Login

russian armor

Scout Cars

10 Jan 2014, 13:41 PM
Patrion 14

Just tried to use it in a team game to try and hunt down two sniper teams.

Useless. Went down to a ridiculously long-range AT grenade.

Complete waste of time, it should be a proper hard counter to snipers but if they are screened with one unit of scripts then it's game over.
24 Jan 2014, 13:40 PM

Yeah why did they nerf the scout car? Was it really over powered in Alpha I wasn't playing during that time so I can't comment on that. For those who did play alpha how was the scout car back then? I mean relics in vet system will technically try to keep the scout in scout car, but in a game like this I don't know how viable a scout really is.
24 Jan 2014, 14:36 PM

Guards at 1cp = no scout car

I don't remember the scout car being as heavily played in the beta, mostly because FHT was so good.
24 Jan 2014, 14:57 PM

I don't remember the scout car being as heavily played in the beta, mostly because FHT was so good.

Back in golden age of MG42 and SC(July/August 2013), I can spam 4 MG42 to 5 AC winning so many games

5 AC just laugh at T-34, like 5 Hotchkiss laughed at Pershing in 2.602 :lol:
24 Jan 2014, 18:35 PM
Donator 11

I can run the scout car away from guards. I really cant run away from Ohh Rah'ed up cons plus at nades that you cant escape. If faust/at nade would break at distance, then the scout car would be much more useful...
25 Jan 2014, 00:02 AM

they need to be able to take 3 at nades
25 Jan 2014, 17:59 PM

Permanently Banned
Scout Car is a weak thing.. Paper armor...
2 Feb 2014, 23:14 PM
Patrion 14

I agree the Scout Car needs to be buffed a bit. Either more resistant to small arms fire, more HP, or a more useful upgun. I don't mind the idea of it costing fuel in principle, but it needs to be more versatile for that cost.

One thing to consider is that there isn't any unit really filling the role of the American M8 from vCOH (maaaybe the T70). Perhaps the Scout Car could stay at 20 fuel cost, but cost more manpower (say 200) in exchange for greater durability and accuracy.
3 Feb 2014, 00:21 AM

It should have the same health of the 251 (double current)
3 Feb 2014, 00:57 AM

1 Question, why dont leave the scout car like in Coh1? In my opinion it was perfect.
3 Feb 2014, 01:59 AM

The "ridiculous" 45% damage received at vet 2 from previous patches was the only thing that made the scout car worthwhile. Nowadays it just... dies.

Increase the health, armor (smgs destroy scout cars in close quarters surprisingly fast) and manpower cost i say.
3 Feb 2014, 04:50 AM

1 Question, why dont leave the scout car like in Coh1? In my opinion it was perfect.

Because these are different games, they have different purposes. The PE Scout Car was supposed to be the "jeep" vehicle (no fuel cost, good vs snipers) that could also go out and capture territory or lock it down like an OP, and the Armoured Car was a different unit with a meant for light combat and support.

In CoH2, it's one unit instead of 2, and it's role is more combat oriented even without the upgrade. The problem is, that role is nullified partially by AT Grenades and nullified completely by Guard Rifles.
3 Feb 2014, 05:51 AM

Scout cars (and M3) will be fine, if they have double range of sight. They are scouts. And M3 cannot pickup units.
3 Feb 2014, 06:02 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Why not give the German scout car smoke canisters out of the box, or after the autocannon upgrade- much like how the T70 has a self-repair option outside of certain doctrines? And if you pick a doctrine you get a second smoke canister .

Also it would be nice if the scout cars got a tiny HP buff at vet 2, maybe +10HP to 170HP, so AT guns and tanks don't one-shot them.
3 Feb 2014, 06:33 AM

This thing definitely needs to return to its pre-nerfed state, at least.
3 Feb 2014, 08:28 AM

Which one? Schwimmwagen, 221, 222, puma, M8, T-17, arguably Bren carrier?
3 Feb 2014, 11:18 AM

Because these are different games, they have different purposes. The PE Scout Car was supposed to be the "jeep" vehicle (no fuel cost, good vs snipers) that could also go out and capture territory or lock it down like an OP, and the Armoured Car was a different unit with a meant for light combat and support.

In CoH2, it's one unit instead of 2, and it's role is more combat oriented even without the upgrade. The problem is, that role is nullified partially by AT Grenades and nullified completely by Guard Rifles.

That is one good answer, sir.
3 Feb 2014, 12:33 PM

Think it needs 50% more health for a higher cost. That way it can reliably survive at least -one- AT nade.
3 Feb 2014, 14:21 PM
Patrion 14

Well it's also that the Scout Car costs fuel. I get that the M3 also costs fuel, however the M3 is T1 and can carry units around. Also, Soviets can (and often do) tech to T3 without building T1. Germans will almost always build both T1 and T2, so you have to tech twice and build two structures before you're even thinking about armor. Which is just to say that, unless the Soviet player is going for a REALLY fast T70, the fuel cost of the Scout Car is not really commensurable with the fuel cost of the M3.

It doesn't bother me that Guard Rifles can nullify the SC, they are dedicated light AT, of course they should be able to nullify the SC. The problem is that you don't even need AT nades as things currently stand, in a prolonged engagement from behind light cover a vanilla conscript squad WILL take out the scout car (whether it has been upgunned or not). That's simply unacceptable. Either remove the fuel cost and keep them as is, or bump up the MP cost and make conscripts pay for sticking around without AT nades.
3 Feb 2014, 22:20 PM
Donator 22

The "ridiculous" 45% damage received at vet 2 from previous patches was the only thing that made the scout car worthwhile. Nowadays it just... dies.

Increase the health, armor (smgs destroy scout cars in close quarters surprisingly fast) and manpower cost i say.

I don't know why the devs would get rid of damage gained with vet in a unit as weak as the scout car.

I'd like scout cars to move faster with engine damage, If they get hit by an AT grenade it only takes a second one to destroy them, this would at least give them a chance to retreat.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★