Login

russian armor

Is there any point to USF in team games ?

1 Aug 2022, 22:35 PM

As per title. I've gone back to trying to play USF in team games, and they suck so bad. They just can't seem to compete against Axis spam and by the time they get decent weapons/ equipment, they're even more outclassed. I could see using them as support with another team member taking on the brunt of the fighting, but they suck too much to hold a lane on their own against someone who knows what they're doing. I even tried "classic" strats like pathfinder spam, or straight up infantry spam, including M1919 spam. I have much better luck with UKF, playing like USF; ie: aggressive and mobile.
2 Aug 2022, 02:06 AM

well. Abuse path + scott is the way my friend
2 Aug 2022, 14:22 PM

Only ProtosAngelus can guide you decently.

My take: path + scott spam.
2 Aug 2022, 14:40 PM

Smoke & blob. Smoke & blob. Use that T0 mortar. Enemy MGs are your main problem. Vet I Major is your friend for his 50 sight range, smoke, arty and recon abilities. If you're feeling lucky, can even try the double BARs Major. Jackson should be able to handle most armour threats.
2 Aug 2022, 15:06 PM

It really sucks though that Riflemen cannot trade toe to toe with Volks (or god forbid, Grens) and your first encounter gets largely dictated by whomever finds green cover first....
5 Aug 2022, 09:58 AM

Smoke & blob. Smoke & blob. Use that T0 mortar. Enemy MGs are your main problem. Vet I Major is your friend for his 50 sight range, smoke, arty and recon abilities. If you're feeling lucky, can even try the double BARs Major. Jackson should be able to handle most armour threats.

For once I'll agree with Lady, make an early mortar and smoke the lane.

VS Ostheer, I build a mortar after my second riflemem/path but some people do it after their first to secure the fuel.

VS OKW I'll build it after the first officer.

I once got my opponent mad because of smoke, the guy insulted me because he couldn't abuse with his HMGs and sniper. It was a weird moment.
5 Aug 2022, 21:20 PM

Just embrace your role as Calliope platform and have you teammates cover USF's other weaknesses :P
26 Aug 2022, 04:51 AM

This game is all about OST and OKW pure and simple. Most of the leftover player base prefers those two factions so most of the changes made the last few years are based around appealing to that player base and making those two factions the most fun while simultaneously being the least overall challenging.

That's why Brits have been nerfed into a laughably bad meme faction, USF has been pretty much a joke for most of the history of the game. It's why the the faction with the most and best AT available apparently "didn't have enough AT options" so they made the dual-schreks cheaper. It's why the Jackson was nerfed so that the bottom-tier medium tank for OST and OKW could more easily destroy it. It's why all Axis elite infantry are at CP2 or less (or are stock). It's why a 240MP 60 munitions unit outpreforms a 280, 120 munitions unit (and so does a doctrinal 270MP 90 munitions unit) that takes two expensive side techs to get it there. It's why a 260MP HMG that is the best in the game is available T0.

The balace 1v1 has been a joke. The only viable Allied faction has been Soviets but even they still have inferior units but have a better tech tree.
22 Sep 2022, 16:16 PM
Donator 22

I watched dirty finished a while ago, using USF. The amount of effort he put in to get good shot here and there, keep the fragile tanks alive....it was nearly stressful to watch.

For me, the fragility of the faction in late team games makes it really hard as a mid level player.
Playing an Elefant, ISUs, retreatable raketens.....all that stuff is far easier in late team games, compared to USF.
18 Feb 2023, 01:03 AM

Stack 50 cals and howie/Scott them follow by jackos
18 Feb 2023, 15:54 PM

Just embrace your role as Calliope platform and have you teammates cover USF's other weaknesses :P

Yeah cp10 katiusha is indeed veery strong meantime stuka zu fus can rape you something around cp4..
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★