Login

russian armor

Modding Unit Skins, Flags And Changing Player Colour

12 Jan 2014, 21:38 PM

I've seen a handful of unit skins but none for infantry , anyone know where to locate some?

I would love to see a historical flags mod , none available yet ?

Is there a way to change the player colour to red and enemies to blue ?

12 Jan 2014, 22:54 PM

Halftrack made an infantry skins mod ages ago, but modding has been disabled since the last patch and so it will no longer work.

You'll have to wait until Relic re-enable modding via Steam Workshop until you can try new cosmetic mods.
13 Jan 2014, 06:54 AM

You'll have to wait until Relic re-enable modding via Steam Workshop until you can try new cosmetic mods.

Has it been confirmed that this will happen? So far I've only seen speculation, and while it would be the most logical approach, I wouldn't say so with such confidence until Relic lets us know what they've decided.
13 Jan 2014, 08:08 AM

I don't think Relic letting you modify the skin because they are selling skins for money.

If there is sound pack for Soviet speaking Russian, German speaking German, UI still in English, it would be great.
13 Jan 2014, 08:21 AM

I personally was talking about skin packs for infantry units, which replace the defaults and have no alternatives, let alone DLC alternatives. Personally if workshop integration does come, thatt would be fantastic, it means the bugs involved with using (progression being reset randomly) would be gone.
13 Jan 2014, 12:22 PM

i don't want my grens to have retarded unhistoricalicaly accurate camo

WHERE'S MY UNIT SKINS
13 Jan 2014, 12:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2014, 08:08 AMPorygon
I don't think Relic letting you modify the skin because they are selling skins for money.

The skins they make anyone can see what you are using, where the mod skins is just you.

People will still buy them...
13 Jan 2014, 14:08 PM

Has it been confirmed that this will happen? So far I've only seen speculation, and while it would be the most logical approach, I wouldn't say so with such confidence until Relic lets us know what they've decided.

I am quietly confident that we will get modding capability back, but it will go hand-in-hand with Steam Workshop implementation, dev-designed (or approved) modding tools and some fairly strict guidelines.

There has been a great deal of discussion about this over at RN with Lardinal, one of the Relic devs assigned to modding duties. I know he's registered over here at COH2.org as well.

I think the problem here is that we will all be waiting a hell of a long time, and a number of perspective modders have long since given up on the game. Relic are simply far too slow to react to anything.
13 Jan 2014, 19:25 PM

I am quietly confident that we will get modding capability back, but it will go hand-in-hand with Steam Workshop implementation, dev-designed (or approved) modding tools and some fairly strict guidelines.

There has been a great deal of discussion about this over at RN with Lardinal, one of the Relic devs assigned to modding duties. I know he's registered over here at COH2.org as well.

I think the problem here is that we will all be waiting a hell of a long time, and a number of perspective modders have long since given up on the game. Relic are simply far too slow to react to anything.

CoH 1 had some fantastic skins and flag mods , its a shame nothing like this is suppored..

CoH2 although better in some ways is hugely restrictive which is my main gripe with this game along with the input lag .
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★