Login

russian armor

Further Evidence that COH3 is Trash

PAGES (11)down
6 Sep 2022, 14:56 PM

Sure, those are real concerns, but ultimately i believe there will be some form control or line they won't go past. (Though if the maus gets added i wouldn't really care tbh). Personally, i believe it just helps set the stage for japan to be played tho or whatever other faction they might want.

At this point, I would die to play as Japanese faction even if it is on NA.

OR make a dlc with maps of Pacific theater why not after all 1941 was Japanese Empire's prime years.
6 Sep 2022, 14:58 PM

i wonder if the guys craving for authenticity also want Italian and Japanese faction

150% yes.

Japanese faction could play like the "Axified" Soviet Union: dirt cheap squads with plenty of flexibility (maybe even add late game 150muni kamikaze attacks?)
6 Sep 2022, 15:01 PM

Italian - yes, they have enough units for the faction. Japan - no. Their best tanks were waiting for the invasion of the Home Islands, the best anti-tank used by Japan during the war was the Type 1 Ho-Ni I which is equivalent to the Soviet SU-76. Even if Relic wanted to do the Eastern Front again and put the T-44 or IS-3 into the game which were great tanks and which I really like, I would be just as completely against it as against the Black Prince, it breaks immersion and authenticity.

well they could add a jap faction and also put in prototype tanks from them also
6 Sep 2022, 15:36 PM

well they could add a jap faction and also put in prototype tanks from them also

Oh, yes .. If follow the path of the Black Prince and the World of Tanks, then from Japan can make a playable faction with many unused in the war / prototypes / paper tanks.
6 Sep 2022, 16:14 PM

Oh, yes .. If follow the path of the Black Prince and the World of Tanks, then from Japan can make a playable faction with many unused in the war / prototypes / paper tanks.

Knock yourself out kid.

A glider tank, costing only 380mp and 120fu free for all the map to be dropped:romeoHype::romeoHype::romeoHype::romeoHype:

Want more power? We need more WINGS! (Price upped to 520mp 180fu)

A tank that can fire from both sides to infantry??? How are the alliedcucks going to cope about it?????

A 700mm Tiger knockoff????? Sign me UP! :banana::banana::banana:

wow the alliedcucks are going to have a field day of coping if lelic decides to add jap prototype tanks like they did with BP

[source for images: Tank Encyclopedia.
6 Sep 2022, 16:37 PM

Knock yourself out kid.

A glider tank, costing only 380mp and 120fu free for all the map to be dropped:romeoHype::romeoHype::romeoHype::romeoHype:

Want more power? We need more WINGS! (Price upped to 520mp 180fu)

A tank that can fire from both sides to infantry??? How are the alliedcucks going to cope about it?????

Of course, we must be true to the principles of the Black Prince and add tanks for the Japanese such as:
- Type 5 Chi-Ri,

A 700mm Tiger knockoff????? Sign me UP! :banana::banana::banana:

wow the alliedcucks are going to have a field day of coping if lelic decides to add jap prototype tanks like they did with BP

[source for images: Tank Encyclopedia.

Of course, we must be true to the principles of the Black Prince and add tanks for the Japanese such as:
- Type 5 Chi-Ri medium tank, one tank was built without a gun.
- Type 4 Ha-To 300mm mortar, 4 built never saw combat.
- Type 5 Ho-Ri heavy tank destroyer, was only like a wooden model.
- O-I 100 ton super-heavy tank, existed only in blueprints and drawings.
6 Sep 2022, 16:42 PM

- Type 5 Chi-Ri medium tank, one tank was built without a gun.
- Type 4 Ha-To 300mm mortar, 4 built never saw combat.
- Type 5 Ho-Ri heavy tank destroyer, was only like a wooden model.
- O-I 100 ton super-heavy tank, existed only in blueprints and drawings.

No kidding, that 300mm mortar must have fucking nuked entire cities.
6 Sep 2022, 16:47 PM

No kidding, that 300mm mortar must have fucking nuked entire cities.

And of course, without question or appeal, Japan should get the Tiger.
6 Sep 2022, 18:39 PM

Do u really not see a difference between brits having 1 proto tank, and propping up an entire faction with proto units just to make it compete?

So much exaggeration all coming from 1 fucking tank being in the game lol

Give each faction 1 proto unit just to make ppl stop whining :loco:
6 Sep 2022, 18:43 PM

Do u really not see a difference between brits having 1 proto tank, and propping up an entire faction with proto units just to make it compete?

So much exaggeration all coming from 1 fucking tank being in the game lol

Give each faction 1 proto unit just to make ppl stop whining :loco:

There is no difference, the Black Prince is the road to the World of Tanks when gaps in balance or design are filled with paper. No prototypes in the game, in any form, even though I really like this tank, it breaks the immersion in the game. I will stay with my principles, you took the Second World War, you accept its restrictions, if you want to go beyond these restrictions, go to Alternative History.
7 Sep 2022, 02:13 AM

There is no difference

That is a hilarious exaggeration :facepalm:
7 Sep 2022, 08:16 AM

That is a hilarious exaggeration :facepalm:

For him anything that isn't 100% historically authentic is immersion breaking. Thankfully he represents a tiny proportion of the playerbase. Most people just want the game to be good.
7 Sep 2022, 13:00 PM

For him anything that isn't 100% historically authentic is immersion breaking.

But how does he enjoy coh2 then?

Not even close to 100% authentic lmao
7 Sep 2022, 13:19 PM

But how does he enjoy coh2 then?

Not even close to 100% authentic lmao

Realism =/= Authenticity.

The battles COMPANY of Heroes tries to portray (those on a company level) actually took days to show a decisive outcome. Obviously that's unfeasible that's why relic simplified a lot of stuff to be able to make the game fun.

It's an entirely different story using PROTOTYPE units, eg. using PAPER units. That's historical fiction plain and simple which COH NEVER WAS.

And guess what, Nazi paper tanks were way better than Allied paper tanks (Hitler was a known megalomaniac that insta approved every project that claimed to be 10 times better than the enemy's and that was not exclusive to tank designs: buildings, whole urban planning projects etc).

So if push comes to shove, and we see a MAUS that can self spot and rape every armor in existence don' tell me I did not warn you.
7 Sep 2022, 13:42 PM

The battles COMPANY of Heroes tries to portray (those on a company level) actually took days to show a decisive outcome. Obviously that's unfeasible that's why relic simplified a lot of stuff to be able to make the game fun.

It's an entirely different story using PROTOTYPE units, eg. using PAPER units. That's historical fiction plain and simple which COH NEVER WAS.

And guess what, Nazi paper tanks were way better than Allied paper tanks (Hitler was a known megalomaniac that insta approved every project that claimed to be 10 times better than the enemy's and that was not exclusive to tank designs: buildings, whole urban planning projects etc).

So if push comes to shove, and we see a MAUS that can self spot and rape every armor in existence don' tell me I did not warn you.

But why would you assume that prototype units will automatically be overpowered, compared with i dunno, anything else that's in the game? I'm just curious, as unit balance will almost certainly be a complete mess on release.

Just trying to understand your perspective.
7 Sep 2022, 17:57 PM

But why would you assume that prototype units will automatically be overpowered, compared with i dunno, anything else that's in the game?

+1000

I gave this exact response to someone else earlier in the thread. KT was completely broken when it was added with OKW. Caused all the allied TDs to be buffed through the roof, on top of receiving tons of nerfs itself

The KT is not a prototype, not a "paper unit". It was very real and yet that didn't stop it from completely breaking the game

There are worse things to break than immersion. And the immersion in CoH isn't that great to begin with
7 Sep 2022, 21:28 PM

And many of those battles didnt even exist.... I played a 2v2 on moscow outskirts the other day. It was USF and brits against 2 OKW. No soviet anywhere to be found

SO much realism lmao :rolleyes:

THis point could not be more retarded. Balance > everything else

If the BP is too good in coh3 then it should get nerfed. U realize just cuz a proto heavy tank is in the game doesnt mean it has to be OP, right? Plz tell me u understand that...

ALso i assume u want to give MAUS to the soviets if they get added? Pretty sure they captured the only one that was close to being finished lmao. U know, since u care SO MUCH about realism :thumbsup:
9 Sep 2022, 15:11 PM

But why would you assume that prototype units will automatically be overpowered, compared with i dunno, anything else that's in the game?

Because, my good friend, I have an expert's knowledge on the way Nazi Germany conducted its military research (did a stats project on WW2 Operational Research as part of my master's degree).

Hitler personally signed off on anything that claimed to be "the best best best ever" not caring about costs. Everybody knew shit like Maus and Ratte was completely combat stupid but they got the proof to carry on since the boss signed off on it.

Compare that to the way USA, UK and (to a lesser extend) USSR conducted their military research: tons of committees, scientists etc. striving to find the golden ratio... sure that's how it should be done but nothing trully shockingly huge comes out of it...

Compared with Maus let's say.

You decide to put 250mm of fucking grade A steel armor topped with a fucking 12.8cm PAK gun you sure as fuck are going to be making something really OP for COH standards. Just imagine a vehicle with an elefant gun, a TigerII armor and Jagdtiger range... I can already hear the alliedcucks coping
9 Sep 2022, 15:13 PM

And many of those battles didnt even exist.... I played a 2v2 on moscow outskirts the other day. It was USF and brits against 2 OKW. No soviet anywhere to be found

SO much realism lmao :rolleyes:

THis point could not be more retarded. Balance > everything else

If the BP is too good in coh3 then it should get nerfed. U realize just cuz a proto heavy tank is in the game doesnt mean it has to be OP, right? Plz tell me u understand that...

ALso i assume u want to give MAUS to the soviets if they get added? Pretty sure they captured the only one that was close to being finished lmao. U know, since u care SO MUCH about realism :thumbsup:

you truly have reading problems... not bothering replying
9 Sep 2022, 17:06 PM

Because, my good friend, I have an expert's knowledge on the way Nazi Germany conducted its military research (did a stats project on WW2 Operational Research as part of my master's degree).

Hitler personally signed off on anything that claimed to be "the best best best ever" not caring about costs. Everybody knew shit like Maus and Ratte was completely combat stupid but they got the proof to carry on since the boss signed off on it.

Compare that to the way USA, UK and (to a lesser extend) USSR conducted their military research: tons of committees, scientists etc. striving to find the golden ratio... sure that's how it should be done but nothing trully shockingly huge comes out of it...

Compared with Maus let's say.

You decide to put 250mm of fucking grade A steel armor topped with a fucking 12.8cm PAK gun you sure as fuck are going to be making something really OP for COH standards. Just imagine a vehicle with an elefant gun, a TigerII armor and Jagdtiger range... I can already hear the alliedcucks coping

This post reeking of autism aside.

Relic does not care about real life specifications and the game has never been balanced around it.
(see the panzer 4 J, an garbage panzer 4, being just straight up replaced by the H model in a patch years ago. ANd just being better then the H despite being named J)
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS