Login

russian armor

Defensive Tactics

19 Feb 2014, 08:32 AM

Why do you hate this commander so much Relic? With every "big" patch, this commander got nerfed into oblivion even more. Isn't the whole idea behind this commander is to have strong early game or do I have the wrong idea? It's really unfair, this commander needs some love.

http://youtu.be/izGwDsrQ1eQ
19 Feb 2014, 09:04 AM

no one ever uses it

maxim's straight up better than the DShK
mines require a lot more micro, for little effect
at gun is easily spammable but pretty weak
tank traps don't work

my suggestions to fix it

make the DShK fire in small bursts of low fire rate, do not give it suppression, but do really good damage against infantry have the same set up range of the MG42 or something similar, have it do damage to tanks (a really small amount) and have it shred the scout car, 3-5 bursts, and the halftrack in like 6-7 bursts. this gives it the feel of a 12.7mm HMG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgXWJEZzFHE
basically like the one this man is firing, it's too overwhelming to maintain a long burst,

this change make it in it's own class of weapon, a sort of infantry pushing MG that you can set up for defending or attacking that takes models down, and a counter to light tanks.

the mines should come in premade amounts for 30 munis, randomly spaced like the s-mines, they're too micro intensive currently IMHO (and i use mines a fuck-ton)

AT gun needs... i don't know. it's pretty useless ATM. maybe make it's cost 250-280, give it a light HE barrage ability for 30 munis, and make it's set up time smaller than of the zis

tank traps can be blown up with tanks in a really short amount of time. this is wrong. tank traps should be invulnerable to tank/anti tank gun fire. and should be vunerable to the hazard clearance kit and the satchel charges/placed explosives

also: make the build time that of current wire, and wire time should be reduced to v-coh levels

19 Feb 2014, 09:11 AM

I can't even count how many nerfs this commander got, but I can't think of a single other who got as many :)

Its relic way of saying "yes, we didn't intended to add tank traps THAT much" :)

But the truth is, this is a 'community commander' made by players who went to Vancouver, not relic, so the bright community minds who decided to put early game only stuff are to blame as well.

I find it ironic that commander made by community turns out to be most useless one in game, NKVD rifle doctrine at least have decent offmaps.
19 Feb 2014, 09:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2014, 09:11 AMKatitof

But the truth is, this is a 'community commander' made by players who went to Vancouver, not relic, so the bright community minds who decided to put early game only stuff are to blame as well.

I find it ironic that commander made by community turns out to be most useless one in game, NKVD rifle doctrine at least have decent offmaps.

You have to realize that the "community" that went to Vancouver was mostly vcoh players who hadn't even touched coh2 and never went on to play it either.

The soviet one also started out pretty op, just it was overshadowed by the Windustry spam that started with the same patch. But after the huge nerfs the doucheguns got it was already a worthless doctrine last patch and even worse now.

German one is just as bad too because trenches and tank traps ain't worth building and you can get hull down + pak43 with a far better commander.
19 Feb 2014, 12:14 PM

Agreed, it didn't need to get hit as hard as it did. I don't see the reasoning behind nerfing something I barely even consider using in a comp stomp.
19 Feb 2014, 12:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2014, 09:11 AMKatitof
I can't even count how many nerfs this commander got, but I can't think of a single other who got as many :)

Its relic way of saying "yes, we didn't intended to add tank traps THAT much" :)

Not sure should I cry or laugh....

I can't even count how many nerfs this commander got .... blah blah blah ............... .... ................................I find it ironic that commander made by community turns out to be most useless one in game.

19 Feb 2014, 16:11 PM

Not sure should I cry or laugh....

I can't even count how many nerfs this commander got .... blah blah blah ............... .... ................................I find it ironic that commander made by community turns out to be most useless one in game.

It was useful initially.
19 Feb 2014, 16:13 PM

Seeing as this commander is such a failure, it seems like a great oportunity for Relic to bring back tanktraps to the core commanders, and get ridd of the community commander.
21 Feb 2014, 21:02 PM

This was the first Soviet Commander I played, and I think I stuck to it for the first 15 games or so. I like the ability to build sets of fortifications to force the enemy to play my game, not his. Would have been nice to be able to build true tank traps. I was disappointed in those. The little nickel and dime mines are def decent to have, especially on a winter map. They plant so quickly, cost so little, a couple by fire pits or building doors are a good bleed on MP.

But my very favorite was the inclusion of the Sorok Pyatchka, the "Little 45". I've always loved that little gun wherever I've found it. Fast, neat, and deadly. Before someone flames me because that little gun can't kill a bigger tank all by itself...well, that's the point of that gun. You never found it just sitting all by its lonesome. The Pyatchka loves company. and LOTS of it. This is why I like how the game "got it right". Low MP cost for a call in, and low in terms of Pop count, as well, allows for very large amounts of these little buggers. Six or seven of these little fast firing devils will kill off a medium tank before that tank gets off shot number 2. Love 'em. I agree with the chap who said give it a ranged volley ability. The Pyatchka's had that. After the wheels were replaced with metal ones, and a spring-leaf shock absorber system was included, they shot oskoluchni fugasni (HE) rounds out to around 7 km's or so, and they used barrage quite well.

Keep this Commander. Just fix the Tank Traps to actually be tank traps (uncrossable).

5 May 2015, 09:36 AM

oops necro'd the wrong post, looking for info.
11 May 2015, 09:47 AM

Keep this Commander. Just fix the Tank Traps to actually be tank traps (uncrossable).

Well, a lot tougher but crushable by heavies is my vote. And trenches needs something. More health I guess.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 48
Sweden 26
Poland 8
United States 15
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L