Login

russian armor

Make Multiplayer COH3 free to play to save the franchise.

8 Mar 2022, 01:39 AM

no thx, i don't want unlimited smurfs and hackers in coh3

smurfing in CoH and most other games is already 100% free because of Steam Family Share.

And the latter is best to be avoided by a good automatic cheat detection system, no matter if the game is free or not.... instead of banning them and praying that they don't buy the game again for 5$ on some steam keys site.

Would love to see the business model from e. g. Halo: Infinite in CoH3. Multiplayer is free, but you have to pay for the Campaign/Singleplayer content and for battlepass
8 Mar 2022, 06:49 AM

Multiplayer could have some assets free to play like custom games, this could serve as demo for new players willing to give a try, obviously they could also be limited in their parameters like in number of game played per day, maps or cosmetics available. The rest could then be unlocked by paying the game/suscription.
8 Mar 2022, 13:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2022, 21:56 PMSolar.
No dealing with cheaters is difficult enough for massive companies like valve and riot, if coh goes f2p that just means cheaters don't have to risk anything if they get caught. I still get regular games in coh2 for 2v2 and was doing okay at getting 1v1's recently and coh2 is almost 9 years old. Most dedicated or interested players will buy coh3 at full price but they'll eventually be sales or the price will drop for late adopters.

Wrong.

It's one thing to be interested in a game and a whole other shelling 60$ for it. Let's face it Relic is not AAA-grade (yet, I hope) so asking 60$ for an RTS is impossible and a death sentence for the game.
8 Mar 2022, 13:06 PM

Would love to see the business model from e. g. Halo: Infinite in CoH3. Multiplayer is free, but you have to pay for the Campaign/Singleplayer content and for battlepass

Perfect.
8 Mar 2022, 13:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2022, 06:49 AMEsxile
Multiplayer could have some assets free to play like custom games, this could serve as demo for new players willing to give a try, obviously they could also be limited in their parameters like in number of game played per day, maps or cosmetics available. The rest could then be unlocked by paying the game/suscription.

Nah just make MP completely F2P and introduce something like crates or paid skins or shit like that.
8 Mar 2022, 13:09 PM

And let's be real arguments like "OMG, introducing so many players will make hackers and smurfs WORSE!" is like not wanting a tractor to plow your fields and instead prefer handmade ones because "tractors are more expensive and demanding in terms of fuel and maintenance"

like duh when you scale up there are many problems arising out of it but is it better to scale down year after year after year? Come on people.
8 Mar 2022, 13:35 PM

As an player I like the idea of coh3 having F2P MP. Let's face it, basedsecretary said it, nobody will bought 60$ for a strategy game and less for a niche one that is coh. About the cheater problem, I do play a lot of csgo and pubg and one way to deal with cheaters is to make the ranked mode wich are the ones where cheating make sens atteignable at a certain lvl. EG if coh2 went free for MP people would have to be like rank 50 before having the possibility of ranked matches. And from py personnal experience, I have had very few games paired with cheaters. So I like the idea of free MP.
8 Mar 2022, 14:14 PM

As an player I like the idea of coh3 having F2P MP. Let's face it, basedsecretary said it, nobody will bought 60$ for a strategy game and less for a niche one that is coh. About the cheater problem, I do play a lot of csgo and pubg and one way to deal with cheaters is to make the ranked mode wich are the ones where cheating make sens atteignable at a certain lvl. EG if coh2 went free for MP people would have to be like rank 50 before having the possibility of ranked matches. And from py personnal experience, I have had very few games paired with cheaters. So I like the idea of free MP.

Wrong, I'll buy the game. But if it will be interesting to me. Whether the game is FTP, but it will be the same USA and Britain against Germany for the third time. This is not interesting to me, FTP does not make the game more interesting and attractive. If a person doesn't like this setting and the FTP mechanics won't attract people to the game. CoH is a niche game with a stable fanbase. The same games include Man of War.
8 Mar 2022, 14:18 PM

Wrong, I'll buy the game. But if it will be interesting to me. Whether the game is FTP, but it will be the same USA and Britain against Germany for the third time. This is not interesting to me, FTP does not make the game more interesting and attractive. If a person doesn't like this setting and the FTP mechanics won't attract people to the game. CoH is a niche game with a stable fanbase. The same games include Man of War.

This is your personal preference and it is duly respected. That does not go for everyone though.

Comparing COH to Man of War is basically giving it a death sentece seeing that the last time Man of War had 1k players was 1500 years ago. That I disagree with.

It's 2022. Nobody takes RTS seriously anymore and it's due to this mindset that this happens.
8 Mar 2022, 14:24 PM

I didnt mean nobody will buy it, I mean if someone is curious about the game 60 buck is too much. But the idea of free Multiplayer might drag a lot of new player that can revitalize the player base and give a nwe breath to the franchise. OFC hardcore players like you and me will buy the game. But for it to expand further us i think that free MP is a good idead. Otherwise I fear will have the same playerbase issues that coh2 already has.
8 Mar 2022, 14:47 PM

This is your personal preference and it is duly respected. That does not go for everyone though.

Comparing COH to Man of War is basically giving it a death sentece seeing that the last time Man of War had 1k players was 1500 years ago. That I disagree with.

It's 2022. Nobody takes RTS seriously anymore and it's due to this mindset that this happens.

Companies don't take AAA seriously. As shown online Age of Empire 2 and 4 (about 40,000 picks per day online) Warhammer Total War 3. Strategy games buy and play. This is not beneficial for AAA companies and publications that want millions and millions of dollars by selling the game service and giving some skins. RTS is not suitable for this model.
8 Mar 2022, 15:51 PM

Companies don't take AAA seriously. As shown online Age of Empire 2 and 4 (about 40,000 picks per day online) Warhammer Total War 3. Strategy games buy and play. This is not beneficial for AAA companies and publications that want millions and millions of dollars by selling the game service and giving some skins. RTS is not suitable for this model.

I disagree for the exact same reasons I posted above. No need to rewrite the same stuff.

Any multiplayer game in 2022 that is not F2P or P2W is destined to be dead in 2-3 years. That's just the state of the market. Some companies can take such a gamble (because they say that in 3 years they are going to have a new title) but I think Relic cannot.
8 Mar 2022, 16:47 PM

8 Mar 2022, 16:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2022, 16:47 PMGrim

Nice attempt at sarcasm. Enjoy playing a game with max 1k players daily.
8 Mar 2022, 17:45 PM

FTP does not automatically make the game popular and with great online. Man of War 2: Arena is an attempt at FTP which failed because the FTP mechanics are not suitable for RTS. And the old Man of War 2 still has stable online.

Stop fixing what isn't broken.
8 Mar 2022, 18:16 PM

FTP does not automatically make the game popular and with great online. Man of War 2: Arena is an attempt at FTP which failed because the FTP mechanics are not suitable for RTS. And the old Man of War 2 still has stable online.

If you do not consider the current abysmal playerbase for COH2 a problem, then with all due respect I cannot discuss this further with you.
8 Mar 2022, 18:32 PM

Perfect.

They wouldn't make any money. I've played 2k hours and I touched one campaign mission and two Theater of War missions. The latter of which I never would have played had my friend not asked me, and the former I never would have played if I hadn't already paid for it.
8 Mar 2022, 18:46 PM

Ok
8 Mar 2022, 18:52 PM

If you do not consider the current abysmal playerbase for COH2 a problem, then with all due respect I cannot discuss this further with you.

there's a steady amount of 6000 to 7000 players, its not a dying game
8 Mar 2022, 19:28 PM

Also Relic tried that already with CoH Online

and tried to appease MoBA people with DoW 3

Both horrible fails, gameplay- and businesswise
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak