Login

russian armor

shooting backwards?

3 Oct 2022, 09:23 AM

Hi guys

maybe u can help me with two questions:

Question 1:

Squad A is moving away from enemy squad B which starts to follow. Squad B can shoot forwards at squad A because it is moving forwards. Can squad A shoot squad B backwards while moving forwards? If so, is there a malus (it is obviously harder to shoot backwards)?

Question 2:

If a squad changes targets, let's say: from shooting a target in front of it to a target behind, does this target change happens instantly or is it connected to a delay (some one or two seconds). I see that the figures sometimes turn slowly so I am wondering if this is a graphic issue or a game feature.

3 Oct 2022, 10:52 AM

As far as I know

Answer 1:

Entities tend to look at the direction they are moving so they will not fire unless the target is inside their cone of fire. In sort the probably fire less shot when moving backwards

Answer 2:

Yes there is delay when changing target. Think a unit has to go through wind up + aim time before firing on a new target
3 Oct 2022, 14:07 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

What Vipper said, just to add to #2:
Models do have a fairly slow rotation time. Only if the model faces the enemy, all the animations and shooting cycles will start. So this comes on top of several hard coded delays to simulate aiming etc.
3 Oct 2022, 15:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Oct 2022, 10:52 AMVipper
As far as I know

Answer 1:

Entities tend to look at the direction they are moving so they will not fire unless the target is inside their cone of fire. In sort the probably fire less shot when moving backwards

I think this is why sprint can be great defensively, since your not shooting anyways repostioning faster can quickly turn an engagement around.

I feel as if I have seen elite LMG wielders fire while walking away such as Airborne LMG/Obers do they have wider cones or am I just seeing things?

3 Oct 2022, 15:33 PM

I think this is why sprint can be great defensively, since your not shooting anyways repostioning faster can quickly turn an engagement around.

I feel as if I have seen elite LMG wielders fire while walking away such as Airborne LMG/Obers do they have wider cones or am I just seeing things?

Certain units (like obers and Airborne Guards) can fire LMG while moving in some cases they even use a "different" weapon profile.
3 Oct 2022, 15:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Oct 2022, 15:33 PMVipper

Certain units (like obers and Airborne Guards) can fire LMG while moving in some cases they even use a "different" weapon profile.

Should have been a bit clearer, I know they can walk on the move. I feel like I have seen the specific LMG models shoot despite going the other direction. Like a 360 degree cone of fire.
3 Oct 2022, 16:12 PM

Should have been a bit clearer, I know they can walk on the move. I feel like I have seen the specific LMG models shoot despite going the other direction. Like a 360 degree cone of fire.

The cone of fire is rather limited but if I am not mistaken infatry can rotate their torso and can fire 180 degrees.
3 Oct 2022, 16:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Oct 2022, 16:12 PMVipper

The cone of fire is rather limited but if I am not mistaken infatry can rotate their torso and can fire 180 degrees.

Makes sense. thanks
3 Oct 2022, 16:47 PM

Makes sense. thanks

Glad that I could help.
14 Oct 2022, 17:08 PM

Many thanks for the detailed feedback, guys!

Always cool to discover such sophisticated details in this great game.

Ad 1: So running away while hoping to keep distance and at the same time fight the chasing enemy isnt well working.

Ad 2: So a flank or rear attack does give indeed some initial advantage if done outside of the viewing cone.

Nice!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS