Login

russian armor

Sniper Balance

PAGES (10)down
23 Feb 2014, 20:06 PM

This is what is really missing from Sniper play, a low cost (no fuel) vehicle that can scout for Snipers and hunt them down. Both Scout Car's currently available cost fuel, and generally fill a different role.

They should just make T0 Kübelwagen and GAZ-67, for about 250MP each.

Great idea! and it would allow the 221/222 and M3 to get some changes!

23 Feb 2014, 20:58 PM

The soviet sniper has the advantage of being able to counter-snipe the German sniper.

The German sniper has the advantage of actually being useful.
23 Feb 2014, 21:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2014, 17:59 PMKatitof

Umm, before soviet sniper will take another shot, german sniper will fire 3 times.
I suppose that means german sniper should be doctrinal as well?

Not to mention having sniper vs not having sniper creates extremely HUGE imbalance.
Hint:
Amis vs PE.

Don't try to fix something that isn't broken with a friggin sledgehammer, because your suggestion goes as far as redesigning the game.

I didnt expect a normal answer from a sovjet fanboy troll like you, but i wll say go play more, and maybe you will see the problem that 4/5 germans have countering the sovjet sniper for once...

sovjet sniper especially in team games is hard to counter if not impossible..it a known problem, either give the germans 5 man squad, or make sovjet doctrinal
23 Feb 2014, 21:16 PM

The main reason i love the vet 1 ability of the german sniper. it generally will kill the sniper team.
24 Feb 2014, 15:04 PM

Permanently Banned
The soviet sniper is a big problem to all german player, they dont die too easy and have 2, they shot and get off (diaper), the grenadiers dont take then, just die easy for it, is hard to kill then...

And when put a sniper in the car, is totaly OP ridiculous...
24 Feb 2014, 15:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2014, 15:04 PMBravus
The soviet sniper is a big problem to all german player, they dont die too easy and have 2, they shot and get off (diaper), the grenadiers dont take then, just die easy for it, is hard to kill then...

And when put a sniper in the car, is totaly OP ridiculous...

Correction: the soviet sniper is a problem for all Germans that don't know how to deal with it. G43s, riflenade, and tactical counter sniping is far too hard i guess.

I dont see the problem with countersniping. Put german sniper in cover. Bait soviet sniper with gren, after soviet fires kill one sniper, restealth before soviet can fire back. Rinse and repeat until you hit vet 1. At vet one use thr ability to either immediatly frag both soviet snipers or use the stun time to kill the second one of the ability didnt kill him.

Is this hard?

If hes in a scout car hes even easier to countersnipe becsuse the soviet cant target his snipers (however as of the last time i played the bug still seems to be in effect that prevents the second soviet sniper in scout car from ever being sniped which needs fixing). However regardless of that. Use upgunned scout car to destroy clown fsr and hunt down sniper. If he goes guards you go something with smoke so you can instantly break button and give yourself enough cover from the guards to take down the clown car.

If you refute these ways of dealing with them because hes hugging his clown car with cons and guards then i suggest you cap the rest of the map and avoid his 900+ manpower blob. And if that is too micro intensive then I recommend maybe this game isn't for you and you're wasting your time playing a game for which you don't have the necessary microing skills. And I don't mean that in a bad way ... I'm terrible at sports games, so I don't play them. It's just common sense

Edit: alternstively if clowncar sniper is so op you could make ur own using the half track calling that comes with the lmg grens and put 2 (I think it holds 2) snipers in it. Look at that you have a clown car that's twice ad effective!! Sure you're stuck with a meh tree and it doesn't come till 3 (I think) cps ... But hell you have an op clown car to win you the game! (I've never actually tried this but I've always wanted to ... Maybe I'll make it my weekend project) :p
24 Feb 2014, 15:56 PM

Correction: the soviet sniper is a problem for all Germans that don't know how to deal with it. G43s, riflenade, and tactical counter sniping is far too hard i guess.

I dont see the problem with countersniping. Put german sniper in cover. Bait soviet sniper with gren, after soviet fires kill one sniper, restealth before soviet can fire back. Rinse and repeat until you hit vet 1. At vet one use thr ability to either immediatly frag both soviet snipers or use the stun time to kill the second one of the ability didnt kill him.

Is this hard?

If hes in a scout car hes even easier to countersnipe becsuse the soviet cant target his snipers (however as of the last time i played the bug still seems to be in effect that prevents the second soviet sniper in scout car from ever being sniped which needs fixing). However regardless of that. Use upgunned scout car to destroy clown fsr and hunt down sniper. If he goes guards you go something with smoke so you can instantly break button and give yourself enough cover from the guards to take down the clown car.

If you refute these ways of dealing with them because hes hugging his clown car with cons and guards then i suggest you cap the rest of the map and avoid his 900+ manpower blob. And if that is too micro intensive then I recommend maybe this game isn't for you and you're wasting your time playing a game for which you don't have the necessary microing skills. And I don't mean that in a bad way ... I'm terrible at sports games, so I don't play them. It's just common sense

++1
24 Feb 2014, 19:55 PM

Soviet sniper > German Sniper

German heavy tank > Soviet tanks

It probably takes about the same amount of frustration combined arms and resource expenditure imbalance to kill german heavy armor as it does for german to kill special soviet infantry like shocks/guards/sniper.

It's the way the game is balanced and frankly its just not going to change. Germans dont have a "perfect" counter for things like shock troops and snipers. On the other hand soviets dont have a perfect counter for things like Elephant, Tiger, Panther...

I'm sure you think the game is perfectly balanced when you are steamrolling every tank the soviets throw at your heavy armor... and you would be right.
24 Feb 2014, 20:30 PM

Wow seems like some of you guys really don't play. Vet ability for OST sniper is broken, it doesn't really "stun" anyone. They can continue to move. Let's not forget the sov sniper can hide in scout car and never get countersniped (due to known bug). Let's also not forget it's amazing survivability, especially with vet 1 "ussien bolt" ability. A well micro'd soviet sniper in the hands of a decent player is near impossible to kill (very very hard). While you must babysit your OST sniper more than any other unit in the game.

Oh this is great too. I tested the OST sniper in the 250 call in halftrack. The OST sniper still takes small arms fire damage WHILE IN THE HALFTRACK!! Test it... Lolol. Not only that it performs terribly when it's inside! Oh man.. Back to soviet auto matching for me, less hair pulling.
24 Feb 2014, 21:03 PM

Its not like soviets in M3 don't take small arms fire.. they do just as well as in M5. Its normal garrison, just mobile.

And what do you mean "performs terribly" for german in 250? You mean it misses? Well, welcome to the M3 world then, playing other faction will help you understand the game more.
24 Feb 2014, 23:50 PM

He shoots slower.. Sometimes not at all. The range has be closer. It's weird. I tried this a few times and had same results.

I never seen Russ sniper in scout car take small arms damage and I play with him a lot. Maybe the occasional mortar hit on sc kills 1 model but I never saw g43s hitting sniper in scout car, maybe I missed it?
25 Feb 2014, 05:57 AM

He shoots slower.. Sometimes not at all. The range has be closer. It's weird. I tried this a few times and had same results.

I never seen Russ sniper in scout car take small arms damage and I play with him a lot. Maybe the occasional mortar hit on sc kills 1 model but I never saw g43s hitting sniper in scout car, maybe I missed it?

It's something with the 250 halftrack itself; doesn't seem to protect passengers. Sometimes my PGrens in it die but the vehicle itself is still fine (happened a couple of times against Shock hordes last patch, no enemy snipers).

I'm pretty sure infantry in M3 take damage as well but not as much it seems; only AoE damage really affects them.
25 Feb 2014, 05:59 AM

Let's also not forget it's amazing survivability, especially with vet 1 "ussien bolt" ability.

Sniper blitzkrieg MVGAME.
25 Feb 2014, 10:59 AM

I have to admit the biggest pain right now for me is to deal with Sniper heavy strats or Sniper + Clown car + Guard combo.
I have some successes countering this with German Sniper but it doesn't always work. I'd like to see some damage potential on light vehicles (Scout cars) since they are pretty squishy.
25 Feb 2014, 11:14 AM

Why not reduce Soviet Sniper damage to 75% so it doesnt kill instantly a german model? Sniper team has 2 guys, so you sacrifice survivality for damage output. German sniper could have a chace to counter-snipe then... Because I think dealing with 2 or 3 snipers in teamgames is just too much.
25 Feb 2014, 11:19 AM

It's not the Sniper damage model that's causing the problem. It's getting there with a variable counter.
25 Feb 2014, 11:20 AM

If you have 2 soviet snipers, you can force retreat at german squad. I think reducing the damage could solve the problem for that
25 Feb 2014, 11:42 AM

If you have 2 soviet snipers, you can force retreat at german squad. I think reducing the damage could solve the problem for that

2x360 Sniper teams can force retreat one german squad, but two another can fight and retreat/kill snipers.

I miss natural sniper counters bike/jeep for 180/220 MP only.
25 Feb 2014, 11:46 AM

Or a debuff for amassed Snipers, Law of the Conservation of Ninjutsu* anyone? Accuracy reduced 50% for every sniper within 30 units* of another?

*Aka the inverse ninja law, where the more you have of something grouped in one place, the less effective they are.
*The average maximum range of a rifle or tank gun in CoH2.
25 Feb 2014, 12:06 PM

Why not reduce Soviet Sniper damage to 75% so it doesnt kill instantly a german model? Sniper team has 2 guys, so you sacrifice survivality for damage output. German sniper could have a chace to counter-snipe then... Because I think dealing with 2 or 3 snipers in teamgames is just too much.

Because then it would stop being a sniper duuh.
Snipers don't deal any damage, they inflict instant death critical.

And yes, you already sacrifice damage output for survivability, because soviet sniper needs LONGER time to kill 4 grens then german one needs for 6 scripts.

Seriously, it seems like maybe every 4th person in this forum even play the game.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 0
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak