Login

russian armor

Is there any point to USF in team games ?

1 Aug 2022, 22:35 PM

As per title. I've gone back to trying to play USF in team games, and they suck so bad. They just can't seem to compete against Axis spam and by the time they get decent weapons/ equipment, they're even more outclassed. I could see using them as support with another team member taking on the brunt of the fighting, but they suck too much to hold a lane on their own against someone who knows what they're doing. I even tried "classic" strats like pathfinder spam, or straight up infantry spam, including M1919 spam. I have much better luck with UKF, playing like USF; ie: aggressive and mobile.
2 Aug 2022, 02:06 AM

well. Abuse path + scott is the way my friend
2 Aug 2022, 14:22 PM

Only ProtosAngelus can guide you decently.

My take: path + scott spam.
2 Aug 2022, 14:40 PM

Smoke & blob. Smoke & blob. Use that T0 mortar. Enemy MGs are your main problem. Vet I Major is your friend for his 50 sight range, smoke, arty and recon abilities. If you're feeling lucky, can even try the double BARs Major. Jackson should be able to handle most armour threats.
2 Aug 2022, 15:06 PM

It really sucks though that Riflemen cannot trade toe to toe with Volks (or god forbid, Grens) and your first encounter gets largely dictated by whomever finds green cover first....
5 Aug 2022, 09:58 AM

Smoke & blob. Smoke & blob. Use that T0 mortar. Enemy MGs are your main problem. Vet I Major is your friend for his 50 sight range, smoke, arty and recon abilities. If you're feeling lucky, can even try the double BARs Major. Jackson should be able to handle most armour threats.

For once I'll agree with Lady, make an early mortar and smoke the lane.

VS Ostheer, I build a mortar after my second riflemem/path but some people do it after their first to secure the fuel.

VS OKW I'll build it after the first officer.

I once got my opponent mad because of smoke, the guy insulted me because he couldn't abuse with his HMGs and sniper. It was a weird moment.
5 Aug 2022, 21:20 PM

Just embrace your role as Calliope platform and have you teammates cover USF's other weaknesses :P
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • Oberkommando West flag Oziligath