Login

russian armor

Addressing the issue of ELO-hell.

PAGES (13)down
10 Feb 2022, 22:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2022, 22:15 PMKatukov

The north east strategy to beat port of hamburg:
(with default camera settings in mind:)
for the north spawn of port of hamburg, have two (or three if 4v4) of your allies cluster their forces and strike the western fuel point, once its secured you relocate to middle VP. The most eastern spawn player goes to the east fuel and tries to contest it's capture as much as possible. If the attack (likely) fails, then this weakside player entrenches the middle vp east flank and defends territory points.

use some pings and team chat to TRY and direct some coordination, it does not matter if the enemy micros better than your team, because four idiots with a plan beat 4 normal people

You never want to do that as allies your should always spread the field and contest both fuels. as axis is much better fortifying postions than allies and when you group together your just making a hay day for the inevitable werfer stuka lefh spam. because your all blobbed together.
10 Feb 2022, 22:24 PM

it does not matter if the enemy micros better than your team, because four idiots with a plan beat 4 normal people

That is why we won 3 of the games. Game 4 was a full premade. I warned my team what to expect but they did not listen. I fought 2 guys the whole game by myself and we lost badly because west collapsed. And the west player blamed me for their problems??? Welcome to ELO hell :clap:
10 Feb 2022, 23:26 PM

use some pings and team chat to TRY and direct some coordination [...]

Translation:

PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING *you are pinging too much, please wait 10 seconds!*
GUYS GO OVER THERE FFS
IDDDIOTS
gardenING nice personS
DIE nice person
GO HERE NOOB
PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING *you are pinging too much, please wait 15 seconds!*
OMG GO THERE WHAT ARE YOU DOING
YOU ARE COSTING US THE GAME gardenING dude pudding ON YOUR GRAVE
I HOPE YOU DIE A SLOW AND PAINFUL DEATH YOU gardenING puppydude
*to all* GG MY TEAM IS FULL OF gardening dudeS

source: personal experience
10 Feb 2022, 23:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2022, 22:20 PMRocket

You never want to do that as allies your should always spread the field and contest both fuels. as axis is much better fortifying postions than allies and when you group together your just making a hay day for the inevitable werfer stuka lefh spam. because your all blobbed together.

you dont fight lefh and stuka minute 1

you overwhelm the wehr/okw forces at the west fuel (it is faster to reach for the specific North west side)

after securing the fuel you play normally, you simply just need a fuel point to be in the game
11 Feb 2022, 05:57 AM

Simple solution: Play in a premade for good games.

Hard to organise games of 4 players but those games area infinitely better than queuing random.

I'm also a braindead random queuer. I think there needs to be at least 1 Soviet in the team because playing without any rocket arty in 4s is death. As allies: Always choose artillery counter because a game without arty counter is annoying and possibly also death. Unfortunately that restricts commander choices by a lot.

My other recommendation is always get MG. MGs are the easiest value multipliers especially in team games where you have more squads to suppress which unironically is why Axis are so strong especially on maps like Red Ball and White Ball. Even if the MG only suppress 1 squad, thats value. 2 squads is more value. 3 squads you've won the game. Its really easy to suppress 2+ squads if you're microing the MG squad.

11 Feb 2022, 15:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2022, 22:20 PMRocket

didn't read what i wrote properly

you cap the initial fuel and play normally, otherwise you will be without a fuel AND still get hit by indirects. its more reliable to overwhelm players with more forces than to coinflip the 2v2 on both fuel points
11 Feb 2022, 15:32 PM

Simple solution: Play in a premade for good games.

Hard to organise games of 4 players but those games area infinitely better than queuing random.

I'm also a braindead random queuer. I think there needs to be at least 1 Soviet in the team because playing without any rocket arty in 4s is death. As allies: Always choose artillery counter because a game without arty counter is annoying and possibly also death. Unfortunately that restricts commander choices by a lot.

My other recommendation is always get MG. MGs are the easiest value multipliers especially in team games where you have more squads to suppress which unironically is why Axis are so strong especially on maps like Red Ball and White Ball. Even if the MG only suppress 1 squad, thats value. 2 squads is more value. 3 squads you've won the game. Its really easy to suppress 2+ squads if you're microing the MG squad.

the land mattress MLRS and calliope exist, even if doctrinal, the former is extensively underestimated with it's destructive (and extremely widespread) area, and the latter is a good infantry killer

For the allies, machine gun starts are not exactly the best idea - vs wehr you will be hit by mortars pretty much immediately, vs okw you will have value, but one flank and your MG has to retreat.

sometimes an infantry squad is simply a better tactical asset at the start of the game. Of course, for the axis, you definitely should get at least one MG, often times several, they are basically stronger for the same cost as the allied MGs are
11 Feb 2022, 16:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2022, 15:32 PMKatukov

the land mattress MLRS and calliope exist, even if doctrinal, the former is extensively underestimated with it's destructive (and extremely widespread) area, and the latter is a good infantry killer

For the allies, machine gun starts are not exactly the best idea - vs wehr you will be hit by mortars pretty much immediately, vs okw you will have value, but one flank and your MG has to retreat.

sometimes an infantry squad is simply a better tactical asset at the start of the game. Of course, for the axis, you definitely should get at least one MG, often times several, they are basically stronger for the same cost as the allied MGs are

LMAO if you actually think that USF and UKF have rocket arty.

These factions need commanders to even be competent against axis, so picking the LM commander for UKF and the Calliope commander for USF is guaranteed way to lose the game.

USF need MG so bad but due to their shitty teching they also need ATG. That way, the only viable choice for them is AIrborne commander. If you pick anything else, good luck rushing Calliope whilst not being able to hold a single fuel: gg.
11 Feb 2022, 17:14 PM

LMAO if you actually think that USF and UKF have rocket arty.

These factions need commanders to even be competent against axis, so picking the LM commander for UKF and the Calliope commander for USF is guaranteed way to lose the game.

USF need MG so bad but due to their shitty teching they also need ATG. That way, the only viable choice for them is AIrborne commander. If you pick anything else, good luck rushing Calliope whilst not being able to hold a single fuel: gg.

urban assault and mechanized support are both (from what i can see) decent doctrines

the one and only doctrine that contains the land mattress is a decent option, you get elite infantry, a shitty mortar, and some other stuff to boot, UKF has strong armor by default so they are not hindered at all for using this doctrine

also sideteching for the US mg, lmao
15 Feb 2022, 11:32 AM

Uh what?

If I get a smurf and lose all 10 of my placement games in 2v2, I can go from lv1 to lv16 without losing a single game. I know because I did this back when I got lv16 1v1 and decided to revisit 2s which I hadn’t touched since I was a new player. Got from lv6 to lv16 without a single loss. Most games were me having 10 times as many kills as my teammate who just asked if I was a smurf lol. There is no such thing as ELO hell.
15 Feb 2022, 19:11 PM

If I get a smurf and lose all 10 of my placement games in 2v2

The depths of ELO hell go up exponentially with the number of monkeys playing the game. See diagram below:

2v2 is basically a 1v1 scenario. Try playing as 4v4 OKW with a donkey team mate against MGs on Redball. It does not matter how good you are, you will lose. Or playing 4v4 soviets on any map with a donkey team mate. You will never have fuel and will be fighting 2 or 3 enemies the whole time.

You also have random crashing to deal with in 4v4 (over double the 2v2 amounts):

So about 10% of games are not even played out (less than 5 minutes long). Everything below about 20 minutes is AFKs, Drops, and horrible matchmaking. For Nordwind, that is about 46% of games are not even played out.

Let that sink in, about half of the 4v4 games on Nordwind are not playable.

In fact winning in 4v4 is so random, I have /L out of every game before and had a winning percentage. Because the retard enemy all dropped after I did. So if you see a bad matchup, just drop to increase your win ratio.

So basically what I am saying is: only retards play Coh2. So Relic programmed it with them in mind. In a very retarded fashion.
15 Feb 2022, 19:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2022, 19:11 PMRosbone
So basically what I am saying is: only retards play Coh2.

Then you should have no issue destroying these retards and getting high ranks. I got rank 3 Ost in 3v3 1.5 year ago no problem, even though I was like rank 100 in 1v1 with Ost. I know another dude who was rank 80 in 1v1 and got rank 1 in 4v4 Ost easily.

You are just mad coping if you think matchmaking over a 50-100 game stretch matters. Teamgame players suck, if you are any good you should be clowning them and getting high ranks. If you can't clown them, you are where you deserve to be in terms of ranks.

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2022, 19:11 PMRosbone
Try playing as 4v4 OKW with a donkey team mate against MGs on Redball. It does not matter how good you are, you will lose.

If you're far far better than your opponents, you will win. Matchmaking is irrelevant over a long stretch of games.
15 Feb 2022, 20:16 PM

If you're far far better than your opponents, you will win.

So if you are a level 16? You can clown two level 13s all by yourself? As OKW or Soviets? LMFAO good luck.

Or if you are a level 10 you can clown any competent premade team?

Every mode you play is basically a 1v1 mode. Where faction matchups are easier to deal with.
1v1 = 1v1
2v2 = Two separate 1v1s on most maps
3v3 = Three separate 1v1s on most maps
4v4 = Two players fighting at the same time on the fuel all game long.

In 1v1 your skill comes to the surface. In 4v4 you are 100% reliant on your team. This is where ELO hell exists in its dominant form.

And Relic has the worst match making in the history of human civilization. So at lower ranks you will go thru long periods of winning 1 out of 4-7 games. Meaning your rank will constantly degrade.

ELO hell disappears at much higher ranks (L14 and up). Because the players crash less and have a fundamental understanding of how to play the game.

The point of this topic is Relic is killing their own brand. Relic are the reason there are not 100k Coh2 players.

Low to mid ranked players lose 5 to 10 games in a row and delete the game.

People get the same map against premade teams 3 games in a row and delete the game.

People get the same shit spawn on the same shit map 4 games in a row and delete the game.

That is why I say only retards play COH2. Any intelligent person would delete this game after realizing they have no chance of winning 75% or more of their games.

Most elites would argue, intelligent people do not play 4v4. But it is by far the funnest mode to most. As shown by the player base.

EDIT:
I would like to add that, at lower ranks, having an AI is actually much better than having a team mate that camps the center VP or a munition point all game long. So playing with noobs is actually like playing a 4v3 for example.
15 Feb 2022, 20:25 PM

Excuses, excuses, excuses. There is no such thing as ELO hell, you’re just not good enough to consistently dominate weak opponents and climb to higher ranks.
15 Feb 2022, 20:36 PM

I agree with Jaeger. If you really are much better than the enemy, you will 2v1 them easily. Heck, I've had games where I had 3x the damage of the rest of the players -> check ranks -> rank 1000+

Generally you are always in the ballpark of the rank you deserve. Sure you can have drops but you will always get it back one way or another if you deserve it. I was around rank 250 for a year until I really started improving my game and now I'm constantly rank 10-60. During the weekends I creep closer to top 10 (I play more games) and during the workdays I'm generally around 40 (I play one game a day max).

When I was rank 250 I didn't really know the weaknesses of OST/OKW. I used to think that because Rifles are 280 and grens are 240, that rifles will win any cover to cover fight, provided both are in identical cover. I didn't know that pioneers had 42 vision. I played all factions a lot when I started, to get to know them, but never really troubled myself with numbers and stats. When I actually checked what/where/who/when/.... I started having a much more consistent gameplay.

That's the main line really... consistent play. Sure long games are cancerous because everyone loses concentration and the FPS drops hard (unless you have 10000$ machines), so it's much harder to control multiple units with 20 FPS in 3v3s. Hence why often enough in 3v3s and 4v4s you see lategame blobs from all sides.
Hell, in competitive play I only go for USF and I play Heavy Cav 80% and airborne 20% of time, pretty much figured out what goes where in terms of countering (I still don't build USF mortars because they suc* hard) and can win and even carry top 30 games (which are seldom but eh).

EDIT: 4v4 is a meme mode. It's literally just a question who has a larger AOE, more armour/hp and stronger bullets

1v1 is all about individual skill/performance
2v2 needs more micro than 1v1 due to the extra enemy (you push back one guy, another might flank you)
3v3 is also micro intensive and population dense, meaning you are never really "safe" and flanks can be brutal. Teamplay is extremely important, so it's a toxic mode because the MM can be horrible. Had games where I played against 4x PGrens with 8 shrecks that just mega blob and run through the middle, and I've also had games where a penal blob runs into an MG and mass retreat (even though that MG was sitting there for the past 4 minutes, didn't move a cm). Such games, if you have the skill needed, you will DOMINATE your "Lane" (speaking in 3v3). Push back the enemy that is fighting you around your VP and flank wherever is needed, helping your teammate.
Sure, horrible games can occur but I've learned a couple of things:

1) Don't queue for more than 7 minutes
2) Don't queue while Europeans are still at work (GMT +0 -> GMT +3)
3) Check how many players are playing. It's good to add good players as friends. From experience, when the people I've played with and had great games are playing, the MM tends to be much better.
4) From my experience, I get better games when the ratio of Axis/Allies queue is 60% axis/40% allies.
15 Feb 2022, 20:39 PM

Excuses, excuses, excuses. There is no such thing as ELO hell, you’re just not good enough to consistently dominate weak opponents and climb to higher ranks.

Ummm, this is not an argument. This is just gibberish. Show us the data.

Talk is talk. Data is data :D
15 Feb 2022, 20:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2022, 20:39 PMRosbone

Ummm, this is not an argument. This is just gibberish. Show us the data.

Talk is talk. Data is data :D

Data for what? You cry that you’re better than your rank but due to matchmaking you can’t climb. I gave you my personal experience and another dude’s experience as examples and you want data of what? The playerbase? 99.9999% of teamgame players all suck. The tiny minority of good players are all high ranked because they absolutely destroy anyone in front of them.

Tl;dr: Skill issue, git gud if you wanna get higher ranks.
15 Feb 2022, 21:00 PM

If you really are much better than the enemy, you will 2v1 them easily.

This is the heart of the problem. Are you MUCH BETTER than the two people you are playing against?

So you are level 10. Do you think you are good enough to beat two level 8 players. Especially knowing that one of those 8s is probably also in ELO hell and is really a 12. Because your team mate is a level 4 at best and an AI would be better.

And you are OKW walking into MG walls backed by 4 mortar teams. It does not take much intelligence to see, you will lose.

You will get curb stomped or only be able to hold your fuel. You will not be able to beat the other 2 players also.

I have 100's games where I have ALL of the points the team owns. The whole 4v4 mini map has blue units on the points. And we lose badly. I will bring my wife over and say look, where is my team? I have the ONLY units on the field.

I just played a game where we were losing on VPs and my team mate refused to take the VP. He chased the enemy away then walked back to his safe place and never capped the VP. He waited for me to heal and then walk back to the front to take it. We only had 12 VPs left. And he waited and let it run down more as he had 4 squads standing right next to the VP. And hes like level 7 or 8. Full bred retards. You cant win with these monkeys. The only VPs we ever had were taken and held by me. 4v1. I took right and mid, by myself.

So what happens in 4v4 is (if you are lucky):
- Lose 10% of games to bug splats.
- Lose 10% to AFKs.
- Lose 5% to map spawns.
- Lose 5% to RNG.
- Lose 40% to match making.

The easiest thing for RELIC to fix is match making.

People will always crash.
People will always go AFK.
Delete all the shit spawn maps and only play White Ball? Sounds good to me :D
Remove RNG from the game?

15 Feb 2022, 21:15 PM

Data for what?

Data such as this:

And this:

My only argument in this whole topic is that Soviets are the faction right now that is most susceptible to ELO hell. I am not complaining about my ranks. I could care less about my ranks, this game is complete trash.

ELO Hell exists for 50% of the player base. And it is made worse by factions not performing well and match making.

Relic can only fix match making for 4v4, the most popular game mode. It is the last glaring problem with the game right now. We have had numerous balance and map patches. We need one solid server patch. It would take almost no resources to do and the community would probably do 30% of the work for free anyway. But here we sit thumbing our asses and throwing shit at each other like the monkeys we are.

#DoNotBuyCoh3
15 Feb 2022, 21:44 PM

Okay, that's 2 graphs. And? This proves what?

50% of the playerbase is in ELO hell? That makes absolutely no sense, how on earth is 50% of the playerbase getting screwed over by matchmaking? I doubt even 5% of the playerbase is searching for games at any given hour.

"We are throwing shit at eachother"

You are, not us.
PAGES (13)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment