Login

russian armor

Massively underrated CoH3 improvement.

15 Jan 2023, 06:35 AM

In 4v4, fuel is not a make or break map feature any more. You feel less railroaded into rushing for the fuel and instead focus on the entirety of the map.

Inversely, in 1v1, the resource points impart much more of their respective resource.

In 4v4, the highest amnunition and fuel point you can capture is +10, with most being +5. In 1v1, however, I have so far seen a maximum of +16, and it seems +10 is the lower number. Though I only played Road to Tunis.

They actually addressed the massive resource inflation complaints of larger gamemodes by equalizing the resources across gamemodes. (Smaller gamemode = more resources per point. Larger = less).

Very nice thing I haven't seen anyone mention yet.
15 Jan 2023, 07:18 AM

Nice work with the catch!

vCoh had the same High, Med, Low resource options. There may even be a couple options in the Coh2 worldbuilder???

It all comes down to the community (or Relic at first) settling on the values maps should use. So we doomed ourselves in Coh2 ages ago when someone decided to make the resources the same as a 1v1. And then no one changed it.

So you make a great point. The community as a whole needs to pick a good standard of resources for each mode. Assuming Relics are not perfect, which they may be if they have received enough feedback from 4v4 players.

Maybe the initial Coh2 thought was make the resources the same across game modes so players know the timings. When to expect a light vehicle, tank, etc. But points in 4v4 are not usually lost a lot in 4v4 so the timings are too fast.
15 Jan 2023, 07:53 AM

Now that you mention it, yeah the ressource distribution is quite nice in team games. To early to judge on its entirety, but it is definetly refreshing not always to rush the same spot each match.
15 Jan 2023, 14:46 PM

Absolutely, I really like it. With the costs & timing of vehicles, focusing on Muni instead is a real option now... always nice to have more options for playstyle
15 Jan 2023, 15:37 PM

Because total amount of fuel\muni is the same for all gamemodes, its a vCoH feature. 1v1 map has lower amount of points, therefor each point gives more income, 4v4 maps have more points therefor income from 1 point is lower.

Its just CoH2 being shit, where income on all maps is the same.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★