Login

russian armor

uncontrolled zoom-in | sometimes - why?????

28 Jan 2022, 20:42 PM
Donator 22

I suffer from this phenomenon and now saw it while watching a friend's stream: sometimes the game zooms in. A little. Then, 20sec later again, a little more.
So you have to zoom out from time to time.

I never saw this from professional streamers. But I currently watch a stream, where this happens.

Does anybody else suffer from that?
Does anybody know how to fix it?

It is no dead breaker, but yes, it is annoying.
5 Feb 2022, 08:11 AM
Donator 22

hm, nobody? ok, funny thing
5 Feb 2022, 08:37 AM

Never seen this happen due to the game. It sounds like you are touching your mouse scroll wheel. That would be my first guess.
5 Feb 2022, 08:50 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Agree with Rosbone. Some computer mice also allow you to unlock the wheel, which can result in some spinning just by rapid mouse movement.

The only camer issue I regularly have is that the camera is on rotation at the start of the game, as if I pressed the "alt" key.
5 Feb 2022, 16:47 PM
Donator 22

Interesting. So it seems to be sth really rare. I will be damned, if I touch my mousewheel. That sounds super stupid. But you never know.....I will keep an eye on it and check with Axeboz if he has any idea, why he has the same problem.
Thank you for your replies Rosbone and Hannibal
5 Feb 2022, 17:50 PM

do you use change windows? that might also trigger it
5 Feb 2022, 18:44 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2022, 17:50 PMVipper
do you use change windows? that might also trigger it
ehm, what do you mean by "change windows?"
If your question is, whether I am switching from window to window - no, I do not.
I do play with start options -nomovies -window -forceactive -lockMouse -fullwindow
5 Feb 2022, 18:51 PM

ehm, what do you mean by "change windows?"
If your question is, whether I am switching from window to window - now, I do not.
I do play with start options -nomovies -window -forceactive -lockMouse -fullwindow

Yes that was what I meant, my apologies if it was unclear.
5 Feb 2022, 19:14 PM

I have the same issue, but idk why nor i have an idea to solve this. I use middle mousebutton for scrolling too, so maybe Rosbone is right.
5 Feb 2022, 19:32 PM

I brought it up because I have an mental thing where I like to be full zoomed out. So I constantly fidget with the scroll to be sure I am zoomed out. Then the slightest touch moves it back in again. When I release the scroll it falls to 1/2 to the next scroll position or something. So the slightest touch and it zooms in again.
5 Feb 2022, 19:39 PM
Donator 22

I brought it up because I have an mental thing where I like to be full zoomed out. So I constantly fidget with the scroll to be sure I am zoomed out. Then the slightest touch moves it back in again. When I release the scroll it falls to 1/2 to the next scroll position or something. So the slightest touch and it zooms in again.

ok, interesting, That could be it, I will keep an eye on it.
I also want to make sure I am fully zoomed out always. May be I check that too often.
10 Feb 2022, 11:04 AM

It never happens to me, but Ive noticed top streamers suffer with it sometimes, notably Hans, he does it loads, pretty sure its touching the scroll wheel while microing fast.

Although it possibly sounds like your issue might be different, it it always does it in 20 second intervals.

I would change your mouse controls, so scroll doesnt zoom anymore, now see if it still happens or not..
11 Feb 2022, 18:55 PM
Donator 22

It never happens to me, but Ive noticed top streamers suffer with it sometimes, notably Hans,...

Thank you. I asked him. He says he thinks it disappeared after he changed his mouse.
I tried to replicate it. I could only manage ONE zoom in during 12min. Hm.
I will keep an eye on it. Thank you so far!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 176
unknown 6
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak