Login

russian armor

Time for a Coh 2 remaster

5 May 2023, 12:52 PM

But then again, what's the matter, these are the Soviets, the Soviets are scum, you can make games and films about them with such a plot, this is normal. But just dare to say or do something to the US Army - I'll see you in court. Something I have not seen in the first and third parts of the game.

Just curious Crecer, have you ever seen Armando Iannucci's The Death of Stalin? If so i'd love to know what you thought of it. I think its banned in Russia, though.
5 May 2023, 13:44 PM

Just curious Crecer, have you ever seen Armando Iannucci's The Death of Stalin? If so i'd love to know what you thought of it. I think its banned in Russia, though.

Did not watch. I've had enough of films like Enemy at the Gates or K-19 that take real stories and names and just lie about them for the sake of their political statements.
5 May 2023, 13:57 PM

Enemy at the Gates is basically a documentary about the invasion of Ukraine at this point.
5 May 2023, 14:08 PM

Did not watch. I've had enough of films like Enemy at the Gates or K-19 that take real stories and names and just lie about them for the sake of their political statements.

Ah fair enough. Let me know if you ever do decide to watch it because I'd still be curious to get your take. Obviously i'm not Russian... but I wouldn't call it 'propaganda' or a political statement. Its just intended to be a comedy and it does a generally good job of representing the huge power vaccum and infighting that took place immediately after Stalin's death. Would love to know what your average Russian thinks about it.
5 May 2023, 14:55 PM

I agree, what's your point?

You should really look up the definition of whataboutism.

That your statement that "Russia is so far the only one..." is simply wrong. Most nation defend the crimes they have committed including US/UK.

On top of that the U.S.S.R does not equal Russia and as for Stalin he was not Russian but Georgian.
5 May 2023, 14:57 PM

I didn't say they didn't defend their actions, I said they don't suppress the accounts and push an "official" sanitized history.

Don't put words in my mouth.
5 May 2023, 15:02 PM

I didn't say they didn't defend their actions, I said they don't suppress the accounts and push an "official" sanitized history.

Ask the US government or 99% of US citizens about the fire bomb attack in Tokyo and the nuclear attacks in Hiroshima and Nagasaki and you you will get "sanitized history" response.

They will simply not accept that those where "war crimes" and "crimes against humanity".

Russia is simply not the only one as you have claimed.
5 May 2023, 15:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2023, 15:02 PMVipper

Ask the US government or 99% of US citizens about the fire bomb attack in Tokyo and the nuclear attacks in Hiroshima and Nagasaki and you you will get "sanitized history" response.

They will simply not accept that those where "war crimes" and "crimes against humanity".

Russia is simply not the only one as you have claimed.

You're trying to quibble over definitions I never once brought up.

Let me just stop you right here Vipper, and spare you the indignity - you aren't capable of having this discussion with me. You've posted here enough that I have something of a measure of what kind of person you are, and you do not have the critical reasoning or straight-up intelligence to have an honest conversation with me. Stick to Company of Heroes, which you have devoted an inordinate amount of your life to.
5 May 2023, 15:28 PM

You're trying to quibble over definitions I never once brought up.

Let me just stop you right here Vipper, and spare you the indignity - you aren't capable of having this discussion with me. You've posted here enough that I have something of a measure of what kind of person you are, and you do not have the critical reasoning or straight-up intelligence to have an honest conversation with me. Stick to Company of Heroes, which you have devoted an inordinate amount of your life to.

Is there a reason why you resorting to ad hominen arguments?

Is it simply because you know that what you wrote is inaccurate?
5 May 2023, 15:41 PM

That wasn't an argument, it was a statement for your own benefit. Nothing I wrote is inaccurate. You're arguing with a strawman.

Again, if you want to go down this road, I'm fine with it, I can be a ridiculous pedant too, it's pretty much what I do for a living.
5 May 2023, 15:53 PM

...You're arguing with a strawman.

It seem so and that straw man is you.

Again, if you want to go down this road, I'm fine with it, I can be a ridiculous pedant too, it's pretty much what I do for a living.

Not only a straw man but also a forum warrior it seems.

I stand by what I said the claim that "Russia is so far the only one (with the possible exception of Japan) that still officially insists on a glorified and sanitized narrative that conveniently glosses over things..." is simply inaccurate since a many countries do the same including US and UK.

They still do it now only the have a new name for it, they call the victims of war crimes "collateral damage".

And NO I am not going to follow down the forum warrior path you have chosen to follow with your ad hominem arguments.
5 May 2023, 15:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2023, 15:53 PMVipper

It seem so and that straw man is you.

Not only a straw man but also a forum warrior it seems.

I stand by what I said the claim that "Russia is so far the only one (with the possible exception of Japan) that still officially insists on a glorified and sanitized narrative that conveniently glosses over things..." is simply inaccurate since a many countries do the same including US and UK

:lolol:

And I stand by all statements, so that leaves us exactly where I said we would be, because, again, you're incapable of having a real, adult conversation.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★