Login

russian armor

Tiger Ace

13 Dec 2013, 04:11 AM

Consider if supporting such a business model where you have to buy commanders on top of a full priced game to be able to win is something you want to do

I dont support the Commander Business policy, but they r forcing us to buy those. If no one buy any commander I wouldn't buy. who wants to pay money for DLC things after purchasing a whole game?

seems like gaming system has ruined by Steam, Origin because of DLC
13 Dec 2013, 05:21 AM

Real winners buy them both!

Just remember, in a month there will be something else to spend your money on that will beat them both! How exciting it is to play COH2!

13 Dec 2013, 05:32 AM

I always wonder where Mr. Haines gets his brilliant ideas from...

Both commanders (SI & TA) feel like they do not fit in the game, and i would appreciate future commanders having more connection to the feel of the game, instead of just spamming us with fantasy "über" units and abilities appearing in a pubescent teenagers wet dream. It's company of heroes, for foques sake. Excuse my french...
13 Dec 2013, 07:11 AM

Don't counter broken shit by buying more broken shit. This will only encourage Relic to make more idiotic commanders that kill this game.
13 Dec 2013, 07:50 AM

Anyone who has not bought them, certainly do not feel like you have to buy them to compete.

Most players, esspecially at a decent level, do not use these commanders in most games, as they are not always the best choice.

There are choice situations when these commanders can feel imbalanced, but that by no means they win all the time.

More that they change the nature of the battle in a drastic way, which people disagree with.

So certainly don't feel pressured to buy them if you do not want to.
13 Dec 2013, 08:53 AM

The problem is SI can be fixed by tuning. Elite cannot because it hinges on the Tige Ace. It cannot be removed or significantly nerfed because it would mean that a lot of customers wasted their money at nothing.
13 Dec 2013, 09:17 AM

The problem is SI can be fixed by tuning. Elite cannot because it hinges on the Tige Ace. It cannot be removed or significantly nerfed because it would mean that a lot of customers wasted their money at nothing.

Perhaps those customers would employ some critical thinking in their decision making process if those two commanders were 'significantly nerfed'

Certainly would not hurt
13 Dec 2013, 09:56 AM

First of all I also think the Tiger Ace was poorly designed to start with. But after the recent patch the Tiger Ace got a huge buff, in the sense that it is no longer an "all-in" unit.

All you need to do is reach a critical mass of units that can support your Tiger Ace for 10 minutes. And in team games (especially the larger kind such as 3v3 and 4v4s)this is easily doable. Which makes the Tiger Ace no longer situational, but rather a very strong game finisher if a certain "critical mass" is reached.
13 Dec 2013, 10:08 AM
Donator 22

Perhaps those customers would employ some critical thinking in their decision making process if those two commanders were 'significantly nerfed'

Certainly would not hurt

I bought both commander together,in combination with the new theater of war dlc on sale. Before I knew, that this commanders will be a bit OP
13 Dec 2013, 11:51 AM

Same as above, never used either in automatch after seeing all the rage and well stopped playing then, still watching twitch and lurking on the forums to see if there is any reason to start playing again
13 Dec 2013, 12:23 PM

Well, 10 mins is a long time to hang on defending, with no MP, a loooong time. In an equal game, your not gonna be able to reinforce, so just attack everywhere the tiger is not.

I feel it was more of a change for team games, where one ace ussually would cost the Germans the game.

Also, in a game long enough to go past 10 mins (after calling Ace), with a normal tiger doctrine, you quite probably called 2, if not 3 Tigers, all while reinforcing your army.

And SgtBulldog, I do belive it can be toned down.. simply by adding a call in cost, ontop of the resource block, something like 500 MP. So in a tight game, its really going to put the pain on your MP when you call it. But it still retains the same feel.
13 Dec 2013, 13:33 PM

Also, in a game long enough to go past 10 mins (after calling Ace), with a normal tiger doctrine, you quite probably called 2, if not 3 Tigers, all while reinforcing your army.

10 mins @ 200-220 MP/min = 2,000-2,200 MP, so manpower wise you are pretty much correct: you'd have the manpower for ~3 tigers. But there is no way you'd be able to generate the 600 fuel necessary.

Also, having 2 Vet 0 tigers is less potent imo then having the Tiger Ace. If properly supported, that thing is a BEAST. Speaking as a soviet player, I'd rather deal with 2 Tigers at once then one Tiger Ace.

Also, you can easily save on manpower prior to calling in the Ace in order to be able to reinforce your army during the 10 mins (I usually float 800-1000 Mp before calling in the Ace). You don't really need that much manpower anyway, since you're gonna be on the offense and dealing way more damage then you will incur.
13 Dec 2013, 14:23 PM

In 1vs1, the 10 min penalty is as good as no having resources anymore, but in teamgames you can easily defend your territory 10 min with your Tiger Ace and teammate's support.

I don't really like the changes in Tiger Ace, mainly because I don't really think any buff or nerf can actually make viable that unit if it keeps being a free call-in.
Currently as someone said in this forum, Tiger Ace seems an arcade game Final Boss. I doubt it has any place in a true RTS.

It should be completely redesigned. Be hugely nerfed and give it a mp/fuel cost as every other call-in.
13 Dec 2013, 14:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2013, 14:23 PMGreeb

It should be completely redesigned.

I fully agree.
13 Dec 2013, 18:19 PM

Maybe it should, but is that a realistic expectation? Its not our game to design. But we can press for tweaks changes to limit it.

KT used to be free call in, then changed to 500 MP.
13 Dec 2013, 18:48 PM

Maybe it should, but is that a realistic expectation? Its not our game to design. But we can press for tweaks changes to limit it.

KT used to be free call in, then changed to 500 MP.

Ofc it is, if we feel something can be improved/changed we should provide feed-back (preferably with arguments to support).

Btw, KT was never 500 MP. In addition to the 500 MP up front cost, your manpower income was cut in half for 5 minutes, so it's actual cost varied somewhere between 1,000 - 1,200 MP depending on your income.
13 Dec 2013, 19:17 PM

Btw, KT was never 500 MP. In addition to the 500 MP up front cost, your manpower income was cut in half for 5 minutes, so it's actual cost varied somewhere between 1,000 - 1,200 MP depending on your income.

And King Tiger wasn't as powerful as Tiger Ace was.

You could rape a KT just with ATguns or several tanks.
13 Dec 2013, 20:33 PM

Oh I know that Vlad, I was just talking about its initial call in cost.

And yes, Ace has more power, speed etc.. which is why I say 500 MP, plus the resource freeze, wouldnt be OTT.
14 Dec 2013, 10:11 AM

And yes, Ace has more power, speed etc.. which is why I say 500 MP, plus the resource freeze, wouldnt be OTT.

Probably not, but that wouldn't address the real issue with the unit. Which is bad design.
14 Dec 2013, 13:55 PM
Donator 22

he's slower than a normal tiger..not sure
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 28
Germany 388

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak