Login

russian armor

Nerf the Sturmovik

4 Jan 2014, 03:25 AM

Do I really need to point out this thing is retarded in its current form?

U either:

- Get AA
- Lose

My personal sentiment is that this thing has to, at the very least, stop hitting players in totally different areas from where it was thrown. It's just a totally ridiculous "IWin" button really :(

Discuss.
4 Jan 2014, 03:43 AM
Donator 11

I feel your pain, it was already discussed here if you want to see people's thoughts:

http://www.coh2.org/topic/12537/another-nerf-needed

but yeah area of effect is way too big.
4 Jan 2014, 11:27 AM

Ah right, I saw that topic but it didnt seem all about the Sturmovik to me (it discusses one shot wipe units and KV8s as well).

All I want is for the Sturmovik to take a big, fat nerf. It is a mindless ability that is WAY too rewarding for a simple one button mouseclick. Yes, it's expensive but wiping out like 3 vetted units in areas the opponent didn't target is just ridiculous.
4 Jan 2014, 12:06 PM

spam P4's with MG's on top to counter it MVGame
4 Jan 2014, 12:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2014, 11:27 AMStoffa
Ah right, I saw that topic but it didnt seem all about the Sturmovik to me (it discusses one shot wipe units and KV8s as well).

All I want is for the Sturmovik to take a big, fat nerf. It is a mindless ability that is WAY too rewarding for a simple one button mouseclick. Yes, it's expensive but wiping out like 3 vetted units in areas the opponent didn't target is just ridiculous.

agreed...
4 Jan 2014, 12:45 PM

Don't mind as long as it comes with an adequate price decrease.
4 Jan 2014, 15:20 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

4 Jan 2014, 15:32 PM

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LdF_Vo4B6Ms

This is why the IL2 is a problem. There is no escape.

But TBH if you look at resource damage and not just squad whipe the 240 ost is just as bad but inversed. It simply wrecks soviet t5 horribly and is far from bad at killing infantry.
4 Jan 2014, 16:08 PM

JHeartless the BIG difference is that the way 1v1 games typically develop these days is that the german faction is under tremendous pressure up until the Tigers come out.

Since the Soviets enjoy so much more mapcontrol than the germans they are the faction to always get in the position to spam Sturmoviks whenever the cooldown has passed. This is why the Soviet plane is so much more of a problem.
4 Jan 2014, 16:24 PM
Patrion 14

'Nerf the Sturmovik' sounds like 'Dog the Bounty Hunter.' Henceforth my Sturmovik shall be named 'Nerf.'
4 Jan 2014, 16:28 PM

Indeed, lets nerf Nerf.
4 Jan 2014, 16:46 PM

please do nerf it. i used it and wiped out 2-4 retreating squads with it. while it was fun for me, it must have sucked for the other guy.
4 Jan 2014, 17:04 PM

I lost a lot of infantry (you can lose whole squads in the first strafe) and stuff like StuG (not full health, but it had still a significant amount of health left)) or Panzerwerfer to this ability already. It also seems to be very good at destroying tank engines. I even tried to build now an Ostwind because it is the only AntiAir so I thought maybe it works, but it took too long to shoot down the plane that I already lost my infantry. Not to mention the Ostwind is not exactly a cheap solution for just countering a munition ability.

I understand 240 munition is quite an investment so it has to be powerful at that cost, but maybe it would be more sensible if they made it somehow less effective but cheaper in return. I wouldn't have a better idea at least.
4 Jan 2014, 18:22 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

What i found funny is that most of the time the Oswtind keeps trying to catch up with the Sturmovik, not being able to shoot at it :p

4 Jan 2014, 19:53 PM

It has the same problem the German strafing run had when it killed even retreating units (German one would pin and then kill) and getting out of it with some units is basically impossible, partially because of its huge radius.

I think if it costs a lot of munitions it should be good but in its current implementation there is no way to really avoid it. If it forced a retreat on everything in that area without hunting them all the way back to base or killing them in retreat (if they are not heavily damaged already), it would already be very potent.
It'd still deal lots of damage to units like tanks that can not retreat.

I'd say change its accuracy from 11 (always hits whatever it aims at) to something like 0.5. This would still make it always hit vehicles but would reduce its damage against infantry a little. The missed shots vs. infantry would still score scatter hits.
This would also make cover worth something against it. Right now, no matter what kind of cover infantry is in, they will be hit. With this change cover would actually matter against this (if the plane arrives from the right direction).
If it turns out to be a bit too weak after this, decrease its cost or increase its penetration.
4 Jan 2014, 20:03 PM

What i found funny is that most of the time the Oswtind keeps trying to catch up with the Sturmovik, not being able to shoot at it :p

The MG gunner on P4 actually did the better job taking down the plane than Ostwind. -_-
10 Feb 2014, 22:36 PM

This needs a nerf. You either have to retreat everything to your base or lose a lot of squads. Its way too effective.
11 Feb 2014, 00:20 AM

Why does the german heavy strafe suck so much??
11 Feb 2014, 00:23 AM

It's good at damaging tanks (German one), but for it's price I don't think it's good enough. The IL2 strike is just unbelievably strong right now. There really is no answer to it.
11 Feb 2014, 00:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2014, 00:20 AMakula
Why does the german heavy strafe suck so much??

Because it have a different targeting then IL, otherwise it would one shot infantry even harder then IL, but its supposed to be good vs vehicles and vehicles only and it is when vehicle is stationary, thing is, it rarely have the opportunity to hit stationary target.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 32
unknown 6
United States 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak