Login

russian armor

At the end the modding team didn’t balance the game.

17 Mar 2022, 07:45 AM

OP sturm tiger:
- Can reload after nuking because it cant no longer decrew. Yes, due to this buff, ST rate of fire become to rialably for 160 fuel 8 CP heavy tank unit.
- got 40 range shot at vet.
- Instant shot bug
- 240 armor but too much HP. that's mean it can nuke 1 AT and got away.
17 Mar 2022, 14:53 PM

They made it so that the Sturmtiger doesn't decrew if you get hit while reloading and making the projectile a lot more reliable.

Who would've thunk that sturmtiger without the downsides would be OP /s

I don't know if you agree with me or not, I am just saying that Sturmtiger was never OP as people here claim.
17 Mar 2022, 14:53 PM

Again you are completely wrong. They changed multiple stats, the fuck u talking about? THey nerfed its firing range a while ago, removed a bunch of criticals, reduced the damage, etc. You literally couldnt be more wrong about that

Patch notes or gtfo.
17 Mar 2022, 15:46 PM

Patch notes or gtfo.

its literally the last patch notes or so
17 Mar 2022, 18:17 PM

Patch notes or gtfo.

But I thought u played OKW since release....?

Whatever, no problem:

https://www.coh2.org/topic/4307/coh2-changelog/post/645581

Sturmtiger
The Sturmtiger is being adjusted to better match its performance to its cost while making it more consistent.

- Cost from 560/160 to 620/180
- Damage from 640 to 580
- Random criticals removed; now only stuns vehicles on hit
- Can no longer fire through buildings; projectile will collide with large obstacles/vehicles
- Range from 45 to 40
- Reload from 50 to 40
- Abandon chance during reload from 50% to 25%; abandon only occurs from ballistic weapons
- Veterancy requirements reduced by 33%
- Veterancy 1 NaHW Grenade far damage from 0.05 to 0.25; radius from 5 to 4.5; penetration from 23 to 15

ST has gone thru multiple rounds of nerfs over the years. It used to be even dumber than it was recently. "Played since release" lol okay bub

17 Mar 2022, 21:27 PM

But I thought u played OKW since release....?

Whatever, no problem:

https://www.coh2.org/topic/4307/coh2-changelog/post/645581

Sturmtiger
The Sturmtiger is being adjusted to better match its performance to its cost while making it more consistent.

- Cost from 560/160 to 620/180
- Damage from 640 to 580
- Random criticals removed; now only stuns vehicles on hit
- Can no longer fire through buildings; projectile will collide with large obstacles/vehicles
- Range from 45 to 40
- Reload from 50 to 40
- Abandon chance during reload from 50% to 25%; abandon only occurs from ballistic weapons
- Veterancy requirements reduced by 33%
- Veterancy 1 NaHW Grenade far damage from 0.05 to 0.25; radius from 5 to 4.5; penetration from 23 to 15

ST has gone thru multiple rounds of nerfs over the years. It used to be even dumber than it was recently. "Played since release" lol okay bub

LMAO you got the patch notes from the 2017 update. This forum has been whining about ST even in late 2021. See the last patch to sturmtiger to realize what I am talking about.
17 Mar 2022, 21:37 PM

LMAO you got the patch notes from the 2017 update. This forum has been whining about ST even in late 2021. See the last patch to sturmtiger to realize what I am talking about.

Then why did u say this:

I have been playing OKW since its release.

STurmtiger was never as bad as this forum claims to have been, and never was "the gold standard" of unbalancing.

U are clearly talking about more than 2021, and either way ur full of shit

That it was patched multiple times over the years shows that it was clearly broken even in the eyes of the ppl who originally designed it....

Also goes to show that Relic deserves more blame than the balance team

17 Mar 2022, 21:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2022, 18:34 PMMMX

Though I fail to grasp why anyone could come to the conclusion that the patches overall did the game more harm than good.

COH 2 has an asymmetrical design.

Asymmetrical Definition : having parts or aspects that are not equal or equivalent

This means that each faction has unique strengths or weaknesses. Balance team decided to remove the "Strengths" of most factions thinking that it would make the game more balanced when it in fact did nothing more destroy faction identity.

Let us take OKW for example. I can list many examples with different factions but OKW is the easiest to point out. They are the only faction with a unique veterancy system being the only faction with 5 levels of veterancy. They nerfed 5 star Vet to be equal to 3 Star Vet of equivalent factions...so why do they still have 5 vet levels? They might as well make it 3 as its just there for superficial fluff and would make the game more consistent.

OKW also lacked basic tools like an MG, though they were able to get it via a commander. So why is it that they give OKW basic tools, but USF still does not have non doctrinal artillery?

If the balance team was going to go down this route then they should have ensured that all factions had the bare minimum tools without requiring Commanders instead of cherry picking what they wanted added to their favorite factions while leaving others ignored or they could have gone the other route and locked basic tools behind commanders for all factions in an equal way.

Everything that the balance team has done was half assed at best and the only good things they did were the bug fixes. Every single balance patch that they added had something extremely overpowered in it which required a hotfix afterwards usually due to some overpowered Axis things (B4 being the exception).

I would have preferred if they didn't touch balance at all and just focused on making fancy commander portraits and bug fixes, especially when they are responsible for half the maps in the game which are usually some of the worst designed/imbalanced maps in the game. In COH 1 I didn't mind playing any of the maps in the game. COH 2 half the maps should be banned and you will see most players have the maximum amount of map vetos selected for good reason.
18 Mar 2022, 10:22 AM

Asymmetrical Definition : having parts or aspects that are not equal or equivalent

This means that each faction has unique strengths or weaknesses. Balance team decided to remove the "Strengths" of most factions thinking that it would make the game more balanced when it in fact did nothing more destroy faction identity.

Let us take OKW for example. I can list many examples with different factions but OKW is the easiest to point out. They are the only faction with a unique veterancy system being the only faction with 5 levels of veterancy. They nerfed 5 star Vet to be equal to 3 Star Vet of equivalent factions...so why do they still have 5 vet levels? They might as well make it 3 as its just there for superficial fluff and would make the game more consistent.

OKW also lacked basic tools like an MG, though they were able to get it via a commander. So why is it that they give OKW basic tools, but USF still does not have non doctrinal artillery?

If the balance team was going to go down this route then they should have ensured that all factions had the bare minimum tools without requiring Commanders instead of cherry picking what they wanted added to their favorite factions while leaving others ignored or they could have gone the other route and locked basic tools behind commanders for all factions in an equal way.

Everything that the balance team has done was half assed at best and the only good things they did were the bug fixes. Every single balance patch that they added had something extremely overpowered in it which required a hotfix afterwards usually due to some overpowered Axis things (B4 being the exception).

I would have preferred if they didn't touch balance at all and just focused on making fancy commander portraits and bug fixes, especially when they are responsible for half the maps in the game which are usually some of the worst designed/imbalanced maps in the game. In COH 1 I didn't mind playing any of the maps in the game. COH 2 half the maps should be banned and you will see most players have the maximum amount of map vetos selected for good reason.

wasn't it relic decision to give MG to OKW?. Im pretty sure balance team tried to consider non doc arty options for USF but relic blocked any changes (like making callopie non doc). I would not blame the balance team fully since relic often tied there hands and its unjust of you to call that cherry picking. Yes there was some changes that proved to be OP and they hotfixed them so whats the problem? ofc nothing is going to be perfect when changes are made and for ANY game multiple iterations will be needed, this is common sense.
18 Mar 2022, 14:59 PM

Then why did u say this:

U are clearly talking about more than 2021, and either way ur full of shit

That it was patched multiple times over the years shows that it was clearly broken even in the eyes of the ppl who originally designed it....

Also goes to show that Relic deserves more blame than the balance team

Still no. Sturmtiger was always a very good unit, but never OP.

70% of the times you called in a ST, a P4J was needed most. And if you even wanted to shoot a T34 with ST, it would have reversed to Moscow before the shell was out. Not to mention that in earlier patches (that you are so fond of) if you shot at the crew while reloading the vehicle would abandon.

So no, it was never broken. At least to decent players.
18 Mar 2022, 15:01 PM

+1000. I almost always forget how trully awful the current map pool (sponsored by Balance Team <444>333333) has been since 2015.

Especially 2v2, oh man....
18 Mar 2022, 16:02 PM

Still no. Sturmtiger was always a very good unit, but never OP.

Objectively wrong, it was nerfed several times

And if you even wanted to shoot a T34 with ST, it would have reversed to Moscow before the shell was out.

Uhh u could literally fire it from the FOW. THats why they nerfed the range.....

Not to mention that in earlier patches (that you are so fond of) if you shot at the crew while reloading the vehicle would abandon.

Yeah and even that wasnt enough to balance it. Tells u how broken it was

So no, it was never broken. At least to decent players.

LOL which you are one of? Piss off

Decent players dont hide their playercard
18 Mar 2022, 16:04 PM

Decent players dont hide their playercard

The only reason I "hide" my playercard is that I am afraid someone will report my behavior for the games that I do play (I destroy bases if I get angry, curse badly etc) and I will lose my game.

Also, if you really want a playercard to judge someone's arguments you are coping badly sadly. Ad hominem's are by default the most prevalent coping mechanism in the world rn.

Kisses xoxoxo.
18 Mar 2022, 16:09 PM

The only reason I "hide" my playercard is that I am afraid someone will report my behavior for the games that I do play (I destroy bases if I get angry, curse badly etc) and I will lose my game.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol: THat is the least surprising thing ive ever read

Also, if you really want a playercard to judge someone's arguments you are coping badly sadly. Ad hominem's are by default the most prevalent coping mechanism in the world rn.

Kisses xoxoxo.

Your the one who said "it was never OP to decent players". Cant back that up without decent players, and nobody believes u are one lmao. Especially if ur destroying tm8s bases :facepalm:

U do realize pros tested the patches yea? ANd gave feedback to the modteam....
18 Mar 2022, 16:14 PM

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol: THat is the least surprising thing ive ever read

Your the one who said "it was never OP to decent players". Cant back that up without decent players, and nobody believes u are one lmao. Especially if ur destroying tm8s bases :facepalm:

U do realize pros tested the patches yea? ANd gave feedback to the modteam....

I never asked anybody to believe I am a decent player, though I consider myself one. I play COH2 whenever I can and RL situations allow. However I enjoy talking about COH2 rather than playing it. That's not necessarily a bad thing, and definitely would not make my arguments invalid.

It's like saying you cannot talk about politics unless you have a phd, or cannot talk about military unless you are an officer. Ridiculous and childish.
18 Mar 2022, 16:16 PM

I never asked anybody to believe I am a decent player, though I consider myself one. I play COH2 whenever I can and RL situations allow. However I enjoy talking about COH2 rather than playing it. That's not necessarily a bad thing, and definitely would not make my arguments invalid.

It's like saying you cannot talk about politics unless you have a phd, or cannot talk about military unless you are an officer. Ridiculous and childish.

I didnt say it made ur arguments invalid. Just this one argument:

"It was never OP to decent players"

U have literally zero evidence of this. Meanwhile plenty of evidence shows that it was broken, such as the numerous nerfs it recieved....

18 Mar 2022, 16:20 PM

I didnt say it made ur arguments invalid. Just this one argument:

"It was never OP to decent players"

U have literally zero evidence of this. Meanwhile plenty of evidence shows that it was broken, such as the numerous nerfs it recieved....

Maybe it shows that unit was OP OR that the balance team were a bunch of crybabies who could not bother to build 2 ATGs or the 140fuel Tank Destroyers allies have and decided to tone it down. To be frank you refer to an update that was made 5 years ago I cannot remember shit about how it was.

That update changed a lot of units. Does not mean everyone of them was OP.

And before you play smart: just because I do not remember what happened 5 years ago does not mean I did not play the game from 2013 or so.
18 Mar 2022, 16:21 PM

Maybe it shows that unit was OP OR that the balance team were a bunch of crybabies

Imagine calling someone else a crybaby when u just admitted to killing tm8s bases cuz u got mad. Memeworthy :clap:
18 Mar 2022, 16:24 PM

Imagine calling someone else a crybaby when u just admitted to killing tm8s bases cuz u got mad. Memeworthy :clap:

LMAO I am proud of destroying my idiots' teammates bases.

What would you do if the game is clearly lost and your teammate is an absolute APE (remember also the many problems with matchmaker I have repeatedly talked about) and votes to not surrender.

What would you do, especially when the playtime you have is limited?

If you say "Fight it out" you are a liar.
18 Mar 2022, 16:26 PM

LMAO I am proud of destroying my idiots' teammates bases.

What would you do if the game is clearly lost and your teammate is an absolute APE (remember also the many problems with matchmaker I have repeatedly talked about) and votes to not surrender.

What would you do, especially when the playtime you have is limited?

If you say "Fight it out" you are a liar.

Surrender, quit, or yes sometimes fight it out

Never once have i even considered trying to kill my tm8s base, no matter how bad they are

U should rly stop trying to make that seem normal. ITs pathetic, theres a reason u get banned for it
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★