Login

russian armor

Soviet mines needs at least 2x cost for its effectiveness

11 Feb 2014, 21:35 PM

People blaming unit AI or squad sizes are missing the real issue. Every Soviet mine does over 100 pct damage to infantry, there is no reduced splash damage at range it's full 100 pct kill to whatever unit is inside it's radius.

You have no control on whenever the squad bunches up or not, the mine just randomly kills full HP squads.

This adds another unnecessary luck element to the game, and this game has already too much of that.

You can have a full HP German squad lost because of an unlucky wipe from a mine, and there are already enough Soviet equipment that could do that.
11 Feb 2014, 22:36 PM

S-Mine Field
· Cost from 80 MU to 60 MU
· Build time from 40s to 10s
· Mine spacing from 13 to 7
· Mine field can now be rotated to better enable placement

And to compensate that and bring it in line with other mine build time what will give you to all other mines? 2-3 second build time?

You seem to be forgetting that german mine field places 8+ minses, not a single one.
11 Feb 2014, 22:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2014, 22:36 PMKatitof

And to compensate that and bring it in line with other mine build time what will give you to all other mines? 2-3 second build time?

You seem to be forgetting that german mine field places 8+ minses, not a single one.

Oh that's not a suggestion. Leaked patch notes.
11 Feb 2014, 22:51 PM

Oh that's not a suggestion. Leaked patch notes.

If thats true, then my jaw dropped.
I still can't imagine how will they plant that in 10 secs.
12 Feb 2014, 00:21 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2014, 22:51 PMKatitof

Just get a minesweeper, they are good against mines.
12 Feb 2014, 00:28 AM

Found it, it will also be 50% of the mines so it might be fine.
Cost effectively new ones will be worse.
12 Feb 2014, 00:34 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2014, 00:28 AMKatitof
Found it, it will also be 50% of the mines so it might be fine.
Cost effectively new ones will be worse.

Isn't mine spacing distance between the mine patches, not the number of mine patches? I thought the 13 -> 7 drop was to make the minefield more concentrated.
12 Feb 2014, 01:01 AM

S-mine changes look awesome. I can't wait to use them.
12 Feb 2014, 01:18 AM

Unit behavior and AI pathing is the issue. If your units stepped onto 2 mines in a succession, that explains the squad wipe.

Increasing the cost? You're talking about nerfing one of the only effective and guaranteed AT weapons in the Soviet arsenal. And Soviets have to plant a crapton of them if they want any chance to go toe to toe with Ost armor. Nearly everything the Soviets have are AI based and not AT based. Zis<Pak; IS2<Tiger; T34/85<P4; ISU152<Elephant; etc, but they all > Infantry...which isa problem against Ost late game when it becomes mainly armor battles (not to say they should be equivalent to each other, but their units are near identical in roster type and CP requirements).

Zis<Pak Lol I prefer the 6 man zis

IS2<Tiger I dont think so

T34/85<P4 ROFL are you being serious on this one or just exaggerating like hell¿?
12 Feb 2014, 03:29 AM

Zis<Pak Lol I prefer the 6 man zis

The Pak has a higher ROF.

The P4 is faster, has a higher ROF, and better armor.

T34/85<P4 ROFL are you being serious on this one or just exaggerating like hell¿?

The Tiger has a higher ROF and armor.

Are you ignoring my comparisons on an AT level? I've pointed out they're great AI tank in the rest of my post past what you've replied to. Sure, since you're mostly on the receiving end as mainly an Ost player, they're great when used effectively (especially against infantry). My post serves to point out on a 1 on 1 with a tank of their comparable class, they are inferior in their headon AT capabilities. That is a fact.
12 Feb 2014, 03:49 AM

Comparing Panther and Tiger's AI capability to IS2 is IMO wrong(they are both more AT, than AI).
If anything, you should compare IS2 AoE to Brummbar's (same AoE range, more dmg though).

I compared the IS-2 to the Tiger and Panther because that's what people like to compare it to. It's most often compared to a Tiger or a Panther by other players. While the Tiger is a health-tank, the Panther is a tank-killer, and the Sturmpanzer IV is an infantry-killer, the IS-2 is more of a combination of all 3. It has decent health but strong frontal armour, and its main gun has high damage over a large radius and high armour penetration.

You seem to be forgetting that Pioneers have to plant 4 patches or the 80 munitions goes to waste, and each patch takes ages to plant, and each mine does only half-health damage, and you can just use a vehicle to clear the mines with no harm done.

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2014, 22:51 PMKatitof

Same way both factions build bases so quickly they put the Amish to shame.

Imo the Tiger is a better tank than the IS-2 for tank vs tank combat.
12 Feb 2014, 05:05 AM

If they don't change S-mine into AOE damage, at least remove the stupid sign.
12 Feb 2014, 13:14 PM

Permanently Banned
Magic mines, magic grenades, magic bullets that blind the tank, what more? And low cust...

Making the best's 2nd war tank's be like a true turtle...
12 Feb 2014, 14:42 PM

40 seconds build time was one of the main reason these mines where performing badly and where up.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 60
unknown 26
United Kingdom 251
United States 10
United States 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W