Login

russian armor

nerf the fking pathfinder and Howitzer

PAGES (8)down
26 Oct 2022, 01:16 AM

USF is a snowball faction

What is a "snowball faction"? If I'm not mistaken, any faction has the possibility of snowballing. Or is this just tacitly admitting that USF can't win unless it snowballs? I am confused.
26 Oct 2022, 01:57 AM

What is a "snowball faction"? If I'm not mistaken, any faction has the possibility of snowballing. Or is this just tacitly admitting that USF can't win unless it snowballs? I am confused.

I have heard Tightrope and other high level players call it that. My personal understanding is you are supposed to play aggressive and constantly force the opponent to react and any misplay heavily punished.

This felt more apparent when LT had bar along with fast 50 cal pack up. The 3 rifleman into LT allowed you to build massive pressure and once Bar was upgraded nothing at that timing was stopping you outside of a PG. 50 cal was ultra aggressive in that you could literally use it like an infantry squad since it packed up/down in a second. From their you were free to choose Stuart or other LV depending on commander. Each step snowballed into the next making it hard to slow down. However if you did stall out the USF player you gave yourself an opening as each unit is expensive to replace and hurts timing into the next if the USF player misplayed or didn’t get enough ROI on say the Stuart or 50 cal.
26 Oct 2022, 11:38 AM

I think it might be that they get big powerspikes out of small advantages, like fast weapon upgrades and light vehicles, if they can leverage them and get them early enough. The tradeoff is that the units fall off quite hard as the game progresses, and that its a rough place to be if you fail to get any sort of advantage in the early game. High risk, high reward.
26 Oct 2022, 16:19 PM

I think it might be that they get big powerspikes out of small advantages, like fast weapon upgrades and light vehicles, if they can leverage them and get them early enough. The tradeoff is that the units fall off quite hard as the game progresses, and that its a rough place to be if you fail to get any sort of advantage in the early game. High risk, high reward.

Except the high reward is not really that high anymore. So USF is now a "high risk, meh reward" faction. In competitive, I only play USF, mainly because when I started playing, they were a high risk high reward faction. I remember the time when rifles truly were a 280 MP infantry that in late game becomes semi elite. Pak howi was nerfed to oblivion... before that rifles; through a series of small nerfs, because they were (rightfully), dominating 240 MP grens on close to mid range. E8 never got a proper rework, now it's just a 1v1 gimmick. Pershing did get small durability buffs, but a massive AOE nerf. Calliope got nerfed. Really, the only units that weren't nerfed substantially are paths/paras. Hence people play them.

You can thank Relic for choosing such a lousy balance team. You can't expect good work from people that do it for free, in their spare time, and mostly play one side, either axis or allies (eg, sander, sturmpanther axis, jibber allies...)
26 Oct 2022, 17:50 PM

You can't expect good work from people that do it for free

They do it for free!
26 Oct 2022, 19:58 PM

They do it for free!

That's mostly shameful from Relic. Having the community do the brainstorming and not incentivize a good job. I highly doubt it's hard for Relic coders to deploy in production the changes the community brainstorms. Mostly because no new objects are introduced, nor new models. Nothing new. Number changes, 90% of the updates.
Shameful they didn't pay at least them something, then we'd probably get a better game in the end
27 Oct 2022, 02:13 AM

Oof, wrong thread.
There are some nerf that neutrual USF defend power like .50 cal nerf, Pak Howie Nerf. Rifleman lost their toughness at vet 3... etc etc.
Snowball would be nothing if you cant hold the line, retain your advantage as long as possible.
Path spam kinda give more flexiable in both defend and offend by a big margin.
27 Oct 2022, 07:42 AM

Except the high reward is not really that high anymore.

Right, sorry i should of been clearer in saying perhaps that was the original idea behind them, before the many many changes.

27 Oct 2022, 11:46 AM

What triggers me, is that pathfinders is already rank 2 after second engagement with them
27 Oct 2022, 23:26 PM

Scotts can suck it!!!!!
At least buttbar has to be in AT range
Scotts are like sniper cancer but worse/
Rifles are SO bad.
27 Oct 2022, 23:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2022, 23:26 PMReverb
Scotts can suck it!!!!!
At least buttbar has to be in AT range
Scotts are like sniper cancer but worse/
Rifles are SO bad.

If you asked any USF player to trade out scotts with a brummbar clone they would not only be happy to do it but would actually never use scotts again.

-in 4v4
28 Oct 2022, 02:35 AM

If you asked any USF player to trade out scotts with a brummbar clone they would not only be happy to do it but would actually never use scotts again.

-in 4v4

buttbar is better in 2v2 but in 4v4 scott is OP as fuckkk
double scott is way better in 4v than butttbar because of how much AT in 4v4
28 Oct 2022, 08:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2022, 02:35 AMReverb

buttbar is better in 2v2 but in 4v4 scott is OP as fuckkk
double scott is way better in 4v than butttbar because of how much AT in 4v4

Yeah except brummbar is still useful in 4v4 because it gets 6 shots of health in addition to good frontal armor and would absolutely rape tiny axis squads.
29 Oct 2022, 18:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2022, 01:08 AMKatukov

axis main who doesn't understand his own units, exhibit 213023423

??

I am a Soviet main. Easiest faction to do good with.
30 Oct 2022, 17:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2022, 15:45 PMKatukov

and i am the 3rd best 3v3 okw player when i dont have player card turned on, sure

What?
30 Oct 2022, 21:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2022, 15:45 PMKatukov

and i am the 3rd best 3v3 okw player when i dont have player card turned on, sure

By "do good" I doubt he means top tier player. I agree Soviet is easiest to do good with *on allied side*. Has the most versatile and interesting commanders, second best vanilla unit lineup (first being OST), has oorah and le big tanks, what's not to love?

Soviet union supremacy. And this is coming from a player who plays all factions.

-in 4v4
30 Oct 2022, 22:50 PM

What?

he claims to main sov but doesn't share his playercard, so there is no way to verify if he is saying the truth

and i definitely don't think he's a sov main judging by reverbs post history tbh
30 Oct 2022, 22:54 PM

By "do good" I doubt he means top tier player. I agree Soviet is easiest to do good with *on allied side*. Has the most versatile and interesting commanders, second best vanilla unit lineup (first being OST), has oorah and le big tanks, what's not to love?

Soviet union supremacy. And this is coming from a player who plays all factions.

-in 4v4

i dont call him good, im saying that he is probably lying on maining sov. but he is SORTA correct, Sov is probably the easiest to do well with, but that is because the other two factions suck ass structurally (ukf gets hard countered by 2 leigs and usf loses the game to a fucking VOLKSWAGEN with a passenger)
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 25
Germany 536

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak