Option Distribution Votes
55%
45%
Total votes: 33
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
30 Nov 2023, 17:33 PM

Hi good Sir’s,

Been a while but I’ve been lurking 👀.

I was super hyped when I saw coh3 coming out but when I watched some Youtube vids - in the beginning they were all so negative - I figured to not buy it - yet.

Okay, a few months passed and I see some improvements here and there. The graphics seem to get more interesting for me.
The videos and mood in those review videos also seem to be slightly better but I am interested in your opinion:

Do you recommend it?
Is it worth spending some time and money?
If not, why?
30 Nov 2023, 18:16 PM

That depends on what mode you play. And will it bother you that 20% of the game is still unfinished and buggy.

1) Single Player Campaign: This mode has been panned by most people. But many still enjoy it if they dont get soft locked and cant finish it.

2) Single Player Skirmish: This mode is great and you can really enjoy this just like the older games.

3) Multiplayer 1v1: This mode seems pretty good. Most 1v1 players have moved to Coh3.

4) Multiplayer 2v2 and up: Coh3 is not as dynamic and exciting as Coh2. This is due to many mechanics and sound changes. There are also only a few maps to play. So this mode gets boring very fast to a lot of players.

UPDATES:
You should wait until Dec 5th when the next patch comes out. There are some things being addressed and it will bring Coh3 a little closer to feeling like a completed game. But the game was on sale in a few places this week so you will have to be the judge.
30 Nov 2023, 18:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2023, 18:16 PMRosbone
That depends on what mode you play. And will it bother you that 20% of the game is still unfinished and buggy.

1) Single Player Campaign: This mode has been panned by most people. But many still enjoy it if they dont get soft locked and cant finish it.

2) Single Player Skirmish: This mode is great and you can really enjoy this just like the older games.

3) Multiplayer 1v1: This mode seems pretty good. Most 1v1 players have moved to Coh3.

4) Multiplayer 2v2 and up: Coh3 is not as dynamic and exciting as Coh2. This is due to many mechanics and sound changes. There are also only a few maps to play. So this mode gets boring very fast to a lot of players.

UPDATES:
You should wait until Dec 5th when the next patch comes out. There are some things being addressed and it will bring Coh3 a little closer to feeling like a completed game. But the game was on sale in a few places this week so you will have to be the judge.

Rosbone,
Thanks for taking the time to give your two cents.
I'm thinking of skirmishing against AI as I don't really want to stress vs players.

How are the AI's doing? Interesting or super easy to beat?
30 Nov 2023, 19:50 PM

How are the AI's doing? Interesting or super easy to beat?

Once again, that changes depending on what you want out of the games.

The AI is both better and much worse than in Coh2.

YOUR AI:
- Never takes points, you have to do all the heavy lifting.
- Still tends to drive vehicles up your vehicles butts and block them (like Coh2).

ENEMY AI:
- Always takes points.
- Drives vehicles into dumb places and parks in front of your AT guns.
- No Fog of War and moves to wherever you tell your units to go (like Coh2).
- Knows where your camera is pointed and attacks as soon as you look away.

BOTH AI:
- Do not A-move. They just walk right past each other not attacking on occasion.

MY OPINION
With some of those dumb things pointed out, you can still get great games. You will just get immersion breaking things popup once in a while.

You can get sweaty micro-intensive fights on large maps. And you can get longer high duration intense fights with more closed off/narrow maps.

In my opinion, sometimes the dumber AI makes better games. I always had amazing long battles in vCoh, but had slightly less fun in Coh2. Coh3 is more like vCoh where the AI is not as good but it makes for funner games. Just immersion breaking once in a while.

To me, the comp stomp scene is where Coh3 has the most value right now.
1 Dec 2023, 01:10 AM

"Not Yet" would have been my answer if it was there.
2 Dec 2023, 09:10 AM

It absolutely is. 4 factions with a ton of units and abilities. By far, its the best COH ever made. Of course, a lot is missing. But Relic is working damn hard to deliver them as fast as possible. COH2 is crap in comparrison: bad balance and less unit/build choices.
4 Dec 2023, 03:47 AM

From the recent Relic stream, it looks like there are no kill counts present on the UI yet. So that means I have to change my vote to 100% "No it is not ready for purchase yet".

But the patch is not here yet so ... maybe
4 Dec 2023, 15:57 PM

From the recent Relic stream, it looks like there are no kill counts present on the UI yet. So that means I have to change my vote to 100% "No it is not ready for purchase yet".

But the patch is not here yet so ... maybe

There is a kill counter, when you hover over an veterancy bar it'll pop up.
4 Dec 2023, 18:00 PM

There is a kill counter, when you hover over an veterancy bar it'll pop up.

Yes there is. That is unacceptable. Anyone who has ever watched a Twitch Stream would know that is not a valid option. You ask a streamer to stop playing every 5 seconds to hover over the kill counter.

It is just another thing that shows, Relic does not play their own game. Nor do they watch streams. Even with the addition of community members they still seem to be out of touch of the player base.

But I am premature, the kill counter may appear. It seems like there will be one for replays to some extent. But There are only a couple days left to voice our concerns so... FIX THAT SH%$&$^%$ YOU SMELLY A$$^$%^#$!!!!!

See you on the other side.
4 Dec 2023, 18:36 PM

Fair enough, i can't argue that really. Although i think atm its prolly a low priority for relic to fix since there are more pressing issues to contend with.
4 Dec 2023, 19:06 PM

Fair enough, i can't argue that really. Although i think atm its prolly a low priority for relic to fix since there are more pressing issues to contend with.

I had a very short list of things that would make me call Coh3 a playable game. Kill counter is about the only minor thing left.

1) MINOR: Specular/Environment mapped reflections needs work. But I can live without it. Every texture looks like chalk and the only light reflections are from the sun/moon object. Lacks realism.

2) MAJOR: Sound needs a ton of work. This could be a reason so many players have left Coh3. No feedback during the game.

3) MINOR: The menus lack a cohesive vision. That looks 10x better in the Dec 5th patch.

4) MINOR: The strategic point graphics are complete trash. Worse than Alpha test state. These are getting touched up in Dec 5th patch. However, having RED icons for fuel is unacceptable. Who is the moron who decided this??? Trying to do something different for the sake of being different. vCoh uses the correct WHITE icons. Coh2s icons sucked major ass but they were small so they were at least easy to ignore.

5) MINOR: Replays. Dec 5th adds replays. Observer mode is also needed. Not sure if that is in the patch? I was not upset about missing replays except that they were already there and a 3rd party could make them work but Relic couldn't?

So I give Relic credit. This patch is finally something for casuals to get excited about. This stuff should have all been done before meaningless balance patches that only affect a 100 - 200 players. The bulk of their money comes from casuals.

I have said this before, as a casual player and a Twitch viewer I want to know:
- Who is playing
- Their ranks
- Their colors
- Their spawn position
- Commander pick
- How many kills do their units have

Relic failed on every thing. And we were told all this stuff would be taken care of. It was not. None of it was. Typical Relic. Grandiose ideas but nothing gets done. John Carmack said something like "Any person can design a good game, but they cant execute it. The game is only as good as your execution.".

This is Relics main issue. They cant execute for whatever reason. This is why I keep saying I think David Phan being in charge may be the catalyst for good things to come. He seems intelligent and devoted to getting the game right. But I am a moron so.... there is that.

4 Dec 2023, 19:13 PM

I have a very short list of things that would make me call Coh3 a playable game:

REMAKE ATTRITION MODE!

It's hardly compatible with CoH 2 any more after all the updates. That would be a fucking DEALBREAKER if they re-made it for CoH 3.
4 Dec 2023, 19:28 PM
Benefactor 115

It's worth it if you can get it for half price imo
5 Dec 2023, 22:50 PM

The Dec 5th patch really makes the game feel like a true experience. It is almost at a true release state. Not there yet, but a huge improvement for the player experience.

CASUAL PLAYER STUFF THAT STILL NEEDS DONE BEFORE RELEASE (Feb 2024?)
1) No visible kill counts.
2) You cant have RED muni point icons, you just cant. All should be white (duh). Relic knows this, the minimap icons are white. So why the %&$^ are they not white in game. C'mon people work with me here. Use that lump 3 feet above your @$$.
3) AI is still useless. Never takes points ever. Never A-moves.
4) Pathing still sucks. This is an ongoing battle. Tell a vehicle to move forward 3 meters it drives in a 50 meter circle?
5) Game does not remember your Skirmish setup. After a skirmish, the game exits to the main menu instead of back to the skirmish menu. Have fun resetting up your game if you forgot something. You get to do the whole thing over. Enjoy. It also cant decide what armies should be what if you play any position besides slot 1.

8 Dec 2023, 03:55 AM

Do it if you enjoy coh1 :banana:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight