Login

russian armor

JLI + SOV ScoutCar = New Sniper ClownCar??????

9 Jun 2022, 08:28 AM

That is not true. If it was then every single vehicle would have 0 accuracy. If every vehicle had 100% accuracy then each vehicle would turn into snipers one shotting squads.

The current system in COH 2 is a result of not having target tables. If a T-70 had 100% accuracy it would kill a model every 2 hits. To get around not having target tables COH2 uses a bootleg system in which you need enough accuracy to hit in the general area and then its about AOE/Scatter on the weapon.

This is why COH2 is extremely RNG based because in the slight chance that you do manage to land a direct hit via accuracy you will get a squad that gets completely one shotted with 0 counterplay involved especially if the units happened to be clumped up together.

I would prefer it if COH2 didn't have a lottery system in place and units did damage on a consistent basis based on the role of the unit.

A T-70 firing on infatry at far range has 2.5% chance to hit a entity and 1.25% if it moving. That is simply not important (not sure if the game even goes to accuracy role on that odd). Since T-70 does lots of AI damage that means that most of that damage come from scatter shots and thus the moving accuracy penalty is not really relevant.

Now if in your opinion moving penalty of T-70 is relevant to it's performance feel free to explain how.
9 Jun 2022, 09:53 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Slightly off-topic on how accuracy generally works.

The sniper G43 of the JLI almost can't miss against units in cover. the 1.15 accuracy * 0.9 cover modifier still is above 1. Then they also get +40% accuracy at vet 3.
At this point, the only way to miss a shot is if the targeted squad has an RA lower than 0.69. So in virtually all engagements, cover or not: If the sniper G43 shoots, it hits. And if the target is below 70% health, it is dead.

Putting them into any transport would lower that and basically be a waste of their potential. Let alone the fact that it is difficult to acquire a transport as OKW in the first place.
9 Jun 2022, 10:01 AM

The sniper G43 of the JLI almost can't miss against units in cover. the 1.15 accuracy * 0.9 cover modifier still is above 1. Then they also get +40% accuracy at vet 3.
At this point, the only way to miss a shot is if the targeted squad has an RA lower than 0.69. So in virtually all engagements, cover or not: If the sniper G43 shoots, it hits. And if the target is below 70% health, it is dead.

Putting them into any transport would lower that and basically be a waste of their potential. Let alone the fact that it is difficult to acquire a transport as OKW in the first place.

You are right on every point. I never claimed JLI + Transport is a viable strategy.

It's a very very fun meme that works maybe 4% of the time but when it does it's the best thing ever.
9 Jun 2022, 18:11 PM

When it's spelled out like this I no longer doubt my sanity as to why I feel like Overwatch is an ever-present cancer in team games.
9 Jun 2022, 18:20 PM

When it's spelled out like this I no longer doubt my sanity as to why I feel like Overwatch is an ever-present cancer in team games.

ytrure
9 Jun 2022, 22:40 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I should have noted that this is max range, which as pointed out before is the best case scenario - unlike any other weapon in CoH2. Still, on open field and as long as you don't close in, the sniper G43 will hit almost all his shots, and cover barely does anything.
The other 3 dudes still fire "normal" weapons, so cover is still worth it. But don't expect that snipes will happen way less frequently. It will take a bit longer until the model has dropped below 70%, but the sniper G43 will hit basically just as hard as on open field.

Relistically, you'll probably achieve >95% hit chance on open field and ~90%+ against units in cover. Unvetted, that is.
10 Jun 2022, 00:27 AM

Use 250 HT replace 251 IRHT!(X)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight