Login

russian armor

SNF Tiger Ace news

30 Jan 2014, 10:08 AM

It's 0 fuel, yes but you have recourses drain to compensate for that so I wouldn't say is 0 fuel to tell the truth. It all depends how heavy the drain will be.
30 Jan 2014, 10:10 AM

That TA change sounds just right to me.

I wouldn't mind if it could be called in more than once (just not more than one at the time). Would be fair enough as some kind of compensation for the nerf.

If something is as OP as TA it would be fair enough to beat it up with nerfbat and not compansate for anything, because if you nerf OP unit and compensate for the nerf, you end up at spot zero where you have op unit.

And if thats not enough for you, not stopping your economy completely is already a huuuuuuuuge compensation.
30 Jan 2014, 10:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2014, 09:56 AMwongtp
still not sold on its nerf, while 800mp is quite a fair amount, its 0 fuel.

vet3 tigers are still pretty damn powerful, now with smoke,blitz and maybe target weak point.

Depends, how much will be resource penalty.
30 Jan 2014, 10:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2014, 10:14 AMAradan

Depends, how much will be resource penalty.
\

and depends on what resources are drained.

for comparison, is2 is 740mp and 240fuel, probably worth around 1300mp? and have nothing close to the TA in terms of performance and abilities, whereas TA can smoke to gtfo, stun vehicles at will and blitz.
30 Jan 2014, 10:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2014, 09:56 AMwongtp
still not sold on its nerf, while 800mp is quite a fair amount, its 0 fuel.

vet3 tigers are still pretty damn powerful, now with smoke,blitz and maybe target weak point.

And what do you want they nerf also? Now its ONLY a vet3 Tiger, and costs 800mp, BUT no fuel income or munitions, only Manpower income available.It is a heavy nerf. And you are still crying ¿?
30 Jan 2014, 10:47 AM

Now i get too (why everybody is bitching about the TA, and they are right).
I played yesterday a game (not playing so much online, about 30 games 1v1),
after 30 minutes of hard battle i had about 70% of the map and i had more units from my opponent. I was going to win but suprise,suprise, the TA came out and i lost. I could play better after the TA came out but beyond that, it is (you can say what ever you want german fanboys) a "out of jail card". Even my opponent admited that.
So sto whinning that it gets nerfed. Its suppose to because it is rediculously Stong.
30 Jan 2014, 12:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2014, 10:10 AMKatitof

If something is as OP as TA it would be fair enough to beat it up with nerfbat and not compansate for anything, because if you nerf OP unit and compensate for the nerf, you end up at spot zero where you have op unit.

And if thats not enough for you, not stopping your economy completely is already a huuuuuuuuge compensation.

+1000
30 Jan 2014, 12:54 PM

Actually, if you nerf something that is OP in stats, and also breaks the style of the game it is in, and compensate in other areas that are more appropriate for the game its in, then you have a better balance and a more fun game.

This applies to many of the paid DLC commanders.

The Tiger Ace was a ridiculous unit, it's the kind of stupid thing you see in old Command and Conquer games or a crappy Starcraft mod, not a series like CoH. This one unit's existence dictated the strategy and plans for the entire match as soon as people knew it was available, let alone coming out.

All this talk of just having to built extra AT, build extra arty, drop mines everywhere, and essentially alter your entire style of play is not a response that should have to happen just to have a chance at killing a singular unit, and instead should be a reaction to an overall build.

Relic's designers and balance team should never have let it get out of hand, but clearly there's something wrong in the studio atmosphere of Relic today, or its relationship with its new publisher.

The kind of unit the Tiger Ace was would actually make a great C&C unit, and that was where it failed.
30 Jan 2014, 17:30 PM

Permanently Banned
The IS's get a god armor too...

And the Medium Pz4 is medium to good, soo the only real good big tank is the tiger...

But not harder to loose a game with a tiger ace because the 10 minutes no resources...

Need nerf shock's and others Sov's units, only nerf tiger ace not...
30 Jan 2014, 18:09 PM
Patrion 15

This is why Im done with coh2. I'm tired of the doctrine of cutting the balls off units and abilities, and then buff them back up to mediocrity.

I think the balance team has done a great job up to this point. The tiger ace was just a faceroll unit. It took little to no skill, and didn't feel unique or rewarding to call in. In fact I never used the elite troops doc, even though I purchased it, because it feels dirty and cheap. I'm fully on board with bringing it more in line with a standard Tiger and giving it some unique abilities. I think this will give the Tiger Ace a better identity while still striking fear into the soviets.
30 Jan 2014, 19:16 PM

Permanently Banned
Much of the cry about the tiger ace, from the sov's player's, is because is a big tank that not have killed by the artillery all the time...

Because a lot of player's make that, spam artillery with infantry with poor strategy (only spam), to kill the weak's tank's easy, and make control of the map spamming units and deny resources!

Artillery + Maxim + Cons spam's, call the tiger ace to kill this...

One guy right now i win making kill death ratio of 149/63 and cry by the tiger ace in late game, they spam 6 artillery in the game, with maxim's and con's running all the map...

They kill 63 and die 150... Is not the tiger ace that made this...

Some players want kill easy and fast spamming artillery and cons or maxim's, that it, and work's... Not for the tiger!
30 Jan 2014, 20:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2014, 19:16 PMBravus
Much of the cry about the tiger ace, from the sov's player's, is because is a big tank that not have killed by the artillery all the time...

Because a lot of player's make that, spam artillery with infantry with poor strategy (only spam), to kill the weak's tank's easy, and make control of the map spamming units and deny resources!

One guy right now i win making kill death ratio of 149/63 and cry by the tiger ace in late game, they spam 6 artillery in the game, with maxim's and con's running all the map...

Some players want kill easy and fast spamming artillery and cons or maxim's, that it, and work's... Not for the tiger!
I could not read a single sentence of that. You really need to practice your english...
31 Jan 2014, 12:53 PM

Permanently Banned
I could not read a single sentence of that. You really need to practice your english...

I from other country, dont cry, you die today by a tiger?
31 Jan 2014, 16:44 PM
Patrion 14

now i think you know that this kind of generalisation is bullshit. i think most people cry about this unit is because when you have a real tight game as a soviet and try to muster some forces to push the tide, in many cases german players whip out this little tiger with cool ass skin and wins the game unfairly.
31 Jan 2014, 16:47 PM

Given the strength of the overall "Commander" - G43's, Smoke and Insta Vet - they should just make the Tiger Ace a regular Tiger call in with NO gimmicky options (to both the Tank AND the resource income).

That way if you WANT that triple Vet Tiger - you have to spend more to do it.

Have the Tiger cost the same as the Commanders and be done with it.

Even WITH this change I still think this is the strongest Commander going.
31 Jan 2014, 18:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2014, 12:53 PMBravus

But that´s not an excuse for whinning over some dull soviet build order.
Tell us what did you do in order to counter maxim-con into arty spam (which seems more of a 3v3 or 4v4 scenario, on which you should expect spam of tanks and artyllery).
1 Feb 2014, 08:37 AM

Given the strength of the overall "Commander" - G43's, Smoke and Insta Vet - they should just make the Tiger Ace a regular Tiger call in with NO gimmicky options (to both the Tank AND the resource income).

That way if you WANT that triple Vet Tiger - you have to spend more to do it.

Have the Tiger cost the same as the Commanders and be done with it.

Even WITH this change I still think this is the strongest Commander going.

A normal tiger? you want this doctrine even more OP?
1 Feb 2014, 08:56 AM

Wutt?
1 Feb 2014, 09:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2014, 12:53 PMBravus

He sounds very Chinese-ish.
1 Feb 2014, 13:16 PM

Permanently Banned

But that´s not an excuse for whinning over some dull soviet build order.
Tell us what did you do in order to counter maxim-con into arty spam (which seems more of a 3v3 or 4v4 scenario, on which you should expect spam of tanks and artyllery).

No, in 1vs1, i see many artillery spam... When you dont have a tank like tiger ace, is very hard to combat... See, i know that the tiger ace is OP, but spam's is OP too... Soo the Tiger Ace is the response for its player's! My opinion...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 23
Peru 5
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak