Login

russian armor

Slot item weapon disappear on reinforced squad

26 Mar 2022, 04:11 AM

I'm having this problem on squads that can pick up or be upgraded with multi slot item weapons. It is when the squad have 1 model left and be reinforced, new model go back to default weapon. Like a section with 2 bren lmg when reinforced from 1 model will only have 1 bren active while all slot is still full.

Can anyone please help me solve this issue ?
26 Mar 2022, 07:38 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Is the setting 'permanent' in the add_slot_iten action set to true?

How many slot item space does the squad have and how many weapons did it pick up before dropping models? Did every weapon require 1 slot space, or did some require 0 space? I noticed once that squads who have weapons which require 0 space tend to lose them.
26 Mar 2022, 12:01 PM

Is the setting 'permanent' in the add_slot_iten action set to true?

Yes, i believe permanent true is the default option for this action.

How many slot item space does the squad have and how many weapons did it pick up before dropping models? Did every weapon require 1 slot space, or did some require 0 space? I noticed once that squads who have weapons which require 0 space tend to lose them.

I have the issue on various squad with difference setup, some have 1 slot but gain double weapon via upgrade. I use many slot item with 0 space but issue also happen on item with 1 space like SMGs. I will try change those item to 1 space.
27 Mar 2022, 09:49 AM

i tried changing all of my slot items to 1 space but they still disappear on reinforced.
1 Oct 2022, 06:19 AM
Modmaker Badge

The reason this happens is unknown but it has affected my entire mod. The issue seems to be that the slot item is not activated for reinforced units. It is still present within the squad.

I have made a fix but it is not ideal as it takes multiple steps as well as considering all units that use slot items. Because this requires units to die it will not work when the squad is split i.e. picking up a mortar. Some things may also not behave normally when picking up other slot items.

In this example I have Fallschirmjagers. They have 2 FG42 and 2 KAR98. The weapon upgrade gives the entire squad of 4 FG42. Normally without this fix all reinforced units will have KAR98.

EBPS
Clone and rename a weapon in ebps\gameplay\props\ it doesn't matter what it is.
actions_apply_ext>delay>make_dead delay is required or it will crash.
entity_blueprint_ext>is_visible_in_game: false

Slot_Item
Create or clone a new slot_item.
drop_item_entity: the clone you made earlier
drop_rate: 1 this ensures that the item_slot is removed on the death of a holding entity
is_entity_user: true I think this makes it so an entity drops the slot item instead of needing the entire squad to die
slot_size: 0
weapon>weapon whatever weapon you want the slot item to be. Ensure weapon values are correct.

Slot_Item
This is a dummy slot item that is used to display the slot item icon after the upgrade is purchased. This step isn't necessary for most cases but because fallschirms use 2 FG42 from the start there should be an icon to distinguish them between the upgraded squad.
drop_rate: 0
slot_size: 2

Upgrade
Mostly a dummy upgrade. Its only action is to give the dummy icon to the squad.

SBPS
squad_action_apply_ext>slot_item_add>FG42 slot item you made, only one.
squad_action_apply_ext>requirement_action*3: see pics. Ignore animator_set_action as its for debugging. You will have to create additional requirement actions depending on the number of max squad members and/or upgrade types.
squad_item_slot_ext>num_slots: 2
squad_upgrade_ext>upgrade>upgrades: Change to the upgrade you made

So in conclusion here's what happens:
On spawn fallschirm are giving 1 FG42 slot item. The second FG42 is given from the requirement_action since it detects there are 2 or more members but only 1 FG42.
When the fallschirms die and there are no free units to swap the slot item to it will drop the invisible FG42.
When reinforced back to 2 it will be given an additional FG42 slot item.
The upgrade allows for the 3rd and 4th members to receive slot items.

I'll continue to try and find the cause for this problem as the fix is neither flawless nor simple. Hopefully the mod isn't corrupted or something.
1 Oct 2022, 11:12 AM

This bug is in the live game too :(
"Fortunately" Ive only seen it on Rear Echelons so far. The squad is meant to have a sweeper and 2 bazookas, but 1-2 bazookas can disappear permanently if you reinforce while still consuming the weapon slots
1 Oct 2022, 15:16 PM

This bug is in the live game too :(
"Fortunately" Ive only seen it on Rear Echelons so far. The squad is meant to have a sweeper and 2 bazookas, but 1-2 bazookas can disappear permanently if you reinforce while still consuming the weapon slots

yes, losing bazoka on your echelon is bad enough. And unfortunately i once see friend having a ranger squad with only 1 thompson, he have to let them go afterward event though they had vet up to 3.
1 Oct 2022, 16:27 PM

yes, losing bazoka on your echelon is bad enough. And unfortunately i once see friend having a ranger squad with only 1 thompson, he have to let them go afterward event though they had vet up to 3.

now that you mention rangers, I remember seeing MP40 volks where only 1 guy had the MP40 and the rest Kar98. LOL
1 Oct 2022, 16:32 PM

The reason this happens is unknown but it has affected my entire mod. The issue seems to be that the slot item is not activated for reinforced units. It is still present within the squad.

I have made a fix but it is not ideal as it takes multiple steps as well as considering all units that use slot items. Because this requires units to die it will not work when the squad is split i.e. picking up a mortar. Some things may also not behave normally when picking up other slot items.

In this example I have Fallschirmjagers. They have 2 FG42 and 2 KAR98. The weapon upgrade gives the entire squad of 4 FG42. Normally without this fix all reinforced units will have KAR98.

EBPS
Clone and rename a weapon in ebps\gameplay\props\ it doesn't matter what it is.
actions_apply_ext>delay>make_dead delay is required or it will crash.
entity_blueprint_ext>is_visible_in_game: false

Slot_Item
Create or clone a new slot_item.
drop_item_entity: the clone you made earlier
drop_rate: 1 this ensures that the item_slot is removed on the death of a holding entity
is_entity_user: true I think this makes it so an entity drops the slot item instead of needing the entire squad to die
slot_size: 0
weapon>weapon whatever weapon you want the slot item to be. Ensure weapon values are correct.

Slot_Item
This is a dummy slot item that is used to display the slot item icon after the upgrade is purchased. This step isn't necessary for most cases but because fallschirms use 2 FG42 from the start there should be an icon to distinguish them between the upgraded squad.
drop_rate: 0
slot_size: 2

Upgrade
Mostly a dummy upgrade. Its only action is to give the dummy icon to the squad.

SBPS
squad_action_apply_ext>slot_item_add>FG42 slot item you made, only one.
squad_action_apply_ext>requirement_action*3: see pics. Ignore animator_set_action as its for debugging. You will have to create additional requirement actions depending on the number of max squad members and/or upgrade types.
squad_item_slot_ext>num_slots: 2
squad_upgrade_ext>upgrade>upgrades: Change to the upgrade you made

So in conclusion here's what happens:
On spawn fallschirm are giving 1 FG42 slot item. The second FG42 is given from the requirement_action since it detects there are 2 or more members but only 1 FG42.
When the fallschirms die and there are no free units to swap the slot item to it will drop the invisible FG42.
When reinforced back to 2 it will be given an additional FG42 slot item.
The upgrade allows for the 3rd and 4th members to receive slot items.

I'll continue to try and find the cause for this problem as the fix is neither flawless nor simple. Hopefully the mod isn't corrupted or something.

I use to have a lot of custom weapon in my mod but then i notice the bug. Changeing back to vanila weapon profile seem to mostly solve the issue to i roll back. Now there are also bug in the vanila game.

Still, thank you for the fix, i kind of get the concept but it seem too much work for a large scale mod and for me, so i think i will stick with vanila weapons.
1 Oct 2022, 22:18 PM
Modmaker Badge

I forgot to mention if the squad has all of its members change weapons then it becomes much simpler.

1. Add another hardpoint 1 in ebps for the weapon you want.
2. Make a requirement_action where if the squad has upgraded and the active weapon is the default one, change_active_weapon to the other hardpoint 1.
2 Oct 2022, 03:15 AM

I forgot to mention if the squad has all of its members change weapons then it becomes much simpler.

1. Add another hardpoint 1 in ebps for the weapon you want.
2. Make a requirement_action where if the squad has upgraded and the active weapon is the default one, change_active_weapon to the other hardpoint 1.

I do know about this but some weapon like lmg simply can not be given more than two per squad
2 Oct 2022, 07:59 AM
Modmaker Badge

Yeah unfortunately if it's not 1 or all then you will have to use the previous method I explained.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★