Login

russian armor

"One-shot-wipe-potential"

13 Jan 2014, 07:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2014, 23:07 PMEsky
I used to be in that bandcamp, no longer....I lost a pio squad to this first shot from a us mortar while capping, lost 2 gren squads on retreat to a bren in bren, then the old fav, I lost two more full gren squads to 1sec arty while I noticed a bit of coh2's notorious "input lag" everyone forgets coh1 has, and for the lulz the US player started his build with ...

The thing is in vCoH the german faction is indeed likely to suffer squad wipes (nuclear pineapple grenades anyone?),

BUT

there are (controversial) game play mechanics in place to compensate for that.

Like purchasable vet and medic bunkers. The whole medic bunkers shenanigans actually mean that small squad sizes can be beneficial for once.
Even the PE (horrible faction) compensates for squad losses somewhat thanks to the shared vet system (equaly horrible).
I flat out refuse to acknowledge any comments regarding the british faction. :S

COH2 lacks those mechanics.
My guess is we'll see the medics return as a DLC commander. At least for one faction (for just $ 4.99).
13 Jan 2014, 07:44 AM

WP. Theres a reason why Artillery is not mentioned on the first post.

I could "easily" counter saying the same happens with the Katys.
PD: they can also use Precision strike if you need to get rid of something.

OK, i dont translate first topic well. I think he want list all one shot wipe units on both sides. Sorry
13 Jan 2014, 11:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2014, 00:25 AMStoffa

1. We all know you play only Soviets.
2. You know that "weeee weeee weee"-sound u hear before u lose your shocksquad? Thats an indictation you should move away. It's called "reaction time" mon ami.
Your such a german fan boy troll. Same thing happens to soviets. Its called RNG. I rage at it, and you rage at it. No need to make a thread about it.
13 Jan 2014, 11:49 AM

Your such a german fan boy troll. Same thing happens to soviets. Its called RNG. I rage at it, and you rage at it. No need to make a thread about it.

Sigh, please leave this topic. Thanks.
13 Jan 2014, 12:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2014, 23:07 PMEsky
You know, I went back to coh1 this weekend, and after a few decent 1v1s I suffered a nice RNG attack full of OSW's and cheesy play in 2v2, then I hear about how COH1 is the superior race.

I used to be in that bandcamp, no longer....I lost a pio squad to this first shot from a us mortar while capping, lost 2 gren squads on retreat to a bren in bren, then the old fav, I lost two more full gren squads to 1sec arty while I noticed a bit of coh2's notorious "input lag" everyone forgets coh1 has, and for the lulz the US player started his build with 6 jeeps and harassed everything then got raid, and even killed my mates PE ACs with them while he backteched to wsc and made 5 snipers, and this wasn't some tard game, this was with 4 high level players, com'on...

I now respect coh2 even more. MVGame

to think that the statement that "coh1 is the better game" also meant the OF factions is just stupid

there's a reason why they say 'V-COH' (TAKE NOTE IN THE VANILLA PART, VANILLA DOESN'T INCLUDE ANY EXPANSIONS)

because it is widely accepted that the brit faction in COH1 is the shittest thing since dogshit

look at COH1's WM and US factions, are they better than coh2?
yes
17 Jan 2014, 20:03 PM

Dislike how the OP has completely ignored the OSWP potential of the German's. You cannot brush this off with "well, this unit is hardly used in one vs ones therefor it's fine". This is a game mechanic and should effect both sides similarly. The list should read like this.

- Mines (ability)
- Democharge (ability)
- Precisionstrike's (ability)
- Strafe's (commander ability)
- Bombing runs & artillery (commander ability)
- Grenades and Rifle Grenades (ability)
- IS2 & Tiger Ace (unit)
- ISU-152 & Bummerdar (unit)
- Rocket launchers (unit)

With that being said I'm unsure what can be done to change this mechanic. Perhaps the chances of the OSWP can be reduced, but, I do not think it should be removed completely. When you have a large bomb being dropped directly on your head no one should survive. It would just feel fake to do so otherwise.
18 Jan 2014, 05:30 AM

apart from the tanks, ISU and brumbar, all those used to be in vcoh, there's nothing to fix. THEY ALL 1 SHOT SQUADS. either you get out of the way, especially artillery and bombing runs from commander's ability or constantly move and let the opponent guess and miss their artillery strikes.

as far as tanks are concerned, AOE is the main thing that kills infantry, no longer accuracy of the gun like it was back in vcoh. so its difficult to make things consistent. sometimes it takes 6-7 shots to kill a model, sometimes a single shot wipes the entire squad. it is very rng based.

so to fix this,

1) either cap the maximum damage so squads dont get wiped in 1 shot

2) or make tanks shoot with less scatter(more accurate), slightly reduce AOE(so they dont always hit multiple models) but make AOE weak but does definite damage.

so means any model taking the AOE right in the face however, does full damage, those that get caught in the outer rings of the AOE takes 20damage and takes about a couple shots before there's a chance for a squad wipe.
23 Apr 2014, 18:32 PM

Don't wanna be the necro here, but when will this ridicoulus mechanic be resolved?
23 Apr 2014, 18:56 PM

Tommorow it looks like. Other than just bad bad badddd RNG.
23 Apr 2014, 19:20 PM

Not really, rifle nades are remaining the same.

Just sayin
23 Apr 2014, 19:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2014, 19:20 PMNapalm
Not really, rifle nades are remaining the same.

Just sayin

But weapon crews don't take 25% damage more anymore, which means it will be as effective as it is against cons.

That change also indirectly nerfs precision strike.
23 Apr 2014, 20:37 PM

It's just that playing CoH2 is often so frustrating. I played a CoH a lot, and a after a lost battle you just thought "well, I should have meda this or that better". I'm playing the Wargame series very frequently, and even a game that is beeing lost can just be sooo much fun. Defending against an enemy assault with inferior numbers in Total Destruction or launching a desperate attack to turn the tides that is crushed by a counter offensive is still very enjoyable, while after losing a game of CoH2 it often (not always) just fells like it was the game that beat you with all the heavy RNG... (side note: I am not against RNG, but the effects in CoH2 are just stupid... one of the many exapmles is ram: against a Tiger it's a coinflip if you waste a tank or effectivly destroy a heavy tank by disabling gun & engine... these coinflips should not affect the game in the way & extent they do)
Maybe the best is to let CoH2 rest for a few months and see if it turns out well...
23 Apr 2014, 22:02 PM

It's just that playing CoH2 is often so frustrating.
(...) while after losing a game of CoH2 it often (not always) just fells like it was the game that beat you with all the heavy RNG... (side note: I am not against RNG, but the effects in CoH2 are just stupid)

+1, the RNG has a too high impact on the game / enjoyment imo.
23 Apr 2014, 23:31 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Indeed this issue of one shot, one wipe ability needs to be addressed so that the potential is the same for both sides.
23 Apr 2014, 23:37 PM

IS2 damage is being decreased by 80 damage, meaning one shotting should be less frequent, but i am assuming AoE is the same. (scatter increase as well)

As for the ISU-152, it looks the same.

One shotting also has a counterpart: eating squads alive with high dps, frequent shots. But that only affects infantry as it is only made by infantry.
24 Apr 2014, 03:38 AM

IS2 damage is being decreased by 80 damage, meaning one shotting should be less frequent, but i am assuming AoE is the same. (scatter increase as well)

As for the ISU-152, it looks the same.

One shotting also has a counterpart: eating squads alive with high dps, frequent shots. But that only affects infantry as it is only made by infantry.

Infantry all have 80hp or less in this game.
24 Apr 2014, 03:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2014, 03:38 AMlink0

Infantry all have 80hp or less in this game.

Distance scatter max from 2.86 to 5.7

And each shot does 160 damage now. It will be better than before, still somewhat of a higher chance (than before) of surviving an IS-2 shell. Better than nothing, and an IS-2 still has to be known for good AI.

Isn't 80 hp per model? German and soviet snipers have about 40 hp per model. Current/old IS2: 240 damage shell + 4 man (40-80 hp each man) German squad = near wipe every time. If the squad decides to huddle, then the entire squad gets blown to bits. Squad wipes should be rare, and 2-3 models killed should become the new average, as opposed to 3-4. That still is a lot, but it should be enough for the squad to retreat with something left. The general idea is that no infantry should stick around the IS-2, and heavy AT components are necessary to kill it.

1/3rd faster reload is a pretty big buff imo, so on the battlefield, the IS-2 repels infantry even better, as well being able to combat tanks even better than before. Sounds fun for the Soviets, not so fun for the Germans.

This patch seems to have seen some cost efficiency for the Soviets.
24 Apr 2014, 05:39 AM

Yes, but it does not happen from one instant to the other and the high number of "events" makes this quite predictable, and due to the short range you can avoid it just like the satchel of the penals that can also one-shot your squad but can be dodged with attention and/or micro. A single random 120mm, KV-2 etc. shell (even an unlucky single Katyusha rocket) can take out your squad in case the RNG is against you, no matter how much you pay attention or what you do.
24 Apr 2014, 05:53 AM

Yes, but it does not happen from one instant to the other and the high number of "events" makes this quite predictable, and due to the short range you can avoid it just like the satchel of the penals that can also one-shot your squad but can be dodged with attention and/or micro. A single random 120mm, KV-2 etc. shell (even an unlucky single Katyusha rocket) can take out your squad in case the RNG is against you, no matter how much you pay attention or what you do.

It is mainly because infantry models tend to be inside each other when doing normal things like retreating, shooting, hiding in cover, etc. Giving infantry a more profound set distance to be spaced would fix some of that. I was healing my Tiger, and one katyusha rocket killed all four models of my pioneer squad because all 4 of them decided to repair in a space the size of two models standing shoulder to shoulder. Most one shot kills are made because of too close spacing of a squad. I target those squads over anything anything else , and there is nothing that the player can do about it. I understand that your main problem is squads being one shotted without the player being able to do anything about it. I am assuming excluding mines.
24 Apr 2014, 06:49 AM

From the recent patch notes:

"AOE Profiles

Very similar to the changes made to grenade AOE profiles. Long and mid-range AOE no longer has a chance to miss its target, the weapon profile damage has been averaged out to compensate. Slight adjustments to AOE radius or distance values were made on a number of vehicles to better align them with their intended performance."

Does this mean even more/less one shot wipes or does this probably have no effect?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★