Login

russian armor

The Road (2009)

6 Jan 2013, 00:20 AM

I just saw this film, and I was really impressed by it. It's quite depressing but also really beautiful. Anyone else saw it? and how do you think about it??

p.s. I miss my clanforum where I can create my own moviethread again :P
6 Jan 2013, 00:58 AM

I have seen that movie a year ago or so.. and its a truly great movie! I liked it alot!
6 Jan 2013, 01:00 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Awesome movie. As a father it really gets you. Plus Viggo is just awesome in everything he does. If you haven't seen "The History of Violence" and "Eastern Promises", I highly recommend both of those.
6 Jan 2013, 01:55 AM

Awesome movie. As a father it really gets you. Plus Viggo is just awesome in everything he does. If you haven't seen "The History of Violence" and "Eastern Promises", I highly recommend both of those.

Im not a father , but I agree with everything Ami!
Viggo is great actor indeed! and I vouch other 2 movies you listed great movies as well!
6 Jan 2013, 01:59 AM

It's quite depressing but also really beautiful.

6 Jan 2013, 04:04 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

I found it just really depressing in general and made me want to buy more guns and ammo. Which I have :D
6 Jan 2013, 06:48 AM
Coder Red Badge

The book is better.
6 Jan 2013, 06:58 AM

pirating now MVGame
6 Jan 2013, 12:23 PM

The book is excellent. Cormac McCarthy (the author) has a unique writing style. The story is dark, bleak and is suppose to be depressing with an underlying message. The movie was good as well..they go well together (almost like a companion piece). Unlike No Country for Old Men. That movie was 100 times better than the book. In fact, I read the book and couldn't understand it. (it is written by the same author. Skip the book and go straight for the movie).
6 Jan 2013, 12:47 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 39

Watched each of these movies 2 times. They're all excellent, and Viggo is really really good!
6 Jan 2013, 13:22 PM

pirating now MVGame

hahaha!!!
8 Jan 2013, 05:45 AM

The book is great, and the film paints a bleak captivating narrative. Its well done in both sense. Yes Ami I love Eastern Promises and History of Violence both good movies!
Hux
8 Jan 2013, 12:35 PM
Patrion 14

The book for the road was terrible. I get that he's trying to paint a bleak picture, but good god it was tedious to read..

It's for that reason I haven't seen the film. I heard mixed reviews on it. I'll wait for it to be shown on t.v

On a side note, Eastern promises was excellent. I've been a fan of Vincent Cassel since La Haine and Irreversible (although I'll never go near a fire extinguisher ever again!)
8 Jan 2013, 13:11 PM

I read the book after Col Hackworth recommended it on my clan forum.

It is without doubt depressing and bleak but also a monumental achievement. One of those few book I read non stop until it was finished. On the train, at mealtimes, until I fell asleep at night.

Never bothered with the film as, apart from 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest', I've never seen a film that is better than the book upon which it was based and I didn't want to spoil the memory.

I'd also recommend another Cormac McCarthy book. Blood Meridian. It's a story based on the colonisation of the American Great Plains and the character of the men who accomplished it.
8 Jan 2013, 15:19 PM

:o I thought about this movie a few days ago, weird.

Never watched it since it got some really "meh" reviews, but it always looked interesting to me. Might try watching it. :)
8 Jan 2013, 16:24 PM

i really liked it! it's a "must see" imo :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★