russian armor

Building nerf.

13 Dec 2013, 16:22 PM

Permanently Banned
So, thumb-rules.
Buildings are better than heavy cover vs:
-Armor
-Suppression

I'm sure there are others but those are the only two I can immediately recognise and confirm.

Those two alone, however, already incentivise buildings, but not in the way we have been used to.
13 Dec 2013, 16:40 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Totally with Budwise. As for buildings having no benefit? What? Units in buildings can't be suppressed and get a longer sight range.
13 Dec 2013, 16:43 PM
Patrion 26

Totally with Budwise. As for buildings having no benefit? What? Units in buildings can't be suppressed and get a longer sight range.

I believe people are just so used to the building being fortresses that for them the nerf feels extreme. Also sight range will not really help you against a PGren behind green cover next to the building also the fact that you can`t get suppressed too =)
Just saying ....

PS:I am being sarcastic ofcourse
13 Dec 2013, 16:53 PM

Well, that means that probably Semoskiy can be fun now.
13 Dec 2013, 16:54 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2013, 16:53 PMGreeb
Well, that means that probably Semoskiy can be fun now.

Wait until you use flames on the buildings =) Everything dies so much faster
13 Dec 2013, 16:55 PM

this is definetively a step in the right direction. but then again its like 2 steps foward 1 step backwards.

as bud said in vcoh units in green cover could win vs houses. but for that you had to use the side of the house with fewer windows. not just walk to the door with your pgreens and slaugther all inside with no cover at all, and no grenades (ill put video up later).
13 Dec 2013, 17:14 PM

But otherwise cons can`t beat grens without having major loses and Ivan doesnt like that =)

No, that's not my reasoning behind this, I'm simply supporting the argument that buildings should have as strong a functionality as cover does, but not too strong, which is why flamers, mortars, etc do well against them, as well as small arms fire, but don't limit it to cover equivalent to yellow cover, at least make it sturdy enough where units aren't thrown out instantly, but not to the point where they can stay in it for a long period of time. I recommend a 5% increase in benefits, which I believe is fair.

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2013, 16:21 PMBudwise
People have to micro, OMG!

Yes, it's an rts game isn't it? Thanks for stating the obvious.
13 Dec 2013, 17:19 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2013, 17:14 PMVonIvan

No, that's not my reasoning behind this, I'm simply supporting the argument that buildings should have as strong a functionality as cover does, but not too strong, which is why flamers, mortars, etc do well against them, as well as small arms fire, but don't limit it to cover equivalent to yellow cover, at least make it sturdy enough where units aren't thrown out instantly, but not to the point where they can stay in it for a long period of time. I recommend a 5% increase in benefits, which I believe is fair.

I thought that building give slightly more than yellow cover. Also as people stated you are not getting suppressed and Armour doesn`t rape you if your in a building.
But maybe you are right, I am just a low skill noob who you raped with a T-70 spamm =)
(But I will beat you one day, this is my quest of life now)
13 Dec 2013, 17:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

For some reason cons die really quickly to MG42 inside houses.
13 Dec 2013, 17:25 PM
Patrion 26

For some reason cons die really quickly to MG42 inside houses.

Because of the building nerf.
Don`t compare maxin cause I think MG does more dmg than the maxim while maxim suppresses faster I believe
1 of 2 Relic postsRelic 13 Dec 2013, 17:42 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Some other benifits buildings provide which were not noted includes:

- improved protection vs. snipers
- shared damage between entities
- 360 cover as opposed to directional cover

13 Dec 2013, 17:44 PM
Honorary Member Badge

So if I understand this correctly people not facing the window shooting can take damage for the soldiers at the window?
13 Dec 2013, 17:45 PM
Patrion 26

Some other benifits buildings provide which were not noted includes:

- improved protection vs. snipers
- 360 cover as opposed to directional cover

1. Wasn`t that even before the patch?
2. You mean no matter from which side you shoot all models in the building will share the damage?
13 Dec 2013, 17:46 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I welcome this change, the SNF has proven that coh2 is a Game of Houses. So seeing that you can't rely on hoses entirely, makes me a happy panda, i might return to the game someday.
13 Dec 2013, 17:49 PM

Permanently Banned

Yeah, this one I had suspected.

Thanks for those elaborations on building stats!
Has been hard to get concrete info on them.
13 Dec 2013, 17:52 PM
Benefactor 115

I guess now it does really matter a lot how many windows a house has.
Especially for soviets small houses will be deathtraps :D
Mgs dealing massive damage to garrisoned units sounds a bit off
13 Dec 2013, 17:56 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2013, 17:52 PMtuvok
Especially for soviets small houses will be deathtraps :D

How so? Why specifically sovs? Can you explain please?
13 Dec 2013, 18:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2013, 17:56 PMNullist

How so? Why specifically sovs? Can you explain please?

all the maps are soviet territory hence all the houses are soviet houses.

there are small houses with only 2 windows and 1 door. those shits are deathdraps with this patch. 1 unit shooting, but all of them dying.

2 step foward 1 steps back.

does the house also allows for the unit out in the window deall all of the squad damage??

houses need adjustment.
13 Dec 2013, 18:34 PM
Honorary Member Badge

there are small houses with only 2 windows and 1 door. those shits are deathdraps with this patch. 1 unit shooting, but all of them dying.

Actually I think it's better- previously it would have been the guy in the window dying outright, then the next guy who took his place, so on and so forth.

Now it's spread out, so you can retreat and heal up for no cost. Rate of damage taken overall should be the same.
13 Dec 2013, 18:36 PM

all the maps are soviet territory hence all the houses are soviet houses.

one step foward 2 steps back.

does the house also allows for the unit out in the window deall all of the squad damage??

houses need adjustment.

I disagree, houses are situational and knowing when to use them is important. They should not always be better than cover. In addition, they give you increased LOS and stop units from freezing. They also absorb artillery rounds for units behind them, and act as a sight block. They may not function now as free bunkers, but I like this.

I hate, absolutely hate, when two players are running for the same house, and pathing or a mere second is all that separates the win from the loss at the beginning of the game. It should always be deeper than this. Houses now do this better, by not guaranteeing a win.

Use them with AT squads to get good hits on tanks, or try them with mgs to cut off areas. One window is sufficient for these units.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★