Login

russian armor

Shocktroops at 1CP

• This thread is locked
PAGES (21)down
19 Dec 2013, 00:09 AM

Best way to counter them imo would be to go triple mgs + dbl snipers into fht/pzrgrens.
19 Dec 2013, 01:03 AM

Only because you think the 1cp change doesn't affect 1v1 as hard, does not justify it breaking 2v2 balance, especially since it is an absolutely unneeded change.

It has nothing to do with what I think. I am suggesting if Shocks are fine in 1v1 but not in 2v2 then if the Shock+Guard combo specifically is the problem a better idea would be to balance Guards instead. Don't turn this into an ad hominem.
19 Dec 2013, 02:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2013, 00:09 AMVonIvan
Best way to counter them imo would be to go triple mgs + dbl snipers into fht/pzrgrens.
Whenever I try heavy mgs, sniper,into t2, out come flaming m3s destroying most of my force. Even throwing grens in the mix, mgs need to babysat so much i cant cap very fast. I'm starting to wonder if they are even worth it. I guess the mind games imposed on enemies should be added to shocktroopers bio.
19 Dec 2013, 02:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2013, 01:03 AMNataris

It has nothing to do with what I think. I am suggesting if Shocks are fine in 1v1 but not in 2v2 then if the Shock+Guard combo specifically is the problem a better idea would be to balance Guards instead. Don't turn this into an ad hominem.

It's just as much of a problem when both players start spamming shocks real early.
19 Dec 2013, 08:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2013, 23:47 PMlink0
I don't have a problem with guards and shocks being available earlier in the game. They are well balanced by their price, so it's all good. I would actually love to see more shocks being used because I hardly ever see them. The diversity would spice things up.

There are good chances to see a decent amount of shocktroops when playing against CaptainSprice ;)

It's just as much of a problem when both players start spamming shocks real early.

It is indeed.

I actually don't think that early shocks or guards add variety, I mean you would have built them anyways they just come out earlier (well you might skip a consquad). So all this change actually does, is increasing the window of opportunity for those two units as well as ending the early game sooner, which I think is terrible.
19 Dec 2013, 08:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2013, 00:09 AMVonIvan

Dual mgs + 1 gren + dual snip into fht/pzgrens is what I usually use in 1v1s and 2v2s now.

The gren is mandatory for faust protection.

Works a bit like the VVSM form vCOH in terms of map control but once you get to t2 things change fast.
19 Dec 2013, 21:07 PM

Dual mgs + 1 gren + dual snip into fht/pzgrens is what I usually use in 1v1s and 2v2s now.

The gren is mandatory for faust protection.

Works a bit like the VVSM form vCOH in terms of map control but once you get to t2 things change fast.

You also need to hold indirect los when using hmg42s because of thsmoke nades, grenadiers serve that purpose pretty well. Snipers are definitely a must have now.
20 Dec 2013, 09:33 AM

Soviets are seriously f***** against fast SC and HT if you remove or delay guards.
20 Dec 2013, 09:49 AM

I've managed to hold off quite well vs Shock spam by going Gren Gren MG Gren, T2 -> FHT PzGrens
20 Dec 2013, 09:54 AM

Soviets are seriously f***** against fast SC and HT if you remove or delay guards.

Why would one want to remove guards?
I would only suggest to move them back to 2cp (1cp old system) as they were, there was absolutely no problem with that timing.
20 Dec 2013, 10:54 AM

Not everyone want play consript spam. For me consrpts dont scale well. No weapon upgrade and weak armor. Grens with G43 rape them as no tomorow. In team games i use them only for merge and pick up OH superior support weapons. Penals was very good, but now the same.
Shock troops are very viable now versus pay2win OH commander and his insta vet.
20 Dec 2013, 11:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2013, 10:54 AMAradan
Not everyone want play consript spam. For me consrpts dont scale well. No weapon upgrade and weak armor. Grens with G43 rape them as no tomorow. In team games i use them only for merge and pick up OH superior support weapons. Penals was very good, but now the same.

Then they should make T1 more viable or improve the Cons in some way. T1 is pretty solid, I just personally don't like it because without the ZiS, you're seriously open to German Armoured attacks. T1 gives no AT, and doctrines only offer soft AT solutions.
20 Dec 2013, 16:08 PM
Patrion 26

Thing is not every ostheer player uses the OP commanders
And why would a doctrinal unit such as Shocks be coming that soon out?
2.5 armor on them is just way to much to deal with in the first 5 mins lol.
If they come later you can say the ostheer is prepared for them or has resources to adjust to it ( if he is not a complete retard).
I don`t say cons spamm is good, by no means no.... its boring as hell.
And you still can deal with early shocks, point is you will loose the whole map control before you can even bring something out that is a hard counter to them.
MGs are a soft counter not a hard counter.
20 Dec 2013, 17:49 PM

Thing is not every ostheer player uses the OP commanders

In team games you meat this commanders everytime.
20 Dec 2013, 17:53 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2013, 17:49 PMAradan

In team games you meat this commanders everytime.

No, not really. Most of the times, yes, but not everytime.
And btw the discussion is not Shocks vs new commanders but Shocks vs OH no matter the commander choice
20 Dec 2013, 23:53 PM

So you don't like conscripts, you prefer OH support weapons and you're sick of getting raped by g43s... how about playing Ostheer for a change?!

Seriously, g43s come out at 2 cps, why would you need any shocks earlier than that?!
21 Dec 2013, 01:07 AM

I see no legitimate counter, and flame halftrack would not work because it dies in 2 hits to an AT nade. Earlier today I had a shock troop vs 2 vet 2 gren squads with LMG upgrades, and the shock troop won.
21 Dec 2013, 01:20 AM

I only play as soviet too and I don't want shocks at 1 CP.

Cheap infantry should have more presence in the early game. Letting elite infantry appear at min 2 is boring.

Btw, I don't like con spam. My infantry's backbone are penals supported by cons for reinforcing, stealing weapons and dealing with light armor. Penals are good enough to deal with grens+LMG and with a bit of reinforcing they can win too against G43s.
21 Dec 2013, 18:12 PM
Patrion 14

can two gren beat a shock ?
21 Dec 2013, 18:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2013, 18:12 PMpigsoup
can two gren beat a shock ?

No, but one Pgren and Gren can, if you let the grens buffert the damage.
PAGES (21)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 38
Poland 10

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak