Login

russian armor

MG42's getting sniped by scripts and shocks

13 Jan 2014, 06:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2014, 04:32 AMPorygon
I hope Grens and PG can build wire and sandbag (not the stupid crap now we have that requires to be build for ages) once more, it's the best thing I can recall from COH1 wehr

I'm okay with wire being restricted to Pioneers, it makes sense that they'd be the ones handling it the wire. I do think it is odd though that Grenadiers (and conscripts, and pretty much any regular infantry) can't fill a sack with dirt and stack it, though.

I wouldn't be opposed to a 'preset' sandbag wall, like what the conscripts can build. People are probably going to hop in and say "but Ost can build bunkers". Yes, but bunkers cost manpower, piles of dirt are free.
13 Jan 2014, 08:15 AM

I'm okay with wire being restricted to Pioneers, it makes sense that they'd be the ones handling it the wire. I do think it is odd though that Grenadiers (and conscripts, and pretty much any regular infantry) can't fill a sack with dirt and stack it, though.

I wouldn't be opposed to a 'preset' sandbag wall, like what the conscripts can build. People are probably going to hop in and say "but Ost can build bunkers". Yes, but bunkers cost manpower, piles of dirt are free.

The wire now, is not fine. It takes ages to build. How does that make sense wiring a small chokepoint require more time than building a base building.

I am still proudly using ghost wiring tactic now, I don't see anything wrong with it.
13 Jan 2014, 08:16 AM

I didn't comment on the build time for wire, I just said I'm okay with pioneers being the only unit that can build it.
13 Jan 2014, 09:14 AM

Yea, the build time for defenses is pretty dumb, and doctrinal tank traps only? Doctrinal sandbags only? Com'on relic...
13 Jan 2014, 10:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2014, 08:15 AMPorygon

I am still proudly using ghost wiring tactic now, I don't see anything wrong with it.

You do realize that you can destroy ghost wire with small arms now? It only takes a couple of shots to destroy it, so you can easily clear any ghost wire while your units are running up to it.

Ie. it really is not an issue if you try "abuse" it now seeing how it doesn't work.
13 Jan 2014, 15:12 PM

The small dog barks 'Nerf! Nerf! Nerf!'

Again.

As it did yesterday.

And the day before it.
13 Jan 2014, 15:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2014, 10:22 AMCruzz

You do realize that you can destroy ghost wire with small arms now? It only takes a couple of shots to destroy it, so you can easily clear any ghost wire while your units are running up to it.

Ie. it really is not an issue if you try "abuse" it now seeing how it doesn't work.

That's the reason I said, I see nothing wrong
13 Jan 2014, 17:16 PM

This MG42 problem is a bit annoying. Whats more annoying to me is the way the Mg42 will just sit and not fire for a good few seconds while a squad is running at them, whats the deal!? Even more hair pull worthy is when I stick my mg42 in Semois church, a con squad casually waltz's by past the church to my strat point. Lol.. It takes so damn long for the MG to setup and fire. I do not remember this in Coh1.

Yes yes I know you can click the mg42 and click the unit you want it to fire at but sometimes I am not looking or microing elsewhere. I stick it in the house expecting it to lock down an area for a second.
13 Jan 2014, 17:32 PM

Even more hair pull worthy is when I stick my mg42 in Semois church, a con squad casually waltz's by past the church to my strat point. Lol.. It takes so damn long for the MG to setup and fire.

Exactly. And before you see an enemy, you have no chance to choose which direction the MG42 is pointing.
It usually points in the least logical direction -> a conscript squad can just run close to it and throw a molotov without the MG42 firing even a single shot because it takes a small eternity for the MG42 to unpack, move to the other window and deploy and start firing. By this time the conscript squad can just start circling even if they don't have molotovs upgraded.

I think you should be able to choose the direction it's pointing like you can while the unit is not inside any buildings. Then you could use it to your advantage and protect the other flanks with grens. Of course the same would be with the soviet machine guns.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★