Login

russian armor

Delete Map "Aere Perennius" or include a Map Veto

What are your opinions on the map Aere Perennius?
Option Distribution Votes
5%
0%
0%
19%
76%
Total votes: 21
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
29 Apr 2023, 09:40 AM

What are your opinions on that 2v2 map?

In my opinion it is the worst map in the game due to the following reasons:

- Very restricted paths of attack. It's basicall three "lanes" that you can use.

- Very restriced movement in the relatively narrow streets, leading to pathing issues at times.

- A river in the middle of the map and hills to both sides meaning attacks across the river bed are unappealing.

- Bad retreat pathes. Crossing the river and not sticking to your own "lane" means that your units are going to retreat through the middle VP "lane", meaning that if your opponent holds the middle VP you also shouldn't cross the river north or south if you don't want to sacrifice your units on retreat... further limiting free movement.

In general this map limits the elements that make COH a good game: Maneuver, agressive gameplay and retreat mechanics.
30 Apr 2023, 05:47 AM

It is one of the worst maps in all of CoH, easily up there with the Semoskis or Oka Winters of CoH. The fuel distribution is extremely stupid and easily leads to stopms. Vehicles are useless with the dumb pathfinding, and it's only encouraging either blobbing or hardcore camping (particularly with really dumb high cover positions). The map is basically a show case of everything that's wrong with CoH3.
1 May 2023, 15:57 PM

It's pure cancer. 99.9% of the time it's some mix of arty fest and/ CQC unit blobs. I've never had an enjoyable match on it
1 May 2023, 16:52 PM

There is a workaround veto system by exiting out of the match on the top left before the load screen begins ;)

Keep in mind the current automatch system in CoH3 is supposed to be the "Unranked Mode" so I doubt they are gonna remove maps from its pool. The actual ranked mode with competitive maps is gonna release at a later stage
2 May 2023, 01:18 AM

In my opinion it is the second worst map but the first one is Torrente, the VP placement in Torrente is just so stupid.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 25
Germany 536

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment