Login

russian armor

Patch Notes Discussion (Dec. 10th)

PAGES (12)down
11 Dec 2013, 11:00 AM

I voiced my concearns about the fuels on Semoisky as soon as it came out.

Main issue for me was that you didnt need to care about the two sectors by your base (ie the old +10 fuel and +10 munis).

You could just push one large army out of the front of your base, easily controling one fuel and one muni.

In the origional Semois, if you went hard in the middle, your fuel could get stolen, keeping your fuel secure, and also manging to connect one of the high muni points, was a bit of a stretch, which was good.
11 Dec 2013, 11:01 AM
Benefactor 115

And now we have an upgrade that barely makes a difference yet takes up a commander slot. I'd rather have it be a good upgrade at a higher cost than a useless one at a cheaper cost.

I think it's an interesting change:
it might be a small upgrade but it will let you win engagements with vanilla grens, and won't shred pgrens to pieces like before.

Not having cutoffs on semois is a bit strange but overall is a change for the best. Germans finally have a chance since the building-heavy territories are no longer that important
11 Dec 2013, 11:03 AM

Sorry i just saw hans playing and he got the tiger ace.. I saw him getting a tiger but his income would have come back after 10000 sec.

Can anyone explain this? Cause they said your income will come back after 10 mins.

11 Dec 2013, 11:16 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Sorry i just saw hans playing and he got the tiger ace.. I saw him getting a tiger but his income would have come back after 10000 sec.

Can anyone explain this? Cause they said your income will come back after 10 mins.

That is just the cooldown on the tiger Ace ability itself,just a thing to prevent calling in multiple tiger ace.
There is no indication when your income comes back online.
11 Dec 2013, 11:20 AM

So does anyone know more ninja changes? Somehow, the game looks a bit off but I can't really point my finger on it.
11 Dec 2013, 11:21 AM

Now you buy ppsh for every model in squad? If you want 3 models with ppsh = 30 muni?
11 Dec 2013, 11:23 AM
Patrion 27

It's still 2 PPSH.
11 Dec 2013, 11:27 AM

So does anyone know more ninja changes? Somehow, the game looks a bit off but I can't really point my finger on it.

Maybe it's the fact that input lag is less now.
11 Dec 2013, 11:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2013, 10:40 AMLe Wish

wait what? no cutoff?

Nope.
11 Dec 2013, 11:49 AM

if they changed the ppsh why is there noting in the patch notes on it then? i dont get it
11 Dec 2013, 12:03 PM

That is just the cooldown on the tiger Ace ability itself,just a thing to prevent calling in multiple tiger ace.
There is no indication when your income comes back online.

I could imagine this being broken in annihilate.

If you have like a 4 hr game, me thinks it's possible to call in two Tiger Aces then.
11 Dec 2013, 12:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2013, 12:03 PMhubewa

I could imagine this being broken in annihilate.

If you have like a 4 hr game, me thinks it's possible to call in two Tiger Aces then.

Try it and tell us if it worked :P
11 Dec 2013, 12:31 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2013, 11:21 AMAradan
Now you buy ppsh for every model in squad? If you want 3 models with ppsh = 30 muni?

2xPPSH per upgrade.

The DPS was apparenrly finally fixed from Single Player stats, to Multiplayer.

So for the same cost as 1 LMG, you can put PPSH on 6 Cons if you want.
And due to CP change, you can place 6x PPSH by the time Ost has a single LMG or G43.
11 Dec 2013, 12:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2013, 12:31 PMNullist

2xPPSH per upgrade.

The DPS was apparenrly finally fixed from Single Player stats, to Multiplayer.

So for the same cost as 1 LMG, you can put PPSH on 6 Cons if you want.
And due to CP change, you can place 6x PPSH by the time Ost has a single LMG or G43.

2, 4 or 6 ppsh on single squad? And if you replace lost mens, you must buy new ppsh?

G43 is for me better then LMG.
11 Dec 2013, 12:49 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

So does anyone know more ninja changes?

The default chat option is now "All" instead of team (thank god).
Oh, G43s are still 2 CP. With the new, faster CP gain it that they are actually more like 1 CP. Not really a ninja change, but it wasn't explicitly mentioned in the patch notes.

MG42s actually feel somewhat useful again and buildings are (fucking finally) less strong. Rifle nades can really mess up garrisoned squads now.
The T-70 is not the terror that it once was to retreating squads, I'm also happy to report.
I'm very happy about this update overall and I think it's going to make this weekend's SNF much, much better as a result.

EDIT: Post #666 aww ye
11 Dec 2013, 12:51 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2013, 12:36 PMAradan

2, 4 or 6 ppsh on single squad? And if you replace lost mens, you must buy new ppsh?

G43 is for me better then LMG.

2x PPSH on squad, exactly same as before.
You only upgrade once, exactly same as before.
Cons do not drop PPSH, exactly same as before.
The PPSH moves to next man in unit when carrier dies, exactly same as before.

I dont undesrstand why you ask this.
None of that has changed, its exactly same as before.

What has changed is:
PPSH costs only 10 Muni now
PPSH is earlier, its at the same as CP1 before.
PPSH DPS was reduced from wrong Single player stats, to right Multiplayer stats.

Basically it means you can start pumping PPSHs onto spammed Cons almost from start, everytime how have 10 Muni. Whereas Ost wil still have to wait to accumalate 60 Muni for a SINGLE squad to have LMG/G43, against potentially up to 6xPPSHs at tha point.

I agree G43 is better than LMG, because you have MUCH better constant DPS while moving.
G43 is now also earlier, its 1CP, like new PPSH, but it still costs 60 Muni (like LMG).
11 Dec 2013, 12:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2013, 12:51 PMNullist

2x PPSH on squad, exactly same as before.
You only upgrade once, exactly same as before.
Cons do not drop PPSH, exactly same as before.
The PPSH moves to next man in unit when carrier dies, exactly same as before.

I dont undesrstand why you ask this.
None of that has changed, its exactly same as before.

What has changed is:
PPSH costs only 10 Muni now
PPSH is earlier, its at the same as CP1 before.
PPSH DPS was reduced from wrong Single player stats, to right Multiplayer stats.

I agree G43 is better than LMG, because you have MUCH better constant DPS while moving.
G43 is now also earlier, its 1CP, like new PPSH, but it still costs 60 Muni (like LMG).

Thank, before i dont understand, why you compare 6 ppsh with LMG42.
11 Dec 2013, 12:59 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2013, 12:57 PMAradan

Thank, before i dont understand, why you compare 6 ppsh with LMG42.

Np.

Basically it means your entire Con force can have PPSHs very long before Ost can have even a single LMG/G43 on one Gren.
11 Dec 2013, 13:04 PM
Patrion 14

Not played semoisky yet, but think there is a problem when one faction can build a bunker, upgrade and then "forget" about his fuel, atleast for while. Soviet cant build bunkers and their fuel will be alot more harassable. Also, putting up an MG there just to defend seems kind of expensive as well. Even if the mg upgrade is 60 muni for OH.

Really enjoyed the first CoH2 version of semoisky actually. There was usually more or less fighting all over the map, maybe not as much on the southern part perhaps. Hope I can learn to like this one as well. Also, think its actually good that there is a diffrence between summer and wintermaps. Just sad that on summer maps (moscow, semoisky) fuel seems to be easier to hold on to and less harassable.
Hux
11 Dec 2013, 13:13 PM
Patrion 14

what does new moving vehicle penalty mean to flame HTs chewing up retreating squads? has that been altered as a result?
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS