Login

russian armor

[Relic] CoH 3 launch date moved to February 23rd 2023

4 Oct 2022, 14:11 PM
4 Oct 2022, 14:28 PM

Good
4 Oct 2022, 16:39 PM
4 Oct 2022, 17:08 PM

Much wow. While its good to know they aren't actually that stupid, to release clearly unfinished game, its still quite sad, because it was obliviously typical marketing move to get as many pre-orders as possible with a false release date.

4 Oct 2022, 17:26 PM

Anyone who has worked in the business world knows how management loves to make arbitrary deadlines. In this case I think relic really wanted to get it out during the holidays, which is a good thing.

Since I am Relic managements worst critic, it is encouraging to see they recognized it will not be ready and may do more harm than good to release early. Especially since it appears to have way more content than a COH game normally launches with.

Another issue with November launch is all of the holidays around that time. If there were major bugs, they would likely stay that way until January/February anyway. Which would be a terrible look for the game.
4 Oct 2022, 22:37 PM
Senior Editor Badge

5 Oct 2022, 06:10 AM
Director of Social Media Badge

9 Oct 2022, 08:19 AM
Patrion 310

Money talks.

Due to conflict of interest from ESG investment in Relic/Sega, this studio can't be loyal to fans even if they wanted to.

Arch Warhammer did a good video how this ESG investment is destroying studio's such as CD Projekt Red;

Short-term the best way to stop this is for fans and employees to grow a backbone and say no to this corporate malinvestment.

If not, only a matter of time before Relic go full corporate woke/woke capitalism.

Personally, I would rather be homeless than work for a shitty ESG studio.

9 Oct 2022, 10:17 AM
Benefactor 115

Money talks.

Due to conflict of interest from ESG investment in Relic/Sega, this studio can't be loyal to fans even if they wanted to.

Arch Warhammer did a good video how this ESG investment is destroying studio's such as CD Projekt Red;

Short-term the best way to stop this is for fans and employees to grow a backbone and say no to this corporate malinvestment.

If not, only a matter of time before Relic go full corporate woke/woke capitalism.

Personally, I would rather be homeless than work for a shitty ESG studio.

9 Oct 2022, 12:00 PM

Every post of his is like this? Lol
9 Oct 2022, 12:08 PM

Every post of his is like this? Lol

Sometimes they are a little hard to follow. But at least you learn some new stuff like what ESG and Malinvestment are. Much better than unit X is OP because I play the other faction and lose to it.

And of course, if the post is crapping on relic management I am a fan
14 Oct 2022, 03:30 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Have you guys thought on making your own site, smth like: notacohfan.fart or Ihaterelic.seriously ...? :rolleyes:
14 Oct 2022, 12:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2022, 03:30 AMSpanky
Have you guys thought on making your own site, smth like: notacohfan.fart or Ihaterelic.seriously ...? :rolleyes:

Absolutely but the title I have on my mind is instabannable so for the mood no.
14 Oct 2022, 14:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2022, 03:30 AMSpanky

No one on this site hates Relic. We just love them more than they love themselves. And it saddens us to see self inflicted harm. Its the 99% of players who could care less about Relics harmful strategies that worry me.

EDIT: Relic are a Goth teenager who is cutting themselves. We are Relics parents. You guys are the kids in class who ignore them.
14 Oct 2022, 15:01 PM

This delay may be a sign that gaming companies are finally getting smarter. Most companies go for the instant cash. Get the game close, then put it out so we can show a profit next quarter.

But this attitude hurts sales in the long run.

No one will be buying the game after a few reviews say it is broken. And more importantly, people will wait to buy them game a year later. You make the most profit at release when people are willing to drop $50-$70 on a game. These are the high profit sales you will be missing out on when reviews say its garbage. Sure you can fix it later and sell it for $25 when your margins are a lot lower. And there goes your profit margin.

All good signs for Relic being smart enough to delay.

RECAP:
You will have lower overall sales and people will pay less for the game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★