Login

russian armor

Commander Overlap a serious problem

PAGES (11)down
8 Jul 2017, 08:42 AM

I agree and approve of the suggestion

It's not looking at vcoh through rose tinted glasses - it's just that this is a better way to implement doctrines

I've been playing coh1 a lot recently and I have to say, it really doesn't need any rose tinted glasses. It's still such a good game even when compared objectively to coh2, and I think much better balanced for the most part. As to commanders, I really think less is more in this situation. Coh1 had 3 commanders for each faction that were very thought out in terms of how they would play (IMO) instead of a bunch of commanders that are like "lets chuck a bunch of abilities together that theoretically seem to have a theme we can write a paragraph about". Even WFA and Brit commanders seem much less... unique in impact on playstyle when compared to coh1. The linear progression of cps doesn't help either.

Holy pudding just realized how necro'd this is. I agree with whiteflash's latest post though and by coincidence I guess my reply is relevant to it. Hopefully relic actually gives a damn about all this stuff even if they don't see it here.
nee
9 Jul 2017, 11:33 AM

Relic's recent survey thing is just a simple gauge and community milksop, I doubt they will use the informaton to inform them how to please us rather than how to monetize.

In a prospective CoH3 game, the existing system could be completely discarded, for better or worse.
9 Jul 2017, 16:00 PM

I agree with this - cases of this kind of ability progression/unlocking in CoH history have shown they were much more inspiring and tactically interesting than the linear, repetitive one we have in CoH2.
9 Jul 2017, 17:01 PM

The commaners in coh2 allow a very personalised playstyle and room for creative ideas.

the doctrines in coh1 were somewhat restrictive. It was often clear what you had to do:

- howitzer --> v1

- who would ever go right hand side first with armor company in a teamgame?

etc.

9 Jul 2017, 19:42 PM

The commaners in coh2 allow a very personalised playstyle and room for creative ideas.

the doctrines in coh1 were somewhat restrictive. It was often clear what you had to do:

- howitzer --> v1

- who would ever go right hand side first with armor company in a teamgame?

etc.

Restrictive in the sense that you had a choice of how to invest your CPs.

Availability vs choice.

I maintain that if players were able to invest their CPs into their chosen commanders the system would've worked out much better.
nee
10 Jul 2017, 06:58 AM

The main drawback of CoH1 doctrines was merely there wasn't a whole lot of them. CoH2 fixed this problem...but then the design was made linear so it was sort of rendered moot.

Kind of like not being able to afford a car, so someone gave you a nice new car for free...but then took away your license so you couldn't drive anything at all.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS