Login

russian armor

OP vs ez mode?

6 Jun 2022, 09:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jun 2022, 20:09 PMKoRneY

Maybe as wehr, but urban maps and okw don't mix well.

For such maps i recommend fuerstorm but yes okw do poorly in urban maps
6 Jun 2022, 10:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jun 2022, 20:09 PMKoRneY

Maybe as wehr, but urban maps and okw don't mix well.

Huh? Out of all maps I find urban ones to be the easiest for OKW by far. Maybe it's because I play Feuersturm a lot.

Stg44s, incendiary grenades to deny garrisons, a forward Opel behind a house paired with flamethrowers and LeIg incendiary barrage if needed... it just works like a charm on these maps.

I find huge open maps to often be a struggle for OKW, especially the rather tight ones, cuz they're heaven for Pathfinder blob, maxim spam and section blobs.
6 Jun 2022, 11:13 AM

Huh? Out of all maps I find urban ones to be the easiest for OKW by far. Maybe it's because I play Feuersturm a lot.

Stg44s, incendiary grenades to deny garrisons, a forward Opel behind a house paired with flamethrowers and LeIg incendiary barrage if needed... it just works like a charm on these maps.

I find huge open maps to often be a struggle for OKW, especially the rather tight ones, cuz they're heaven for Pathfinder blob, maxim spam and section blobs.

Yeah... don't know how people can't play OKW on urban maps. Leig is great there. MG34 can cover wide swaths of land. Spios can stay relevant throughout the game with their close range firepower. Kubel at start can easily displace USF and IS from cover by driving over them, allowing spios to charge in and decimate. A well placed Schwerer can lock down easily. KT can be parked and just ground target with Spearhead. Pathfinders are useless there. Sections are extremely weak there (Pretty much every brit ally I've seen just goes for Assault S. on urban maps).
The only weakness are the volks, which are weak close range. Obers with infrared are terminator galore on such maps. Stuka on ettelbruck is a dream come true. Long narrow streets for the long narrow barrage. Vetted kubel is basically a cheat there. LeFH late game against random teams that more often than not, do not have offmaps... OKW is pretty easy on such maps. Just that most OKW players are used to just being able to A-move and fight on longer ranges. On urban maps you really need to pull your weight and be extra spicy concentrated
6 Jun 2022, 12:27 PM

Yeah... don't know how people can't play OKW on urban maps. Leig is great there.

Vanilla Leig is inferior to mortar in urban maps

MG34 can cover wide swaths of land. Spios can stay relevant throughout the game with their close range firepower. Kubel at start can easily displace USF and IS from cover by driving over them, allowing spios to charge in and decimate. A well placed Schwerer can lock down easily. KT can be parked and just ground target with Spearhead. Pathfinders are useless there. Sections are extremely weak there (Pretty much every brit ally I've seen just goes for Assault S. on urban maps).
The only weakness are the volks, which are weak close range. Obers with infrared are terminator galore on such maps. Stuka on ettelbruck is a dream come true. Long narrow streets for the long narrow barrage. Vetted kubel is basically a cheat there. LeFH late game against random teams that more often than not, do not have offmaps... OKW is pretty easy on such maps. Just that most OKW players are used to just being able to A-move and fight on longer ranges. On urban maps you really need to pull your weight and be extra spicy concentrated

Allied smg infatry are simply superior to axis smg infatry.
6 Jun 2022, 15:07 PM

Well he said non-doc. I prefer overwatch and scavenge myself so that's probably why I stay away.
6 Jun 2022, 15:15 PM

Yeah... don't know how people can't play OKW on urban maps. Leig is great there. MG34 can cover wide swaths of land. Spios can stay relevant throughout the game with their close range firepower. Kubel at start can easily displace USF and IS from cover by driving over them, allowing spios to charge in and decimate. A well placed Schwerer can lock down easily. KT can be parked and just ground target with Spearhead. Pathfinders are useless there. Sections are extremely weak there (Pretty much every brit ally I've seen just goes for Assault S. on urban maps).

Not the first time you've patronized people for a faction you don't play. I find a faction that doesn't have nondoc flamers and no mortar to have serious problems on urban maps. And that's what Grim mentioned. Non doc.
6 Jun 2022, 16:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jun 2022, 15:15 PMKoRneY

Not the first time you've patronized people for a faction you don't play. I find a faction that doesn't have nondoc flamers and no mortar to have serious problems on urban maps. And that's what Grim mentioned. Non doc.

Lack of mortar, you are not wrong. Flamer, meh, here and there. USF has no flamer and I've managed to win on urban maps. Well, map, only ettelbruck is urban and non vetoed.
Would be a major problem, if any faction had T0 wide arc MG. If maxim, for example, was T0 and had the arc of the MG42/34, then OKW would be seriously underpowered and would have to fight an uphill battle from minute one.

OKW on urban maps, before the Leig hits the field goes against:

USF: Rifles + echelon -> OKW should win all engagements without much of a hassle
SOV: Depends. T1 or T0. Penals on small maps are not as great, probably against maxims. Still, given how poor maxims are against anything but blobs (Great AOE suppression), you can easily be extremely aggressive with spios.
BRIT: Even worse unless you have assault sections. No stock mortar, no stock rocket arty, nothing. On urban maps, brits are dependent on two things: Extreme luck and commander choice. I've seen vickers fail to suppress on the mid VP, whilst being in the building, a running volk squad which just ran across the VP to molly the building the vickers was in. So there's that.

So in reality, OKW somewhat struggles only against soviets, which is not surprising given in what great spot they are. Both OST and SOV.

And I could say the same for you. You don't play allies, which is fine. But you do play against them. You know what works and what doesn't work. I do not play axis, that is the full truth, but I do play against them and I know what I hate and what I love; seeing. I've never ever had, nor seen an ally completely dominate OKW as USF or brits on Ettlebruck in 3v3. I will say that ettelbruck is extremely unbalanced in terms of spawn side. As OKW, you would have a harder time playing around mid/bottom ettel, than you would playing around the enclosed top VP. Top VP on a map like ettelbruck, for OKW is Spio heaven. Shot/sight blockers which allow spios to literally spawn on top of you. You can't push inside, you can't really shoot from outside as the range is still low enough for SPIOS to be effective at most angles. Best you can do as USF is just make 3 rifles, and charge in. You will bleed a lot, but 3 rifles + echelon should push back 2 spio + volks (+ maybe kubel). I won't comment on other urban maps as I veto all urban maps as USF, mainly because I hate being forced to go for a mortar (which will end up in 50 minutes doing 500 dmg or so). I do love it when I get a soviet ally which builds a mortar and we cooperate well. Then it's gg.

EDIT: And I wasn't being patronizing. I literally cannot fathom how axis can struggle on any map. Especially with the stock roster. I don't mean that axis are OP, but their stock roster is complete for all occasions, same as soviets. USF was nerfed in some of their OP ways, without actually giving anything back, so their roster is meh. I can testify to that. Brits I won't even comment on.
So, on all maps, they can adjust to fit the map. You won't go for double spio on a map like steppes. Suicide. You go for fussies, upgrade them fast and win. You won't go for fussies on ettlebruck top spawn.
6 Jun 2022, 20:21 PM

Usf isn't great non doctrinally as well imo, falling far behind both Soviet and Wehr. Okw edges out Brits who I would put dead last.

Okw not getting smoke or indirect for at least 3-4 minutes is a bit tough. Even more now so since it takes longer (slightly) to get a battlegroup up and leigs now arrive off map instead of from the structure. Firestorm was patched in because okw was critically lacking in urban environments, and it's still fundamentally the same as it ever was (without firestorm).

I don't do ettelbruck as usf either, admittedly.

6 Jun 2022, 21:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jun 2022, 20:21 PMKoRneY
Usf isn't great non doctrinally as well imo, falling far behind both Soviet and Wehr. Okw edges out Brits who I would put dead last.

Okw not getting smoke or indirect for at least 3-4 minutes is a bit tough. Even more now so since it takes longer (slightly) to get a battlegroup up and leigs now arrive off map instead of from the structure. Firestorm was patched in because okw was critically lacking in urban environments, and it's still fundamentally the same as it ever was (without firestorm).

I don't do ettelbruck as usf either, admittedly.

I would be lying if I said that I disagreed, and yes, Firesturm did get the needed love it deserved, no doubt. Having said that, I can see how OKW can struggle on certain parts of the map. Namely ettelbruck on bottom side where buildings can lock you out if the soviet (brit less so) rushes the starting unit into it, followed by the machinegun. Still, my hatred towards the USF mortar means that I beg the Gods that Soviet builds a mortar to deny the MG42 on that map. I ban ettelbruck and unban Rhzev until I remember why I hate Rhzev (unbalanced spawns, snow FPS late game tank, strange shotblocking)... rinse and repeat.
Still, most scenarios, OKW is fine in the starting minutes. Brits I hate from the bottom of my soul. Soviets, unlike the real-life counterparts, are lovable and great to have as an ally. OST is just as complete as old school CS 1.6
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS