Login

russian armor

How to counter penal spam?

24 Nov 2013, 16:07 PM

Hey guys!

i had a rather annoying match earlier today against an opponent who only build penals early game. I though that i would easily crush and went for a fast t2 (because he was rippin my grenadiers to shreds)

I went for the flamer HT and i did manage to push him of the map for a little while, but as soon as he got AT guns he was chasing me around again. My infantry didn't stand a chance against 2 penals with flametrowers backed up by a AT gun.
24 Nov 2013, 16:54 PM

Penals have no armor and die to small arms fire just as easily as conscripts. Lmgs or G43s therefore are very cost effective.

Since your opponent has no conscripts to reinforce his penals cheaply, the manpower drain is noticeable.

Mgs also work better against them because penals are more expensive and in fewer numbers on the field. Or in other words: Mgs only have to force the retreat to ~3 penal squads instead of 5 molotow wielding conscripts for example.

Your flamer HT should not have a problem against a single AT gun. Basically without the threat of AT nades you can drive up front, get shot once and circle it until it dies.

The one thing that is slightly annoying against penals is the fact that you have to watch out for satchel charges all the time. The 1-2 sec input delay makes quick reactions mandatory.
26 Nov 2013, 16:04 PM

I have been playing a strat with 2 penals, 2 cons and guards.

LMG is quite good against them.
26 Nov 2013, 16:17 PM

Early scout car is also good vs them. Often you are forced to send more than 1 squad to counter stuff like a vet 2 penal or a shock, but a scout car can return fast after chasing them away and is a very efficient counter if you are allowed to use it on unsupported single penals/shocks.
26 Nov 2013, 16:47 PM

dont go for lmg i play penals all the time and i laught at lmgs. the best hardest counter kill them all is the g40something upgrade but its doctrinal.

if you have to go for lmg you must position your greens so the penals have no access to cover.
4 Dec 2013, 12:10 PM

LMG doesn't work too well against Penals, but the g43 fucks them :)

So you probably should build rather more mgs and less grens as the people above already posted and go for g43 once you have 2 cp.
4 Dec 2013, 23:20 PM

My penals drop like flies to LMGs. Scout cars absolutely wreck them as well.....come to think of it almost everything kills penals en masse (except maybe 4 guys with K98s).
13 Dec 2013, 01:10 AM

I dont know, penals actually do a reasonable bit of damage against SC or HT, so they can easily keep them at bay when in cover.

MGs are good, but youd better be careful not to let them flank with satchel.
14 Dec 2013, 15:10 PM

thanks for the replys pgrens seems to do the job for me.

however another thing i have discovered playing today, was 2 squads of shcok troops defeating my 2 upgunned scout cars with no help at all. this seems a bit broken 9mm bullets penetrate armour?
14 Dec 2013, 16:11 PM

Sorry for the spam, but i just finished a game, where my vet 3 upgunned scout car went against a vet 0 shock squad, and the shocks took away about 3/4 off of the health of the scout car. hadn't it been for my long range vet 3 grens with g43 and riffle nades i think that shcock squad would have killed my vet 3 scout car.
14 Dec 2013, 17:40 PM

automatic rifles do quite the damage to light cars i often destroy clown cars with agrens or pgrens so i guess it's right
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 50
Germany 771
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak