Login

russian armor

Tiger balance in 1v1?

5 Jun 2022, 14:55 PM

Playing as Ostheer, and never can get this thing to work. It gets focused easily, dies to any AT, has shit health, Costs the sky and more, and generally never seems to be worth it. Before it at least allowed you to skip tech, now it literally serves no purpose, since tier 3 is so cheap. If you need AT just build a Panther, and if you need AI just build more mgs, or more P4.
6 Jun 2022, 09:20 AM

It has its uses, but no f ups are allowed. its a good tank against the brits but i would not use it against the usf or on maps thats favours long range AT. Tigers and heavies in general are not an autopick these days.
6 Jun 2022, 14:52 PM

If you want to use the Tiger 1 it is probably better to go OKW. You actually get a tech discount compared to the KT. With Ost you have to got BP3 which if you don't build T4 makes it kind of a waste of resources. As OST you lose a lot of your efficiency spending for extra tech and stalling for the tank. Its gonna allow the opponent to prepare since they will realize you aren't fielding tanks.

Have you tried maybe giving the P4J a try, its a bit more expensive but your choice to go T3 or T4, comes with more armor stock so you can use it like a baby tiger.
7 Jun 2022, 10:09 AM

tiger in 1v1 sucks!!!!!

stop playing 1v1!!!!
7 Jun 2022, 11:38 AM

tiger in 1v1 sucks!!!!!

stop playing 1v1!!!!

1. no it doesn't. It just needs to be properly supported - don't dive with it in the middle of the enemy like a charging bull and expect it to win you the game right there.

2. why would you say that? 1v1 is the hardest to play and the best to learn from so it would seem that you can't play 1v1s?
7 Jun 2022, 17:53 PM

1. no it doesn't. It just needs to be properly supported - don't dive with it in the middle of the enemy like a charging bull and expect it to win you the game right there.

2. why would you say that? 1v1 is the hardest to play and the best to learn from so it would seem that you can't play 1v1s?

1. yes it does, you are wrong.

2. 1v1 is meta simulator aka fastest clicker simulator aka you need to be a virgin playing coh2 for 10hrs a day to actually be competent.
MMX
8 Jun 2022, 06:30 AM

Agree to both points. Out of all heavies (except maybe the KV-2), the Tiger is arguably the one that's working best in 1v1 if you use it well. Not the safest option for sure, especially if you're up against SOV, but definitely viable. But, as you said, stalling for one expecting to singlehandedly win you the game once it hits the field will lead to lots of frustration most of the time.

As to the 1v1 part, I'd also say it's the best place to really learn how to play the game. Not to mention most of the skills/mechanics you pick up there translate very well into the larger game modes, so people good at 1v1 will usually be quite capable in team games as well.
8 Jun 2022, 09:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2022, 06:30 AMMMX

Agree to both points. Out of all heavies (except maybe the KV-2), the Tiger is arguably the one that's working best in 1v1 if you use it well. Not the safest option for sure, especially if you're up against SOV, but definitely viable. But, as you said, stalling for one expecting to singlehandedly win you the game once it hits the field will lead to lots of frustration most of the time.

As to the 1v1 part, I'd also say it's the best place to really learn how to play the game. Not to mention most of the skills/mechanics you pick up there translate very well into the larger game modes, so people good at 1v1 will usually be quite capable in team games as well.

in 1v1 you cannot lose and blame noob team!!!

in 1v1 you cannot win unless you play coh2 for 10hrs a day!!!

in 1v1 you will lose!!!
9 Jun 2022, 05:34 AM

1. yes it does, you are wrong.

2. 1v1 is meta simulator aka fastest clicker simulator aka you need to be a virgin playing coh2 for 10hrs a day to actually be competent.

1. just saying "you are wrong" doesn't prove anything. I have some experience in coh and I know what I wrote is true.

2. what? do you even read what you write before you click "post"??
9 Jun 2022, 06:36 AM

Playing as Ostheer, and never can get this thing to work. It gets focused easily, dies to any AT, has shit health, Costs the sky and more, and generally never seems to be worth it. Before it at least allowed you to skip tech, now it literally serves no purpose, since tier 3 is so cheap. If you need AT just build a Panther, and if you need AI just build more mgs, or more P4.

The Tiger is a great tank. However you should never use any heavy tank on the Front Lines, wether it is Pershing, Tiger, King Tiger or IS-2. You will lose your tank very quickly. Visually/Mentally get out of the habit of sending in your heavy tank first and instead use it in more of a supporting role.

So say for example your Front Line has MG-42, Pak, Grenadiers etc the role of your Tiger is to support those units. Always use those units together. If at any point you are using the tank alone and unsupported you are doing it wrong.

You will probably want to start with Spearhead Doctrine as your commander choice. It is a well rounded commander overall however it has access to Panzer Tactician which if used correctly can significantly increase your Tiger's survival chance especially with newer players. As you get comfortable with using the Tiger you can branch out and use other commanders with Tiger without Panzer Tactician.

If you have a Mortar alive (which you should) always get in the habit of using the smoke ability on your tanks. It is free and with good timing you can make it very difficult for enemies to finish off any of your tanks.

Plant anti-tank mines in flank positions on where they may try to dive your vehicles. You should always have a safe spot to retreat to and repair.
9 Jun 2022, 09:33 AM

1. just saying "you are wrong" doesn't prove anything.

A_E
9 Jun 2022, 11:49 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Basically don't listen to anyone else only listen to me because I know the truth that you seek.

Tiger in 1v1 only sucks if you don't do the following, if you do the following it's a game winning unit.

• Upon getting the tiger out, slow the game down and consolidate your forces, your objective is to keep the tiger alive and get it to vet 3. To do this the game needs to last 45min+. At vet 0-2 it's a liability at vet3 it wins games.
  • Keep the tiger in the centre, and ensure it's well protected with pak40s and a teller on the flank, do not let it fall prey to soviet ram and IL2 strafe.
  • NEVER GO PAST THE HALF WAY LINE - keep the tiger in your territory, and use it to BLAP enemy infantry, and finish off wounded enemy tanks. It is a defensive unit.
  • Stall until vet3, upon reaching vet3 the fire rate improves greatly, and it basically becomes an army destroyer, if you support it. Slowly push up the map, giving it support it needs, and you'll eat your opponent alive.

9 Jun 2022, 11:53 AM
9 Jun 2022, 11:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2022, 11:49 AMA_E
Basically don't listen to anyone else only listen to me because I know the truth that you seek.

Tiger in 1v1 only sucks if you don't do the following, if you do the following it's a game winning unit.

• Upon getting the tiger out, slow the game down and consolidate your forces, your objective is to keep the tiger alive and get it to vet 3. To do this the game needs to last 45min+. At vet 0-2 it's a liability at vet3 it wins games.
  • Keep the tiger in the centre, and ensure it's well protected with pak40s and a teller on the flank, do not let it fall prey to soviet ram and IL2 strafe.
  • NEVER GO PAST THE HALF WAY LINE - keep the tiger in your territory, and use it to BLAP enemy infantry, and finish off wounded enemy tanks. It is a defensive unit.
  • Stall until vet3, upon reaching vet3 the fire rate improves greatly, and it basically becomes an army destroyer, if you support it. Slowly push up the map, giving it support it needs, and you'll eat your opponent alive.

A_E well said, my point exactly.

Tiger (as all tanks, but especially heavies) needs a proper support. Then it can shine.
9 Jun 2022, 14:05 PM

A_E well said, my point exactly.

Tiger (as all tanks, but especially heavies) needs a proper support. Then it can shine.

It can still be a game changer if used correctly. Though it's probably at its least effective against Soviets, they have the best tools to counter it. It's generally a bit more effective against Brits and USF.
11 Jun 2022, 17:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2022, 11:49 AMA_E

Thank you. This is what I have been looking forward to.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 30
unknown 4
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak