Login

russian armor

Addressing the issue of ELO-hell.

PAGES (13)down
15 Feb 2022, 23:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2022, 23:26 PMTomy0
I meant that you are a random and you have the according level.

Maybe Storm is not native english, but you can't read between the lines

You didnt read any of the previous posts either.
15 Feb 2022, 23:28 PM

Your team has a 3 "random" chances to get bad players if you are a good player.
The enemy has 4 "random" chances to get bad players.
Given enough games that difference will make itself clear.
15 Feb 2022, 23:29 PM

Your team has a 3 "random" chances to get bad players if you are a good player.
The enemy has 4 "random" chances to get bad players.
Given enough games that difference will make itself clear.

Yes this is the whole point. How many games do you think the average player will lose before they delete the game?

With Relics shit match making, you are looking at losing streaks of 7-15 games for some people.
15 Feb 2022, 23:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2022, 23:29 PMRosbone

Yes this is the whole point. How many games do you think the average player will lose before they delete the game?

With Relics shit match making, you are looking at losing streaks of 7-15 games for some people.

How is the matchmaking more shit for you than the random guy on the other team consistently though?

"Lose 10% of games to bug splats.
- Lose 10% to AFKs.
- Lose 5% to map spawns.
- Lose 5% to RNG.
- Lose 40% to match making."
All of this evens out to roughly 50/50 more favorable if you dont AFK and restart after every game.
15 Feb 2022, 23:46 PM

"With the current state of the game and MM, I /L out of about 3 out of 5 games. Stuck in ELO hell just due to the MM."

You are not stuck in elo hell.
You are stuck in the salt caves and if you would see these games out you would slowly crawl out of the illusionary elo hell.
15 Feb 2022, 23:49 PM

How is the matchmaking more shit for you than the random guy on the other team consistently though?

"Lose 10% of games to bug splats.
- Lose 10% to AFKs.
- Lose 5% to map spawns.
- Lose 5% to RNG.
- Lose 40% to match making."
All of this evens out to roughly 50/50 more favorable if you dont AFK and restart after every game.

What I am saying is theoretically you CAN play 10 games.
- 1 to 3 games you CAN lose to a bug splat on your team.
- 1 to 2 games you CAN lose because you have an AFK team mate.
- 1 to 2 games you CAN lose to RNG like arty erasing your army.
- 2 to 10 games you CAN lose to shit match making.

So you end up with people getting loss streaks of 7 - 15 games.

The percentage numbers above are averages you will see if you play enough games for the data to average itself out.

I am not saying ALL players are in ELO hell and lose these numbers. I am saying many people are. And it is avoidable if Relic would help us out with a server update.

50/50 chance does not mean you will win every other game.

15 Feb 2022, 23:50 PM

"With the current state of the game and MM, I /L out of about 3 out of 5 games. Stuck in ELO hell just due to the MM."

Yes, this is called CELO. You will know within 2 minutes if the game is a win or loss.
15 Feb 2022, 23:55 PM

guys I need help, I lost my friend Rosbone, he looks like this -> help me to find him pls
16 Feb 2022, 00:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2022, 23:50 PMRosbone

Yes, this is called CELO. You will know within 2 minutes if the game is a win or loss.

Not really there are plenty of horrible players with 45% winrate in high ranks 4v4 just because they played many games.
Just like there are 65% winrate players at rank 500 and below making their way up.
I will take the guy with a 65% winrate even though celo would tell me he is worse.

And people will just have to cope with losing streaks. The winning streaks will come.
16 Feb 2022, 00:05 AM

So if you got me OKW 68% winrate rank 650 on your team and enemy USF 51% winrate rank 13 on the other you would tap out destroying my winrate. You sound like the one keeping others in elo hell tbh.
16 Feb 2022, 00:05 AM

guys I need help, I lost my friend Rosbone, he looks like this -> help me to find him pls

Hey! Where did you get my picture! LOL that is awesome! Well played!
16 Feb 2022, 00:28 AM

Well I guess the cat is out of the bag. Updated my profile pic.
16 Feb 2022, 04:50 AM

Look. Here is even more examples of Axis being OP compared to SOV at the moment. Just played this game. Kappa

16 Feb 2022, 04:52 AM

Tl;dr: Skill issue, git gud if you wanna get higher ranks.

It has its truth, but honestly I think that this aurgument is flawed for teamgames. For instance your aurgument will be correct if we take either low end or high end player brackets.

In other words, say legit rank 1-100 can outplay and carry against rank 250-500 rank. But say you are in a bracket of thouse 250-500 rank players. You know how to play and you even will be able to carry against rank 800-1000+ players.

To put it into the perspective, say my legit rank is 500, I was fucked up by first 10 games and got rank 1500. At some point, I will be able to carry games and fight even 3+ opponents by my own dispite having bad teammates, but the rooftop of my skill at this point in time is significatly lower then it is for the top players, meaning that essentually the closer I will be getting to my legit rank, the less are the chances that I will be able to carry games.

To put it more simply, the range of games you can carry is highly dependant on your skill, but it doesnt reflect your rank what so ever. I might be able to win the game against equal opponents, with equal teammates, but at the same time I might not be able to carry really bad teammates even against equally bad opponents, because I am not as good to do so.

Essentually, top players in teamgames are able to get to the top, because their skill allows them to carry wider range of possible opponents and teammates alike. Average joe on the other hand, might be rank 600 skillwise, but he most likely never will be able to climb over rank 1000, just because he is not good enouth to carry rank 1000 teammates.

I mean, your aurgument is true here, that he have to get gud. But then whole rank system is pointless, since you are not being placed into fair games in a first place, therefore your skill is based not on how you individually play, but rather how bad enemy\teammate have to be in order for you to win games by carrying them.

And the main question here is, is it fair for the this average joe to be placed at lower ranks, just because he his skill isnt good enouth to carry other players, dispite him possibly wining the game if it was fair skillwise?

Its legit to say "dont play randoms then, you know what you are getting youself into", it will be fair to some extend. But its not like the problem isnt fixable at all and objectively player shouldnt be punished by developers who werent able to provide a fair matchmacking system. I think I dont have to be forced to play like rank 100, to be able to be at rank 500.
16 Feb 2022, 06:32 AM

^ This guy gets it.
16 Feb 2022, 06:39 AM

Essentually, top players in teamgames are able to get to the top, because their skill allows them to carry wider range of possible opponents and teammates alike. Average joe on the other hand, might be rank 600 skillwise, but he most likely never will be able to climb over rank 1000, just because he is not good enouth to carry rank 1000 teammates..

Yes, that is an essential skill in teamgames, being able to carry weaker teammates. Therefore in your example the guy who can carry will receive a high rank while a player who individually could have average skill but is bad at carrying will get a potentially lower rank than his skill. It makes perfect sense for 4v4 and it’s not like 4v4 is a competitive game mode.

Seriously, you guys are barking up the wrong tree. If you’re so upset about having to carry teammates, go play 2v2 or 1v1. It’s neither a relic nor a matchmaking issue, it’s in the nature of how casual the 4v4 mode is and how unstable the game is with 64bits and people crashing non stop.
16 Feb 2022, 07:05 AM

It’s neither a relic nor a matchmaking issue

Oh really? These people would like to have a word with a super genius like your self.

I would really love to hear you shoot your mouth off after getting 10 games like this in your little precious 1v1 mode. You whiny ass 1v1 plebs would be all over the place crying like little girls who just got their period.

Us real men, big dick 4v4 players, are not even crying. Just asking for Relic to look at the code. So maybe, just maybe, we can increase the player base a little???
16 Feb 2022, 07:11 AM

And the data just keeps coming in ... Oh look, SOVIETS are getting their holes calibrated in 4v4.

And here I thought Rosbone was just talking out of his ass...

And this is for top 200 players. I dont even want to dream of what 4000 and down looks like.
16 Feb 2022, 07:19 AM

Not really there are plenty of horrible players with 45% winrate in high ranks 4v4 just because they played many games.
Just like there are 65% winrate players at rank 500 and below making their way up.
I will take the guy with a 65% winrate even though celo would tell me he is worse.

And people will just have to cope with losing streaks. The winning streaks will come.

You know CELO will show you win rates also right?

Match begins loading:
1) Look at ranks. If bad /L.
2) Look at other factions and win ratios. If bad /L.
3) Watch your mates first movements and unit selection. If bad /L.
4) Watch 2 or 3 of your team mates go to middle and camp center VP. /L.

Doing this anywhere near Level 6 and you will end up playing 2 out of 5 games. And I have played enough games out to know, you will not win. Maybe 1 out of 10 you can if you get a good spawn.
16 Feb 2022, 07:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2022, 07:05 AMRosbone

Oh really? These people would like to have a word with a super genius like your self.

These games are just outliers and over time as you play more and more you reach an overall balanced average. For every game where you’re on the losing side of this, there’s games where you’re on the winning side. Showing me screenshots of potentially (very important word) lopsided games is absolutely meaningless.

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2022, 07:05 AMRosbone

I would really love to hear you shoot your mouth off after getting 10 games like this in your little precious 1v1 mode. You whiny ass 1v1 plebs would be all over the place crying like little girls who just got their period.

Got Jibber rank 2 USF yday.

Thankfully I don’t /l like a little baby when celo doesn’t show my opponent being lower ranked than me.

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2022, 07:19 AMRosbone

Match begins loading:
1) Look at ranks. If bad /L.
2) Look at other factions and win ratios. If bad /L.
3) Watch your mates first movements and unit selection. If bad /L.
4) Watch 2 or 3 of your team mates go to middle and camp center VP. /L..

Wait, you /l out of 40% of your games? Wtf! Of course your rank is low, that’s an obscene amount of games to /l from!
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS