Login

russian armor

Patch Notes Discussion (Dec. 10th)

PAGES (12)down
11 Dec 2013, 00:43 AM

Updates for December 10th, 2013

Updates

Improved Invite UI – game invites now appear next to players’ faceplates in the Front End in addition to in the usual Steam overlay notifications. These invites allow you to instantly accept and join a game without having to open the Steam overlay.
Improved unit responsiveness to player commands as squads will no longer wait for a transition animation to finish before carrying out a new command
Added a “Confirm Email” field to the Email Registration when new users boot up game to help prevent people from accidently entering in an incorrect email address.
Improved Replay Functionality – ability to display the resources of all players at once, additional stats (damage/units killed/units lost) display in player list
Chat Improvements
Players can now send game invites from any channel, not just LFG.
Added new chat groups:
Looking for Annihilation
Theater of War
Mods and World Builder
Players can now Favorite official channels
Various Bug Fixes Including:
German Opel Blitz Truck “Disable Lockdown” works again.
German Ambush camouflage ability now applies properly to reinforcements in cover.
The Russian Victory & Defeat Speech lines can now be heard when the locale is set to Russia.
Faceplates are now updated if the user purchases them by entering the store from the game. No longer need to restart client to see new faceplates.
Addressed an issue preventing the cancelling of unbuilt mines – mine construction can now be cancelled.

Mod and Map Making Updates

-Dev mode enabled:
​When a user turns on -dev mode (by adding -dev to the launch options), they get access to the in game SCAR console (Alt+Shift+`) and a number of additional Lua functions. They can use these Lua functions to:
Cheat.
Debug their custom scenarios.
Create art (e.g. fullscreen screenshots without the HUD (Taskbar_SetVisibility)).
When -dev mode is turned on, players cannot automatch or earn progress, but they can play custom games against other players who have also have -dev mode turned on.
Closed a LUA exploit to increase in-game security against potential cheat hacks and exploits.
World Builder Updates:
Updated the orientation of the _mm_low.tga to be consistent with the _mm.tga and _mm_preview.tga (it is no longer flipped vertically). Any user generated maps should be updated to reflect this change.
Fixed a bug that prevented the export feature of the World Builder from working for users who had non-ascii characters in their user directory.
Steam Workshop Integration
Allows the sharing of custom player created maps easily from within the game itself
Steam Workshop featured in the main menu
Currently limited to sharing maps

Free Content

Multiplayer Maps:
Hill 331 (6-8 players)
Don River (2-4 players)
Official Leaderboards – Select “Leaderboards” from Game Setup to go to new leaderboards site.
Mud Tech – included in new Theater of War missions and on map Hill 331

Premium Content

Southern Fronts Theater of War Pack
Spring Rasputitia – Challenge
Occupation - Challenge
Retreat to the Donets – AI Battle (Soviet)
Panzer Crossing – AI Battle (Soviet)
No Retreat, No Surrender – AI Battle (Soviet)
Breaking Lines – AI Battle (Soviet)
Storming the Donets – AI Battle (German)
Heavy Rain – AI Battle (German)
General Mud – AI Battle (German)
Kharkov Divide – AI Battle (German)

AI Improvements

AI will no longer attack destroyed HQs or invisible targets.
AI on easy and normal difficulty should clump their units together less.
AI will no longer try to get a damage vehicle repaired by a squad inside a vehicle.

Command Point System Overhaul

Command Points are now earned at twice the rate as before
Commander abilities have had their Command Point requirement doubled

The net effect is that the timing of unlocking Commander abilities should be mostly the same, and players should not expect to see much change from before.

Overall the command point changes are intended to give more variety in when things are available. We previously worked within a 7 point range and have increased that to a 16 point range to allow us more control over this sort of timing. The main driving force behind the change was allowing some units to come out earlier without having them be available immediately at the start of the game, specifically some of the new units. There were some other abilities that also tend to come later than we felt best, but where moving them a whole point sooner would have had to large of an effect on the game’s flow. Examples of this are the weaker tank call ins and economic abilities.

Additionally, we broke up later game abilities a bit more to add variety in when they come out and distinguish them from each other. In general, unit Call-Ins are available sooner than global abilities and upgrades as these are more often gated by resource cost.

Balance

Commander Trees

Soviet Industry
No longer decreases the build times of Soviet buildings
Soviet Repair Station
Building health reduced from 600HP to 300HP
Tiger Ace
CP increased to 16
Income penalty now only last 10 minutes

General Gameplay

Ambient Buildings
Building Cover bonus reduced from 50% reduce damage + 50% reduce accuracy to 35% reduce damage + 35% reduce accuracy
Moving Penalty
Moving vehicles now receive a 2x scatter penalty in addition to the 0.5 accuracy penalty

Germans

German Pak 40 AT Gun
Cost reduced from 360 to 320
German MG42 HMG
Suppression value increased by 10%

Soviets

Soviet Sandbag
Build time reduced from 120 seconds to 80 seconds
Soviet Maxim
Rotation Speed Reduced from 225 degree/sec to 180 degree/sec
Soviet Dshk 38 Sokolov
Damage reduced from 16 to 12
Soviet Z-iS AT Gun
Cost reduced from 360MP to 320 MP

11 Dec 2013, 01:39 AM

Since they retuned the accuracy against units in buildings, that does mean that Snipers are now more accurate against units in buildings.

Glad that there's no new commanders, but to be brutally honest, had they released new commanders there would have been a riot.

They don't list the specific CP changes when they are different from the blanket 2X CP change though.
11 Dec 2013, 01:50 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Afaik that's not true, snipers fire against buildings is not affected by the changes to buildings :) (I think Peter told me so)
11 Dec 2013, 01:50 AM

Great great patch, but still I find Elite Troops and Soviet Industry changes insufficient.

Anyway, this patch is a good step in the right direction.
Also, for the first time, I'll buy the DLC just because the price is reasonable and it adds only singleplayer content.
11 Dec 2013, 02:29 AM

Afaik that's not true, snipers fire against buildings is not affected by the changes to buildings :) (I think Peter told me so)

That's funny, because he said the exact opposite during the new patch livestream on twitch.
11 Dec 2013, 02:55 AM
Patrion 26

After patch I got the feeling everything drop like flies....
11 Dec 2013, 03:13 AM

does anyone notice mortars seem to drop in slomo?
11 Dec 2013, 03:18 AM
Donator 11

one wierd thing that happennd this patch to me was my AT gun sniped both snipers in the soviet sniper team with just 2 shots... never happend before.
11 Dec 2013, 03:21 AM

Soviet Industry, Tiger Ace, Troop Training are still broken abilities that haven't been fixed well.

Altho i like other changes, especially the cost reductions to paks and buildings been nerfed
11 Dec 2013, 03:44 AM
Patrion 27

Something I was really hoping for was a ghost change: they moved the theater of war loadouts to the bottom of the list so now your top choice starts with MP loadouts. Very nice.
11 Dec 2013, 03:47 AM

PETER IS WRONG!!! german sniper now has .6 accuracy vs garrison. soviet has .65. pre patch was .4. thats not all that got ninja'd..
11 Dec 2013, 03:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2013, 03:47 AMwooof

PETER IS WRONG!!! german sniper now has .6 accuracy vs garrison. soviet has .65. pre patch was .4. thats not all that got ninja'd..

really? What other phantom changes?
11 Dec 2013, 05:15 AM

uhhh sins when are ppsh 10 ammo? wasnt it always 20? alos the way the guys sai that al new conscripots wil have ppsh but when i get a new one i still need to upgrade it:P but it seems they have sum new tings to say when you get upgrades
11 Dec 2013, 05:18 AM

Permanently Banned
PPSHs now come 2cp sooner and cost 10 muni.
Guards and Shocks are now 1 cp sooner.

Fun patch for Soviets!
11 Dec 2013, 06:01 AM

ppsh got nerfed as well though
11 Dec 2013, 06:02 AM

Guards are fine, same with the ppsh comming out this early,but shocks should be 2 command points.
11 Dec 2013, 07:53 AM

Guards are fine, same with the ppsh comming out this early,but shocks should be 2 command points.

I don`t think so as i feel Shocks is Soviets early counter for MG42`s, especially now that MG`s are buffet a bit.

Anyways, all in all a great patch! Think i actually gonna buy this DLC just to show my support (and to get some lightning storm co-op action) :)
11 Dec 2013, 08:16 AM

Some good changes in this patch, but Soviet Industry still needs a huge nerf.
11 Dec 2013, 08:29 AM
Patrion 14

how was the ppsh nerfed?
11 Dec 2013, 08:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2013, 08:29 AMLe Wish
how was the ppsh nerfed?

cons used to use the singleplayer version, now they use the multiplayer version (the one shocks have used this whole time). the old one was much stronger and way underpriced.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS