Predictions for announcement from Noun during SNF

Hux
8 Dec 2013, 21:05 PM
Patrion 14

8 Dec 2013, 22:31 PM

Twerk?

At least it might then be sexy...
8 Dec 2013, 22:47 PM

lol, I've been banned from making coments on the coh2 facebook page. I guess only positive comments and reviews are acceptable. Fucking assholes.
8 Dec 2013, 23:18 PM

...Fucking assholes.

Not sure any company would like that kind of lexicon in their facebook page, either.

I wasn't impressed by the changes. If I recall correctly, mud WAS going to be in the initial game, but they discarded it as bad for gameplay. The fact that they are bringing it back makes me uneasy.

At this point, it's fair to say that they are not looking to "fix" the game, their policy seems to be "the game is fine, what we need is to add to the game". Be it through commanders or through mud, or through units that make no sense whatsoever (A unit that stops resource gathering. Really?) and then changing them back to make half sense.

Not even sure why I still have it installed :(
8 Dec 2013, 23:19 PM

I'll post the balance changes that were stated here:

Industry commander: No longer increases building build time.

Repair station: 600hp to 300hp

Tiger Ace: now moved to 8cp, income comes back after 10 min.

Building cover: 50% reduced damage and accuracy to 35%

Vehicle Scatter: 2x while moving in addition to the already existing -0.5 accuracy.

Both factions AT guns: 360 to 320

Mg42: Suppression increase 10%

Soviet sandbags: 120sec build time to 80sec

Maxim Rotation reduction: 220 degree arc per second to 180 degree arc per second.

DShK Heavy Machine Gun: 16 damage to 12

8 Dec 2013, 23:34 PM

Permanently Banned
Omega, thanks for those.
8 Dec 2013, 23:40 PM

At this point, it's fair to say that they are not looking to "fix" the game, their policy seems to be "the game is fine, what we need is to add to the game". Be it through commanders or through mud, or through units that make no sense whatsoever (A unit that stops resource gathering. Really?) and then changing them back to make half sense.

Not even sure why I still have it installed :(

Yeah, the game right now is garbage.

It was promising a few months ago, but these last patches had ruined the game, and Relic doesn't seem in the mood to change it back.
8 Dec 2013, 23:40 PM

So let me get this straight...even though there is an almost unanimous agreement that deep snow is bad (at least in every way it has been used in the existing maps) they are now going to introduce something almost identical that isn't restricted to just winter maps? GG Relic, GG :lol:
9 Dec 2013, 00:32 AM
Donator 11

9 Dec 2013, 01:03 AM

Permanently Banned
So let me get this straight...even though there is an almost unanimous agreement that deep snow is bad (at least in every way it has been used in the existing maps) they are now going to introduce something almost identical that isn't restricted to just winter maps? GG Relic, GG :lol:

No one is complaining about deep snow. Along with ice, it is an excellent mechanic. The main complaint about winter maps is blizzards (freezing mechanic and overly disruptive vision impairment) and lag induced by blizzards on lower end machines.
9 Dec 2013, 01:20 AM
Benefactor 115

deep snow is good, when applied sparingly on the map!
9 Dec 2013, 02:06 AM

Swamps? high density grass? what is it man tell me!!!!!
9 Dec 2013, 02:12 AM

They should add in tall grass. :P

The announced changes will work, but it's not taking the game in the direction that we want. The Tiger Ace and Soviet Industry represent a bit of all in styles of commanders that just don't work with CoH at its core and will never be balanced.

There are good changes, but not enough to the big problem areas.

MG42 got a basic suppression increase, we'll see how that plays out with the building changes.

Soviet sandbags: 120sec build time to 80sec

Not sure what the Maxim nerf will do, is it turn rate for the whole gun, or for the firing arc while its set up?

DSHK got its damage drastically reduced, but its suppression stays the same, which was its most useful aspect. At least that means you'll have to use the AP ammo ability.

AT Guns got a nice price decrease, but are still iffy overall.

Also the patches are getting smaller, meaning Sega is no longer approving larger updates to the game and has fully moved Relic over to their next project.

It's unlikely we'll see changes we need, like competitive features for people who want them, or things like keybindings for those why like to play with keyboard configurations.
9 Dec 2013, 02:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2013, 01:03 AMRazh

No one is complaining about deep snow

You must not have been paying attention then. In theory it was a great concept, this was back in the days that they were saying that flame damage and tanks would remove it which turned out to be a sham. Even if it is permanent it could still work if implemented strategically on the maps in a way that it forced players to micro around it or make decisions and therefore raise the skill cap. But this is not the case. The deep snow either covers the majority of the map (Langreskaya) or it just placed in odd locations that have very little traffic.

Eagleheart makes some good maps, but I can bet you anyone else at Relic that made a map would put that shit everywhere just because "its cool". The maps would all play like Pripyat (or worse) for several months until it was either permanently removed from automatch or was heavily modified by someone that actually knows what they are doing.
9 Dec 2013, 07:29 AM

So now Tiger Ace player gets income back after 10 mins???

Why is that supposed to be an improvement to balance?

Now you get to 'go all or nothing'....and if it fails anyway, you can still come back in the game? 10 mins is not an unlikely time it will take to defeat the TA.

And moving it to CP 8 doesn't make a big difference for the games where the TA is used as a 'heck I have nothing to lose now. Might as well pull out this big gun...'

Very odd IMO.
9 Dec 2013, 07:51 AM
Donator 11

If I recall correctly, mud WAS going to be in the initial game, but they discarded it as bad for gameplay.

I remember someone at Relic (possibly QD) stating some time ago, that they were thinking about implementing this kind of feature but they run into some technical issues that they found difficult to overcome so they dropped the idea (apparently not).

I'm not thrilled by this, because heavy snow is the thing I hate the most from cold-tech... I can even live with blizzards but deep snow is making flanking so ridiculously harder, which is totally bad for this game.
9 Dec 2013, 08:47 AM

No new commanders?! That is the best news right there!! :D

building time reduction for industry.. Hmmm not much of a nerf, just means engie will have to be back in base a little earlier. Will not delay any T70.

CP change to tiger ace will slightly help in some 1v1's where the ace is only just called in time where soviet was winning, but gets rolled by Ace. I welcome that change.

Getting income back after 10 mins makes it more useable in team games where it's much easier to take out ace and games are longer. Will actually make holding a point defensively with ace good, holding out for your resources back. In 1v1 with ace on field game will already be won or lost by 10 min.

Scatter reduction: great for infantry and micro on tanks.

ATG cost reduction really nice, bout time.

Sandbag build reduction, awesome!! I already use them in most games, this will allow throwing them up on edge of cap zone while you grab initial points. I set them up so enemy cannot gain cover ( in my direction) and cap at same time.

MG42 suppression buff, that's good. Though in large team games I can feel the desire to always open with flamer M3s as Germans already only seem to open with MG spam. (Not an issue, just comment).

I don't fully understand the building modifiers, that sounds like giving extra protection, but that can't be right? Surley it's a building nerf?
9 Dec 2013, 08:58 AM
Donator 22

I like the part with tiger ace incoming back....wtf?!

@MrJafooli

I'm pretty sure there are upcoming new commanders... christmas = more money = more milking (sry for that)
9 Dec 2013, 09:25 AM

I don't fully understand the building modifiers, that sounds like giving extra protection, but that can't be right? Surley it's a building nerf?

Sorry if I wasn't clear. The old settings gave you a 50% reduced damage and reduced incoming accuracy buff. Now it's been set to 35%.
9 Dec 2013, 09:29 AM

deep snow is good, when applied sparingly on the map!

I would also welcome some more methods to clear the deep snow, such as flamethrowers and medium vehicles.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS