Login

russian armor

how do i remap/bind keys to my liking ? (i am a leftie)

24 Jan 2014, 13:32 PM

i was wondering how i can change the default key bindings for coh2.

for ex:

have molotov = num pad 7
24 Jan 2014, 14:14 PM

I use Hotkeys.

Then you write a script to your likings and preferences.
24 Jan 2014, 14:26 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Here are some instructions for autohotkey and COH from the COH reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/CompanyOfHeroes/comments/1d066t/subreddit_resource_fullscreen_borderless_and_wasd/
That should help you get a hang of AHK and get you started on customizing the scripts to your liking.

The opening line
Code
#IfWinActive, Company Of Heroes
works for both COH1 and COH2. At least in my experience.

If you want something as specific as "have molotov = num pad 7" you will probably need to reassign numpad 7 to whatever the hotkey for molotovs is (depends on whether you use old hotkeys or gridkeys in the COH2 options panel).

GL and maybe post your script here so other southpaws can take advantage of it when you're done.
24 Jan 2014, 14:45 PM

It will work for company of heroes 2 if you insert this line before your line:

settitlematchmode, 2

24 Jan 2014, 18:28 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I´ll use this thread to ask:
Is there still no way to change the hotkeys which are assigned to an ability (put them all on QWERTY for example) instead of just having to remap them with Autohotkey?
24 Jan 2014, 18:35 PM

ok.
i downloaded and verified that autohotkey runs as a portable app.

can someone post their uncompiled script for coh2 ? so i don't have to reinvent the wheel...
25 Jan 2014, 04:07 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

ok.
i downloaded and verified that autohotkey runs as a portable app.

can someone post their uncompiled script for coh2 ? so i don't have to reinvent the wheel...

Code
#IfWinActive, Company Of Heroes
½::Numpad0
return

This is the code I use for COH1 and COH2. Just change "½" to whatever key you want to press and "Numpad0" to whatever key you want that first key to correspond to. Repeat ad nauseum (or don't)
26 Jan 2014, 09:57 AM

Is there a way to bind move / attack order from Mouse2 to Mouse3?

My mouse is dying, right click doesn't work all the time anymore, and it'd be a shame if I had to stop playing because it takes 10 clicks to give a simple move order.
26 Jan 2014, 10:51 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

Is there a way to bind move / attack order from Mouse2 to Mouse3?

My mouse is dying, right click doesn't work all the time anymore, and it'd be a shame if I had to stop playing because it takes 10 clicks to give a simple move order.

There is no way in the game. You could use your mouse drivers to change make a different button correspond to button 2. Also, if you can settle for a cheap mouse, there are very inexpensive options to replace.
26 Jan 2014, 11:00 AM

I lament the loss of DoW2's best improvements. The keybindings.lua file may not have been the best, but it was a great option.

Hopefully, it's one of the slower to implement improvements that they are working on for some hypothetical big future patch, kind of like the lag and network issues.
26 Jan 2014, 18:49 PM

The easiest way to deal with this problem is by using your mouse or keyboard software to create macros for the hotkeys you want assigned. I have the reinforce hotkey and tactical map hotkey bound to the 2 side buttons on my mouse. Those really are the only hotkeys that are useful to replace if you're using the grid-hotkey layout.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★