Login

russian armor

Sniper in Scout Car

29 Jan 2014, 03:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2014, 22:57 PMWiFiDi

that would then further limit what you can do with a half track.

It's a problem with how they designed the faction, allowing Soviet Sniper not only to fire from a Scout Car, but allowing them to enter, even allowing it to come from the same building, in T1, vs German 4 man squads. Even a 'faust at the SC is a risk, it's possible the squad would be wiped before they can get out.

Afaik the very modular armour system from CoH hasn't made it into CoH2, which makes balancing these types of things all the more difficult, because any change is a global change.
29 Jan 2014, 14:35 PM

Permanently Banned
Sniper in the car, certainly not used in the real war, in the real world...

Need deny fire when the sniper are in the car...
29 Jan 2014, 14:42 PM

One of the hardest strategies to beat as ostheer vs a fairly skilled sov player. You poor a heavy amount of attention into getting rid of the sniper and in the meantime he is gaining better map control and draining your mp. The longer it goes on the worse it gets.

But someone said it right, snipers in scout cars isn't the only problem or the biggest, it's the 1cp guards that support that strat.
29 Jan 2014, 18:07 PM

I'm perfectly OK with this. There needs to be some benefit from going t1 doesn't there?

I'd be okay with removing a snipers ability to fire from a transport if and only if they redo soviet snipers to not get insta-dead to a riflenade. That happens waaaaaaay too often. Also a rate of fire or armor decrease on the German sniper would be nice to go along with the sov nerf. Its incredibly frustrating to lose 3 cons as you ohraaa up to him just to watch the sniper casually retreat out in his unobtanium armor or worse actuakly lose the other three cons to the sniper at point blank range as they fail repeatedly to do DMG to him.

Or better yet let's leave everything as it is and require German players to learn to micro better to deal with this one particular strat :p
29 Jan 2014, 18:37 PM

Link0,

No need to engage Katitof. He's the biggest Soviet Player Troll in the community. There is no reason or logic that will penetrate his bias. Not that it matters, but he has nothing but time on his hands and posts with annoying frequency.

Honestly, I'm sad he's found this forum. Before his high volume and ridiculous posts were limited to the official community forums and gamereplays.org

Maybe he'll get banned like Nullist.

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2014, 23:33 PMlink0

Nobody cares about Guards in M3s. Only snipers in M3s.
29 Jan 2014, 19:11 PM

My biggest complaint regarding the clowncar isnt the imbalance per se, but that I find it a cheap and booring game mechanic. Snipers/flamers/guards driving arround in a car, does anyone think that is fun or tactically challenging? Its the kind of mechanic that, in my oppinion, ruins much of the good COH combat centered arround smart manoueverin. I always did hate roos.
29 Jan 2014, 19:19 PM

Snipers in clown cars are ok, 1 cp guards are not.
29 Jan 2014, 19:56 PM

Link0,

No need to engage Katitof. He's the biggest Soviet Player Troll in the community. There is no reason or logic that will penetrate his bias. Not that it matters, but he has nothing but time on his hands and posts with annoying frequency.

Honestly, I'm sad he's found this forum. Before his high volume and ridiculous posts were limited to the official community forums and gamereplays.org

Maybe he'll get banned like Nullist.

Yep.
I've said that its not sniper and m3 alone, but guards protecting it as well the problem.
That must be like the biggest soviet troll comment with no reason or logic to it :rolleyes:

Oh and I've been here since the beggining. Never felt the need to post thou since walls of bias like nullist were here.

Poor ad hominem worms like you are everywhere and we all have to put up with it unfortunately. Completely unable to attack argument so you choose the need to attack person and make yourself look like an ass(or showing true colors).

This forum being full of self righteous pricks was one of the reasons I never posted before. And don't think this forum is any higher level then official one. The only difference is here relic actually posts.
29 Jan 2014, 20:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2014, 19:56 PMKatitof
Yep.
I've said that its not sniper and m3 alone, but guards protecting it as well the problem.
That must be like the biggest soviet troll comment with no reason or logic to it :rolleyes:

Oh and I've been here since the beggining. Never felt the need to post thou since walls of bias like nullist were here.

Poor ad hominem worms like you are everywhere and we all have to put up with it unfortunately. Completely unable to attack argument so you choose the need to attack person and make yourself look like an ass(or showing true colors).

This forum being full of self righteous pricks was one of the reasons I never posted before. And don't think this forum is any higher level then official one. The only difference is here relic actually posts.

Please leave your rude comments and pride at the door. If they attack you ignore them, but don't say they are stupid, morons for using ad hominem. Two wrongs don't make a right.

To address comment on rifle nades killing snipers from above. How do you let rifle nades get within range of your snipers? Sniper squads out-range grens easily and rifle nades are not instant so even after they are fired, especially at max range, you can still move units away from them. Their damage radius is not very large. Soviet snipers are already very good. Problem with Soviet T1 is penals not being useful not snipers. If you build a sniper squad as soviet and can't get it to vet 3 every game you are not using it correctly.
29 Jan 2014, 20:52 PM

I don't mind the sniper scout car. It's one of the few strategies which are not terrible from soviet T1 play.
30 Jan 2014, 04:11 AM

i think the real problem is def that guards are available too soon, making a supported m3/sniper tough to crack.

an more acute problem is that there is no trade-off for the benefit of putting a squad in there. You get the benefits of mobility and hp/armor and immunity from suppression, with the only tradeoff being risk of death if fail to get out. Since that risk is only a real risk when the car can be 1-shotted without warning, its not a risk until a bit later in the game when there is a pak or tellers or armor out.

i think a moderate accuracy or rate of fire penalty to units in m3 would pull the unit into a strategically deeper support role, namely getting units past MGs, rapid transport, and scouting. Maybe with vet, the m3 could negate penalty to garrisoned units...
30 Jan 2014, 04:43 AM

Hey at least it's not a Bren carrier with a Bren squad in it.

2CP guards should fix it, then you will force fuel upgrades for at nades if he wants to it and things will even out.

But yeah on maps like Moscow Outskirts I do think it's really OP in 2v2 considering available cover...Really countersniping is just too risky to be viable.

30 Jan 2014, 07:32 AM

Hey at least it's not a Bren carrier with a Bren squad in it.

Iirc the Bren Carrier died in one hit from a Panzerfaust and any infantry inside were automatically lost, so it's actually worse (unless you were PE).
30 Jan 2014, 08:49 AM
Donator 22

German players almost always go with early T1, that's why they have trouble with snipers, units in scout cars and mortars.
30 Jan 2014, 09:43 AM

There is no counter to a well micro'ed scout car sniper at the beginning of the game, especially so if the soviets have gone guards.

Any well-microed vehicle is hard to counter regardless of what it may be carrying.
30 Jan 2014, 09:58 AM

Iirc the Bren Carrier died in one hit from a Panzerfaust and any infantry inside were automatically lost, so it's actually worse (unless you were PE).

But pfaust wasn't homing missile of doom back in vCoH.
30 Jan 2014, 10:02 AM

I like M3 as scout car with better range of view, then as a little kangaroo.
30 Jan 2014, 10:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2014, 08:49 AMRizza
German players almost always go with early T1, that's why they have trouble with snipers, units in scout cars and mortars.

Well yeah, what are they supposed to do? Pioneer spam?
30 Jan 2014, 11:13 AM

On some maps the pathfinding issues of the m3 and the amount of available cover/sightblockers make it fairly probable to land a pfaust hit. Ofcourse, the higher the players skill the less likely you will counter an m3 with grens.

As others stated I see the problem in having guards available at 1cp.

30 Jan 2014, 11:47 AM

This isn't about Guards, stop trying to make it about Guards, that's a completely different issue. This is about Snipers in Scout Cars.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★