Login

russian armor

Diversion

10 Dec 2021, 15:21 PM

Diversion is an ability available to Ostheer officers.

Many times I have pointed out that abilities like this should be available to SMG infantries but there are some change that imo should be implemented.

Most important change is that the ability locks the officer model in his position probably due to animation. Imo this should simply be removed since it might end up stopping the whole squad.

Imo the ability should also scale with veterancy since the unit loses value in late game.
Bonus could include cost/duration/increase in bonuses/some bonuses could become AOE bonuses.

Can we also change the name which imo is not good at all?

10 Dec 2021, 19:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2021, 15:21 PMVipper

Can we also change the name which imo is not good at all?

What makes you say that? I think the name makes sense. I guess that against human players it kinda does the opposite though. No sense in focusing fire on an officer unit with -20% rec. acc realistically.

If I were to make an ability named "diversion", I would give the squad decreased cooldown and increased rate of fire, but make it much more inaccurate (so that you get a visual effect of the squad trying to make as much noise as possible but also not making them better at combat) and then in return they have less recieved accuracy. Maybe even move a little faster. Could be really good for an SMG squad closing the distance.

Anyways yeah if you give it to SMG squads it would be pretty nice. Veterancy buffs to it are nice as well.

Only thing to keep in mind is that these SMG troops were already balanced with the approach in mind. Having an ability that gives -20% rec. acc. on command might be a bit much, wouldn't you say?
10 Dec 2021, 19:26 PM

What makes you say that? I think the name makes sense. I guess that against human players it kinda does the opposite though. No sense in focusing fire on an officer unit with -20% rec. acc realistically.

If I were to make an ability named "diversion", I would give the squad decreased cooldown and increased rate of fire, but make it much more inaccurate (so that you get a visual effect of the squad trying to make as much noise as possible but also not making them better at combat) and then in return they have less recieved accuracy. Maybe even move a little faster. Could be really good for an SMG squad closing the distance.

Compared to "heroic charge", ""diversion" sound like a weak ability :)

Anyways yeah if you give it to SMG squads it would be pretty nice. Veterancy buffs to it are nice as well.

Only thing to keep in mind is that these SMG troops were already balanced with the approach in mind. Having an ability that gives -20% rec. acc. on command might be a bit much, wouldn't you say?

It my opinion that SMG troops should have their stat changed so that they are powerful but for a limited time. That could allow these unit to be powerful in all stages of the game without ending up to be OP.

So yea some unit might need to be toned down.
10 Dec 2021, 21:41 PM

Sounds like a sweet ability to put on SMG Penals since they don't have anything to make them worth the muni investment. This along with their VET1 ability along with VET2 cooldown/rec acc/and acc bonus would make SMG a viable upgrade.

For AssG/AssEngi it would probably be better to lock it behind tech or Vet1 since they could take over game extremely early.
10 Dec 2021, 21:51 PM

Sounds like a sweet ability to put on SMG Penals since they don't have anything to make them worth the muni investment. This along with their VET1 ability along with VET2 cooldown/rec acc/and acc bonus would make SMG a viable upgrade.

For AssG/AssEngi it would probably be better to lock it behind tech or Vet1 since they could take over game extremely early.

ppsh penals should come at cp1 like they used to and that would make it a worthwhile strat
11 Dec 2021, 01:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2021, 21:51 PMKatukov

ppsh penals should come at cp1 like they used to and that would make it a worthwhile strat

Yea, would give them a decent time to do some damage before Axis LV hit the field. CP2 is pretty late for a upgrade that does not give smoke/camo/sprint. Camo and sprint I can understand but smoke would at least allow you to close in on MG or long range infantry. Diversion would actually allow the unit to shine in situational engagements. It sucks that they didn't just fix the whole conscript SVT balance. It is literally in almost every casted match.
11 Dec 2021, 02:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2021, 19:26 PMVipper

Compared to "heroic charge", ""diversion" sound like a weak ability :)

You are comparing the name, not the stats, right ?
11 Dec 2021, 04:37 AM

Why do you want to reduce (buff, in other words) ttk by close range inf?
11 Dec 2021, 08:10 AM

Why do you want to reduce (buff, in other words) ttk by close range inf?

This is not what I suggested. SMG Troops have proven difficult to balance especially in all stages of the game. Moving some of the power from base stats to abilities could help in the that processes.
11 Dec 2021, 09:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2021, 08:10 AMVipper

This is not what I suggested. SMG Troops have proven difficult to balance especially in all stages of the game. Moving some of the power from base stats to abilities could help in the that processes.

From where will you remove some of their base stat power?

At the moment the ability you describe would be a buff on top of standard baseline stats.
11 Dec 2021, 09:20 AM

From where will you remove some of their base stat power?

At the moment the ability you describe would be a buff on top of standard baseline stats.

Are talking about the ostheer officer that already has the ability or about other unit getting similar abilities?

The ostheer officer is weak already and does not scale combat wise into to the let game so he does not need a nerf to its base stats.

Anyway main point is to fix the lock in position animation that prevent the unit from moving.
11 Dec 2021, 15:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2021, 09:20 AMVipper

Are talking about the ostheer officer that already has the ability or about other unit getting similar abilities?

The ostheer officer is weak already and does not scale combat wise into to the let game so he does not need a nerf to its base stats.

Anyway main point is to fix the lock in position animation that prevent the unit from moving.

"abilities like this should be available to SMG infantries"

Makes it sound like you want this ability, or one like it, for all SMG infantries.
11 Dec 2021, 16:00 PM

"abilities like this should be available to SMG infantries"

Makes it sound like you want this ability, or one like it, for all SMG infantries.

Some SMG already have abilities that help them, like camo/sprint other do not.

Generally speaking I would rather see abilities for SMG units, some of them might need other changes if they get them but it would have to be case by case.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight