Login

russian armor

Has anyone noticed Grenadiers are really good?

PAGES (8)down
4 Mar 2022, 17:13 PM

Because the Vickers is the worst HMG in the game, Sections need racks + bolster + 90 munis per squad to become equal to 240mp + 60muni Grenadiers, the Firefly is slow af and dies when rushed/flanked, the Pit always dies when your line gets pushed and it's exposed or dies to double leig, Sexton is niche and needs to get wipes asap to be worth so not much different to say werfer or Sturmtiger.

On the other hand, Brits have absolutely crippling weaknesses. Their core infantry cannot win fights out of cover unless you blob BRENs, they have the worst MG in the game, worst engineer unit without flamer stock, no mortar, no early light vehicle stock that can fight infantry, their early game crutch unit gets smoked by Ostheer because of 19 range fausts, sprint + camo docs, 222, etc. They get absolutely crushed by Ostheer because you are always one unit behind, Ostheer's Panzer IV is better than Cromwell when they hit the field due to better AI than Cromwell, Ost sniper is better, Ostheer docs are better with like frag bombs, cmd P4, scopes, etc, Ost 222 at vet 1 detects your sniper while you need to go assault officer or cmd vehicle and get air recon which is less subtle and more expensive. Vs OKW you do a lot better, but JLI absolutely wreck your face and since your tanks don't have pintles if your opponent goes Overwatch you can get absolutely REKTED by a single push with skillplanes.

Overall, I think UKF is a bit better than OKW if you go lend lease and assault sections but definitely not as good as USF.

Nobody seems to notice I literally made a followup post elaborating further on UKF's strengths and their weaknesses, this reply seems like a broken record.

Vickers is already infinitely better than the Maxim due to it's super-wide firing arc and long range firepower, not needing to tech for it and the availability of it early on.Sections cost more than grens to be equal to them but have a higher absolute ceiling of usefulness, and their weakness outside of cover is negated mid to late game due to all the yellow cover from arty/tanks.If you leave your FF to fend for itself it's obviously going to lose, that's the same for almost any tank in this game.

Mortar pit need's it's health increased, that or replace the brace ability because it won't save your mortar pit in the end if it's constantly getting shelled not letting your engineers repair it.

>Sextons are niche
literally WRONG

Your entire middle paragraph about Ostheer "crushing" UKF tells me only one thing:

The FACT that OST is a overstated, overbuffed,low-micro needed faction with way too many bullshit abilities, and not that UKF is necessarily weak because of it.You also never mentioned any positives of the faction, further proving my train of thought that 90% of people who play this game have a unending hateboner for UKF and that it's been for years like this simply because UKF is not a copypaste faction unlike a certain other faction in this game and that you can't, or rather couldn't in the past tackle them like any other faction head-on.

UKF's weaknesses are negated in teamgames, and this is me speaking from a 3v3 perspective, since I'm not a raging homosexual that only plays 1v1 like a good portion of the people on this forum
4 Mar 2022, 18:01 PM

You also never mentioned any positives of the faction, further proving my train of thought that 90% of people who play this game have a unending hateboner for UKF and that it's been for years like this simply because UKF is not a copypaste faction unlike a certain other faction in this game and that you can't, or rather couldn't in the past tackle them like any other faction head-on.

I've played about 50 UKF 1v1s the past 2 months and got up to rank 9 UKF in 1v1. I can very confidently talk about the faction and how badly it does vs Ost. The Ostheer and JLI matchups is why people usually don't play UKF anymore.

Also Maxim > Vickers, idgaf what people think. Vickers is literal filth, no suppression whatsoever and literally useless once suppressed.

I don't know why you think Sextons aren't niche, everyone plays lend lease, commandos or hold the line docs high up in the ladder atm.
4 Mar 2022, 18:14 PM

Also Maxim > Vickers, idgaf what people think. Vickers is literal filth, no suppression whatsoever and literally useless once suppressed.

Idk, I'd say the 50 cal is more disappointing. At least the Vickers once you get past the struggle bus of getting it veterency, you can spam its vet 1 to countersnipe snipers, outrange MGs, and get some damage on LVs in a massive arc. Little consolation for an MG that can't do its singular purpose in life though. the 50 cal is sad through and through, especially with it getting the pleasure of being a 4 man squad that deathloops
4 Mar 2022, 19:12 PM

I've played about 50 UKF 1v1s the past 2 months and got up to rank 9 UKF in 1v1. I can very confidently talk about the faction and how badly it does vs Ost. The Ostheer and JLI matchups is why people usually don't play UKF anymore.

I don't know why you think Sextons aren't niche, everyone plays lend lease, commandos or hold the line docs high up in the ladder atm.

JLI is OP vs everything, but that nothing new. Only the modding team find them balanced.
5 Mar 2022, 11:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2022, 19:12 PMEsxile

JLI is OP vs everything, but that nothing new. Only the modding team find them balanced.

Legit, it's not that neccesarily UKF is a weak faction, it's that over the years the balance team/Relic and the axis players also absolutely HATED playing against UKF and nerfed the entire faction into the ground, aswell as giving both OST and OKW incredibly overpowered doctrines, units and abilities that are clearly meant to hard counter UKF
7 Mar 2022, 10:15 AM

Gren LMG AFK is too good best starting infantry in the game. Only IS(green cover) can match them in static play.

Rifles on the other hand will bleed you so much. OST MG is too good too can suppress infantry instantly and in green cover (after 3-4 burst).
7 Mar 2022, 10:32 AM

Only IS(green cover) can match them in static play.

Oh no...
7 Mar 2022, 11:11 AM

grens op lol , the amount bs thats being said he makes it seem OST are having 90% win rate but no. But as usual people ignore facts like win rates and refuse to look in the mirror as that's where the real problem lies.

Regarding brits, they do have some probs in 1v1 but that's due to ther bad design and not to do with OST. In team games brits are very powerful.
7 Mar 2022, 11:41 AM

when i use grens they immediately drop 1 model in whatever combat, then they lose a 2nd one and i have to insta retreat

best infantry my ass
7 Mar 2022, 18:34 PM

when i use grens they immediately drop 1 model in whatever combat, then they lose a 2nd one and i have to insta retreat

best infantry my ass

Imperial dane gameplay
7 Mar 2022, 20:51 PM

best infantry my ass

Maybe you should learn about green cover.
22 Mar 2022, 03:22 AM

LMG42 upgrade was always good upgrade even since 2012. right now its a no brainer option with no setbacks.

Gren squads get wipe easily if been played recklessly. on top of that, theres a 1/4 chance the LMG42 may be drop for yuri to pickup. then yuri can become a russian terminator.
22 Mar 2022, 08:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2022, 03:22 AMy3ivan
theres a 1/4 chance the LMG42 may be drop for yuri to pickup. then yuri can become a russian terminator.

Technically, weapon drop only happens where there is no model to inherit the weapon. So in the case of gren, the dice roll only happens during squad wipe. And the possibility is 1/3 AFAIK.

Only BAR has lower possibility(1/4).
22 Mar 2022, 08:36 AM

Technically, weapon drop only happens where there is no model to inherit the weapon. So in the case of gren, the dice roll only happens during squad wipe. And the possibility is 1/3 AFAIK.

Only BAR has lower possibility(1/4).

There are other unit with lower drop rates like Guards and Air Guards also have lower chances to drop weapons.
6 Apr 2022, 00:13 AM

Clearly the best mainline infantry in the game, in a faction that also has the best MG in the game. Vet 3 bonuses make them moron proof (although to be fair Axis has catered to less skilled players since COH1). Pretty much need to nerf one or the other, although it will never happen.
6 Apr 2022, 12:17 PM

Clearly the best mainline infantry in the game, in a faction that also has the best MG in the game. Vet 3 bonuses make them moron proof (although to be fair Axis has catered to less skilled players since COH1). Pretty much need to nerf one or the other, although it will never happen.

Cope cope blah blah blah cope cope...
11 Apr 2022, 20:47 PM

How is the MG42 the best MG in the game?

Please don't give me excuses like:

It has a massive arc
Comes at T0
Best suppression
Best MG ability
Pairs brilliantly with pioneers sight bonus
:hansRNG::hansRNG::hansRNG::hansRNG:

I only want emotive based opinions from people with axis pfp
11 Apr 2022, 21:13 PM

give grenadiers +1 man
11 Apr 2022, 22:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2022, 20:47 PMGrim

It has a massive arc
Comes at T0
Best suppression
Best MG ability

Because it doesn't have a 360 degree firing arc and thus in theory it can be outflanked and countered, DUH!
12 Apr 2022, 20:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2022, 20:47 PMGrim

It has a massive arc
Comes at T0
Best suppression
Best MG ability

also comes with 240 mp mainline that can probably beat all mainlines and some elite infantry after a 60 muni upgrade and is encouraged to be blobbed for maximum damage/effectiveness

but actually they come in less soldiers per squad so its natural that they get better quality support weapons too
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight