Login

russian armor

Red Ball Map Change

Should the Shot blockers on the Middle Point of Redball Block low velocity guns?
Option Distribution Votes
60%
40%
Total votes: 15
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
3 Dec 2021, 00:32 AM

I have played one too many games on this map where Brummbar and Sturmtiger/AVRE firing over the middle shot blockers has decided games. Theres no real counter play to this, except maybe aggressive artillery spam, or matching cheese with cheese, so it by default turns this map into an absolute meatgrinder if the game drags out past 40 min or so, Especially when Heavy TDs enter the mix.
3 Dec 2021, 16:54 PM

elite armor and brummbar auto wins the middle point for you, there's nothing you can do, focus the side VPs instead
3 Dec 2021, 17:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The middle shot blockers are really a bummer. The map overall is okay despite layout issues, ST, AVRE and Brummbar can dominate the middle though in a stalemate.

Lienne Forest has a similar issue as well with the middle VP, albeit only from one direction.
3 Dec 2021, 17:32 PM

I can't wait to see the design of teamgame maps in COH3 when it's released
3 Dec 2021, 17:56 PM

its a map exclusive, nice to have different maps with variations, some maps/zones are better suited for different factions and metas
3 Dec 2021, 17:59 PM

Just veto it along with the other anti-Allied hellholes maps like Steppes, General Axis and Rzhev Winter.

3 Dec 2021, 18:16 PM

Just veto it along with the other anti-Allied hellholes maps like Steppes, General Axis and Rzhev River Winter.

But then you're stuck with Essen, Angrymundy, Ettelbruck and stuff like that.
3 Dec 2021, 19:25 PM

But then you're stuck with Essen, Angrymundy, Ettelbruck and stuff like that.

Ok I'll rephrase. Keep Rzhev Winter as that's just difficult to fight on for everyone. Ban Angrymunde instead. Essen is fine as a map imho? Many flank routes and very difficult to bunker up properly.

Well I think Ettelbruck is the best 3v3 map, so whatever I say about it will be interpreted as sus by many ppl xD

Ultimately it's a case of 'pick your poison' and develop an acquired taste for maps such as Lienne and Rzhev Winter.
3 Dec 2021, 21:50 PM

its a map exclusive, nice to have different maps with variations, some maps/zones are better suited for different factions and metas

Ah yes, the meta of clicking a single button on occasion. Truly high skill gameplay really finessing one's skill and micro ability as you blindly attack ground without consequence.
7 Dec 2021, 20:40 PM

to be honest it might be even worse with out the shot blockers and just be even more of a heavy axis td shooting gallery like most 4v4 map
7 Dec 2021, 22:22 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

elite armor and brummbar auto wins the middle point for you, there's nothing you can do, focus the side VPs instead

Did you ever play in 3vs3, 4vs4 vs an Avre middle? No fun i can tell you.

But yeah on the one side its too powerful for such units as you and me listed up, on the other side, left and right side is just longrange fights.
7 Dec 2021, 23:14 PM

But yeah on the one side its too powerful for such units as you and me listed up, on the other side, left and right side is just longrange fights.

Completely true. Played a 3v3 game with a brit ally that parked it there and his premade soviet ally just supported it. I don't think there was a single decapture of that point throughout the time that AVRE was there, all it took to win it was just probing on one other VP and capturing it without bleeding too much. Was not a fun win and had the same scenario but was on the receiving end of the sh**stick called ST parked behind the middle shot/sight blocker. Same shit, different faction. Both AVRE and ST should not be able to fire over shot blockers. If an AT gun or a normal tank can fire through it, so can the nuke dispenser, otherwise a big no-no
7 Dec 2021, 23:16 PM

i have played many 3v3s but not vs Avre's, not that i remember

i didnt know avre could fire over the wall like the st, good to know though
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment