Login

russian armor

Future balance

23 Dec 2022, 13:41 PM

Lets not making the same mistake with CoH3 that you need to build a unit with a faction to be competitive.
I am sick of pathfinders and guards in every F game.
23 Dec 2022, 15:21 PM

This would be better suited for the CoH3 section, but

+1
23 Dec 2022, 21:18 PM

Guards aren't necessary for soviets to be competitive they're just in three very good commanders and are easy to use with attack move and merge.

The garand or bar rifleman could use a buff but they can still have access to two good commanders that unlock the m1919 which makes them competitive.
24 Dec 2022, 01:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2022, 21:18 PMSolar.
Guards aren't necessary for soviets to be competitive they're just in three very good commanders and are easy to use with attack move and merge.

The garand or bar rifleman could use a buff but they can still have access to two good commanders that unlock the m1919 which makes them competitive.

Soviets play fine in 1v1, it's larger gamemodes where guards are necessary to make a difference with infantry. Otherwise Soviets have to rely on their tanks or bleed themselves dry with penals for only a mediocre performance against axis elites. Make no mistake, conscripts are very useful in 4v4, but in the late game there are slim few situations where they can attack and be useful. They are mostly only good for snaring, defense, and merge by the end of a match.
24 Dec 2022, 16:18 PM

Soviets play fine in 1v1, it's larger gamemodes where guards are necessary to make a difference with infantry. Otherwise Soviets have to rely on their tanks or bleed themselves dry with penals for only a mediocre performance against axis elites. Make no mistake, conscripts are very useful in 4v4, but in the late game there are slim few situations where they can attack and be useful. They are mostly only good for snaring, defense, and merge by the end of a match.

I agree with most if not all of what your saying but your statement seems to be geared around pure infantry level fights. Having a mainline unit that gets a MP/survivability/XP/cool down buff provides a much better return on late game units. Cons can build their own green cover and spot using trip flares which once triggered is uncounterable like other flares. This snyergizes great with arty and most late game call ins as some vision is required. With how cheap Soviet units are you can quickly change from defense to offense and not lose to much momentum if you use Cons vs Penals/Elites.
25 Dec 2022, 05:13 AM

I agree with most if not all of what your saying but your statement seems to be geared around pure infantry level fights. Having a mainline unit that gets a MP/survivability/XP/cool down buff provides a much better return on late game units. Cons can build their own green cover and spot using trip flares which once triggered is uncounterable like other flares. This snyergizes great with arty and most late game call ins as some vision is required. With how cheap Soviet units are you can quickly change from defense to offense and not lose to much momentum if you use Cons vs Penals/Elites.

Absolutely. I agree with you as well. That's why I included in my post to make no mistake about whether or not cons are useful in 4v4. They def are, but specifically if you're looking to attack *with* infantry, they will struggle where guards won't as much.
9 Jan 2023, 10:48 AM

Good matchmaking means good balance
18 Jan 2023, 21:50 PM

I would be careful with these....."balance" post, most of what I see is from a lack of knowledge of the core game and I would really hate to kill all uniqueness for it's sake.
19 Jan 2023, 11:31 AM
Patrion 14

MY favorit fractions are OST and SOV.... They have every tool, you can build, so u can counter the most... So u dont NEED a specific commander.... But USF and UK, damm maan in 1 vs 1 u just get pushed of the map, and only 2-3 commanders that are viable.....
19 Jan 2023, 13:24 PM

You guys are going WAY OFF course with your guards talk. The question is not about Coh2 balance on a specific unit.

What can be done in Coh3 to make sure one commander is not dominant?

How can you buff a certain unit without it becoming slightly better than another unit?

IDEAS:
1 - Make a variety of map styles. Long and close range. Many players hate this approach, ask Tric he will explain. But this ensures you need more than one commander. But then you may be missing a required commander in one mode.

2 - Relic could make commanders so one path is better for close and one for long? This would effectively double the type of commander load out.

3 - Change unit stats often and make small changes. This requires Relic to be very active in balance updates.

You guys are smarter than me, whatcha got for ideas?
20 Jan 2023, 08:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2023, 13:24 PMRosbone
You guys are going WAY OFF course with your guards talk. The question is not about Coh2 balance on a specific unit.

What can be done in Coh3 to make sure one commander is not dominant?

How can you buff a certain unit without it becoming slightly better than another unit?

IDEAS:
1 - Make a variety of map styles. Long and close range. Many players hate this approach, ask Tric he will explain. But this ensures you need more than one commander. But then you may be missing a required commander in one mode.

2 - Relic could make commanders so one path is better for close and one for long? This would effectively double the type of commander load out.

3 - Change unit stats often and make small changes. This requires Relic to be very active in balance updates.

You guys are smarter than me, whatcha got for ideas?

Some older suggestions...
https://www.coh2.org/topic/81270/commander-rework-approach

https://www.coh2.org/topic/81491/suggestions-for-commanders-revamp
20 Jan 2023, 08:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2023, 13:24 PMRosbone

But I like going off topic B-)

What can be done in Coh3 to make sure one commander is not dominant?...
IDEAS:

Highly agree, however the close range maps need to keep flanking routes. I really liked the CoH3 maps because it seemed very difficult most of the time to cover all angles of approach, ensuring that MGs didn't COMPLETELY lock everything down.

The only downside to this is that it will generally favor axis in that they have much tankier stock elite CQC squads (Assault Grenadiers for DAK and Panzergrenadiers for WER). Allies don't even have stock elite CQC squads. Granted, they come a bit later so it won't be a baselock kind of game early on, but still, current CoH3 balance is kind of based around mid range combat imo.

Eh I'm fine with the commanders being specialized. SSF commandos with LMG then idk Marines with Thompsons or something in the same commander seems a bit much. Just have good commanders for each option, in this theoretical balance.

Maybe one commander specifically designed to be like that.

You guys are smarter than me...

10 Feb 2023, 02:27 AM

Coh 3 balance shouldn't follow hammer nerf style. That was toxic as hell.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 26
Germany 572

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment