Login

russian armor

Raid section and 2x Vickers-K upgrade

23 Feb 2022, 22:07 PM

the commander has decent potential, but Raid Sections just don't cut it. If you could split the upgrade, that would have been much better.

I one split the upgrade then they will be able to combine Vicker-K and Bren or Piat, which might be something the MOD team might want to avoid.
24 Feb 2022, 00:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2022, 22:07 PMVipper

I one split the upgrade then they will be able to combine Vicker-K and Bren or Piat, which might be something the MOD team might want to avoid.

there's not a single positive benefit to mixing brens and vicker Ks

not
a
single
benefit. weaker short range firepower, weaker long range firepower, absolutely a mess

LET ALONE nerfing your own anti infantry by picking up a single piat!
24 Feb 2022, 07:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2022, 00:08 AMKatukov

there's not a single positive benefit to mixing brens and vicker Ks

not
a
single
benefit. weaker short range firepower, weaker long range firepower, absolutely a mess

LET ALONE nerfing your own anti infantry by picking up a single piat!

Yes the is no positive benefit of picking an M1919 and a BAR for riflemen either or is there?

Nice theory but false...
25 Feb 2022, 06:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2022, 07:28 AMVipper

Yes the is no positive benefit of picking an M1919 and a BAR for riflemen either or is there?

Nice theory but false...

If it is possible to pick up two 1919 then yes. No insane person would pick up bar to save 10 muni.

But we both know we can't do that. And bar provides plenty of positive benefit over default weapon so your comparison doesn't make sense at all.
25 Feb 2022, 07:58 AM

If it is possible to pick up two 1919 then yes. No insane person would pick up bar to save 10 muni.

But we both know we can't do that.

One can already do that with Raid section, one can pick 2 LMG (brens) or 2 "assault rifles" (vickers) what one can not do is pick a combination of weapons.

And bar provides plenty of positive benefit over defualt weapon so your comparison doesn't make sense at all.

Read at the context and as of what you have pointed out about BARS does also apply to picking Bren or V-K.

Picking 2 Bren UKF units (accept commandos) long range static unit, picking 2 Vickers make them mid range oriented with decent moving DPS and combining the two make the unit a flexible all around unit.

In sort there are benefits not matter which roots one follows.
25 Feb 2022, 09:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2022, 07:58 AMVipper

One can already do that with Raid section, one can pick 2 LMG (brens) or 2 "assault rifles" (vickers) what one can not do is pick a combination of weapons.

I quite don't follow you.

When you say "Yes the is no positive benefit of picking an M1919 and a BAR for riflemen either or is there?
Nice theory but false..."

you tried to point out that nowadays riflemen picks up both M1919 & BAR at the same time to be stronger inf. right?

I'm just pointing out that the reason behind of combination of both two weapon is because picking up two M1919 is prohibited ATM due to balance issue. If it was allowed, all would have pick two M1919.

I hope we are on the same page so far.

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2022, 07:58 AMVipper
Read at the context and as of what you have pointed out about BARS does also apply to picking Bren or V-K.

Picking 2 Bren UKF units (accept commandos) long range static unit, picking 2 Vickers make them mid range oriented with decent moving DPS and combining the two make the unit a flexible all around unit.

In sort there are benefits not matter which roots one follows.

AFAIK UKF still can mix V-K with bren from M3 supply half truck.
And trust me, V-K is always better choice to use when you have option to pick one, There is a reason for bren cost 45 muni.

If https://coh2.serealia.ca/ still is correct, V-K also provides higher dps in long range than bren, and ables to fire while in move.

So yes, I second @Katukov on the fact that "there's not a single positive benefit to mixing brens and vicker Ks

not
a
single
benefit."

Just pick V-K when you can. Unless you are absolutely can't pay for that extra 15 muni. (Which is never)
25 Feb 2022, 09:56 AM

I quite don't follow you.

When you say "Yes the is no positive benefit of picking an M1919 and a BAR for riflemen either or is there?
Nice theory but false..."

you tried to point out that nowadays riflemen picks up both M1919 & BAR at the same time to be stronger inf. right?

I'm just pointing out that the reason behind of combination of both two weapon is because picking up two M1919 is prohibited ATM due to balance issue. If it was allowed, all would have pick two M1919.

I hope we are on the same page so far.

Duel M1919 are better at along range and at static play.
1+1 one make the unit more flexible since it has better DPS on the move and mid/close.

AFAIK UKF still can mix V-K with bren from M3 supply half truck.
And trust me, V-K is always better choice to use when you have option to pick one, There is a reason for bren cost 45 muni.

If https://coh2.serealia.ca/ still is correct, V-K also provides higher dps in long range than bren, and ables to fire while in move.

So yes, I second @Katukov on the fact that "there's not a single positive benefit to mixing brens and vicker Ks

not
a
single
benefit."

Just pick V-K when you can. Unless you are absolutely can't pay for that extra 15 muni. (Which is never)

It is not correct Vicker-K is a BAR clone so it is inferior to Bren at long range.

"Vickers K Light Machine Gun

To differentiate this weapon from the Bren Light Machine Gun, the Vickers K is being tuned to a weapon capable of fighting at medium and short-range that can also be fired on the move.

Vickers K can now fire on the move with 60% moving accuracy, -25% weapon cooldown and -25% weapon burst.
Weapon no longer wants to go prone when out of cover.
DPS at ranges 0/10/15/20/25/30/35: 12.53/10.81/8.44/7.13/5.99/4.93/3.97"
25 Feb 2022, 10:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2022, 09:56 AMVipper

Duel M1919 are better at along range and at static play.
1+1 one make the unit more flexible since it has better DPS on the move and mid/close.

Okay... I guess?
I thought no one would pick 1+1 when you can have double M1919. But okay. Everyone can have different opinion.
Just hopes to see that from oponenet side than my side. :)

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2022, 09:56 AMVipper

It is not correct Vicker-K is a BAR clone so it is inferior to Bren at long range.

"Vickers K Light Machine Gun

To differentiate this weapon from the Bren Light Machine Gun, the Vickers K is being tuned to a weapon capable of fighting at medium and short-range that can also be fired on the move.

Vickers K can now fire on the move with 60% moving accuracy, -25% weapon cooldown and -25% weapon burst.
Weapon no longer wants to go prone when out of cover.
DPS at ranges 0/10/15/20/25/30/35: 12.53/10.81/8.44/7.13/5.99/4.93/3.97"

Kinda new it would be so. Thanks for double ckecking.
25 Feb 2022, 10:04 AM

Okay... I guess?
I thought no one would pick 1+1 when you can have double M1919. But okay. Everyone can have different opinion.
Just hopes to see that from oponenet side than my side. :)

It has to do with one how wants to use his units and one is not forced to equip all his units in a similar fashion.

Kinda new it would be so. Thanks for double ckecking.

You are welcomed.
25 Feb 2022, 13:26 PM

the commander has decent potential, but Raid Sections just don't cut it. If you could split the upgrade, that would have been much better.

They're decent, but everyone is used to call-in infantry simply being superior or even OP.

The main problem with Raid Sections is that they don't have an AT nade like other mainlines, needing to pay 120 muni at one shot is just an additional pain point.

It's actually still a very decent commander with command vehicle, weapon drop, and croc
1 Mar 2022, 18:31 PM

The main problem with Raid Sections is that they don't have an AT nade like other mainlines

No UKF mainline has snare, it's the biggest problem right now with the faction along with the bolster mechanic.
16 Mar 2022, 04:41 AM

First of all don't bother even using this unit. It's nothing more than an worse Infantry Section. You'd think they could cloak or something but no.
16 Mar 2022, 04:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2022, 10:15 AMVipper

Because they are mid oriented and not close and there damage is fine for cost.

In addition on choose a commander and not a single unit.

We all learned from USF Riflemen that "mid-range" just means they suck at long range and CQB. This unit looks cool but is pointless.
16 Mar 2022, 07:13 AM

and dont upgrade them with Vicker K since it only have 25% moving acc :D
16 Mar 2022, 19:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2022, 04:44 AMCODGUY

We all learned from USF Riflemen that "mid-range" just means they suck at long range and CQB. This unit looks cool but is pointless.

By your same logic long infatry suck at mid range and close range and SMG troops suck at mid and long range.

On the other hand USF have higher win rates than both Ostheer okw and so riflemen do not actually "suck".

And you completely missed the point of what you have quoted which was a response to question.
16 Mar 2022, 23:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2022, 07:28 AMVipper

Nice theory but false...

But we both know we can't do that. And bar provides plenty of positive benefit over default weapon so your comparison doesn't make sense at all.

No no. Vipper is right. Riflemen were restricted from getting 2 M1919s as a BUFF not a NERF so that new players wouldn't make the noob mistake of getting two instead of the objectively better M1919 and BAR combo.
17 Mar 2022, 00:11 AM

No no. Vipper is right. Riflemen were restricted from getting 2 M1919s as a BUFF not a NERF so that new players wouldn't make the noob mistake of getting two instead of the objectively better M1919 and BAR combo.

I never said that allowing 1 only a single M1919 was a buff. PLS do not attribute to me what you come up.
17 Mar 2022, 02:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2022, 00:11 AMVipper

I never said that allowing 1 only a single M1919 was a buff. PLS do not attribute to me what you come up.

It's called a joke, Vipper.

I am seriously having doubts on your humanity at this point. You are second to none when it comes to statistics, but you need to ask your programmer for a firmware update or something because your social analysis algorithms are lacking.

And yes, Vipper, before you start writing a response to this one too, this is also a joke.
17 Mar 2022, 08:29 AM

It's called a joke, Vipper.

I am seriously having doubts on your humanity at this point. You are second to none when it comes to statistics, but you need to ask your programmer for a firmware update or something because your social analysis algorithms are lacking.

And yes, Vipper, before you start writing a response to this one too, this is also a joke.

You post creates the illusion that I post something I did not and it can very easily be some people actually believe that I posted something like that.

In addition I did not find it funny, if it included a bartender and parrot it could had been funnier.

PLS do not make jokes involving quotes of me because it kind of forces me to respond or at the very least include a (it's a joke) in the end. You would be surprised how many people take "jokes" seriously in this forum.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 82

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight