Login

russian armor

SNF Tiger Ace news

27 Jan 2014, 18:54 PM

Well you are asking the wrong person, because I find coh2 boring as fu#@. Coho online had so many ridiculous op strats/abilities/units but it was loads of fun and most op things could be balanced out in the meta due to having so many options to craft your army. Coh2 has barely any real options and anything deemed to be op, or even moderately too good gets the balls cut off it. This seems double for the German side as german units tend to get nerfed into uselessness, then only after an uproar gets buffed to mediocrity.

If the "Battle Servers" that were discussed are also proposed for COH - thus returning to pre Steam status - I think all the issues many have with COH2 will go away as simply we won't be forced to play COH2 if we want a game of Company of Heroes.

I'm sure if that happens though the statistics of play for COH2 are going to really drop off - so I'm not holding my breath.

I always like the default line they use of "Well at this stage of life of the game - COH2 is significantly ahead of COH1..." - well that's because COH broke the ground that COH2 is now treading - if COH2 was a stand alone title ....I'd sure hate to see how low the numbers would be.
27 Jan 2014, 19:01 PM

This is a much needed nerf.

The nice Ace having +25% range, more accuracy, faster ROF, and increased speed is still beastly as hell.

On top of that, the doctrine has ALL the best German abilities like cheap purchased Vet (still very OP), G43 and Smoke. What more can you want?

Still best German doctrine, by far.
27 Jan 2014, 19:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2014, 19:01 PMlink0
Much needed nerf. Having +25% range, more accuracy, faster ROF, and increased speed is still beastly.

On top of that, the doctrine has ALL the best German abilities like Vet, G43 and Smoke.

Still best German doctrine, by far.

Exactly. Dont let the tree (a really big one) block your view of the forest.

0 fuel means than even if you vetted units or were cutoff with little resources, you just need to save up MP for getting a beast vet 3 Tiger with abilities.

27 Jan 2014, 20:00 PM

Well you are asking the wrong person, because I find coh2 boring as fu#@. Coho online had so many ridiculous op strats/abilities/units but it was loads of fun and most op things could be balanced out in the meta due to having so many options to craft your army. Coh2 has barely any real options and anything deemed to be op, or even moderately too good gets the balls cut off it. This seems double for the German side as german units tend to get nerfed into uselessness, then only after an uproar gets buffed to mediocrity.

That is because CoHo was full of OP imbalanced crap with pay to win while CoH2 aims at balanced game with DLC commanders adding new things, not better things.
27 Jan 2014, 20:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2014, 20:00 PMKatitof

That is because CoHo was full of OP imbalanced crap with pay to win while CoH2 aims at balanced game with DLC commanders adding new things, not better things.

Well considering one was Free 2 Play and the other slugged for you for $100 for a Collectors Edition at launch and then continues to hit you for $4 every few months to give you "features" that were available as standard play options in COH....
27 Jan 2014, 20:31 PM

Well considering one was Free 2 Play and the other slugged for you for $100 for a Collectors Edition at launch and then continues to hit you for $4 every few months to give you "features" that were available as standard play options in COH....

Yea, we all had a commissar behind us, aiming a gun at the back of our heads, forcing us to buy DCE :rolleyes:
If you were stupid and threw your money away at content you didn't even needed or expected the more you pay the stronger you will be, well, you've got what you deserved.

DCE is worth the money, question is, do you really needed 48$ worth of skins?
Blame no one but yourself if you got it without being huge games fanboy.
27 Jan 2014, 21:10 PM

I wonder if they are going to change the cp for the tiger ace now.
27 Jan 2014, 21:11 PM

Great change to the commander and very close to what I proposed myself. If the recourse drain turns out to be too much I'm pretty sure they can tweak it but personally I don't think it will be an issue. The commander itself stays very strong with all my favourites abilities in it so now I'll be able to use it without thinking that I'm simply cheating every time I use it. Time will tell if further tweaks are required.

I wouldn't like to see the next batch of OP commanders being released however as I'd most definitely stop playing this game.

I can't believe some players calling this too much of a nerf as well.
28 Jan 2014, 02:42 AM

An interesting side effect of this thread is you can find out exactly who the pay 2 win players are hahaha. Yes they took some much needed cheese out of the tree but its still probably going to be the most op tree currently out there simply because buying veterency is dumb and should not be in coh2 where veterancy is so powerful.

Although I personally don't like the current relic business model I can't keep myself from laughing how many people that buy the dlc stuff cry about the concept of better commanders coming out ... News flash you are the reason relic keeps doing this because you're so hungry for the op flavor of the month commander that you keep buying them. The game is plenty fun with the free commanders :)
28 Jan 2014, 03:17 AM

The next batch of commanders look even more OP than the last batch. I will probably buy at least 3, LOL!
29 Jan 2014, 14:40 PM

Permanently Banned
Pay 2 Win is a problem for balance, but if you wont buy will loose for the others OP pay's commanders...

Maybe Relic need be more friendly and decrease the costs of the commanders?!
29 Jan 2014, 15:04 PM

The next batch of commanders look even more OP than the last batch. I will probably buy at least 3, LOL!

Actually, not a single one of them(from the leaked commanders that is) looks worse then elite troops.

I don't think a disaster like tiger ace happens ever again as even brit roo spam looks underpowered next to it.
29 Jan 2014, 15:05 PM

The 'final reserves', elite Red Banner T-34/85s look like the Soviet version of the Tiger Ace. But since Elite troops is getting nerfed, I assume that this would be brought in line as well.
29 Jan 2014, 15:30 PM

Not to mention T34/85 doesn't really compare to tiger at all.
29 Jan 2014, 15:44 PM

If they were going to double damage & HP on the elite double T-34/85s then we have a super call-in right here.
29 Jan 2014, 16:02 PM

Hint: it doesn't matter in the slightest what they were going to do.
And if suggested changes to TA don't give you a hint...

I was going to nuke the world this evening.
I didn't.
29 Jan 2014, 17:55 PM

You really like getting into meaningless debates on the internet, do you?

haha
29 Jan 2014, 18:03 PM

Yep.
Forum addiction grew on me too strong.
30 Jan 2014, 09:50 AM

That TA change sounds just right to me.

I wouldn't mind if it could be called in more than once (just not more than one at the time). Would be fair enough as some kind of compensation for the nerf.
30 Jan 2014, 09:56 AM

still not sold on its nerf, while 800mp is quite a fair amount, its 0 fuel.

vet3 tigers are still pretty damn powerful, now with smoke,blitz and maybe target weak point.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★