Login

russian armor

Bofors are OP

4 Aug 2022, 14:04 PM

If you can't flank a stationary building, your chance of winning is also a NIL.

you need to chill bro
4 Aug 2022, 14:08 PM

I don't doubt your statistics mate it's just that everytime I attack a FP it has an MG so you get suppressed so the chances of actually hitting it are nil.

Yeah but its not wehrmacht making 20 bunkers on every single approach/flank tier

they need 120 munitions to make their infantry competent as USF, so there wont be many FPs, walk up and use a pak gun or mortar or something
4 Aug 2022, 14:15 PM

Yeah but its not wehrmacht making 20 bunkers on every single approach/flank tier

they need 120 munitions to make their infantry competent as USF, so there wont be many FPs, walk up and use a pak gun or mortar or something

Yea I know mate I was just bringing up something and suddenly the anti-axis coalition sprung up into action. Yes we know you need 120muni to make shitmen competent. Yes we know OST can spam bunkers ad infinitum chilll.....
6 Aug 2022, 12:54 PM
Benefactor 392

why are dead threads being re-opened?
6 Aug 2022, 15:00 PM

Simple clear.
Clear them before Mortar Pit and Bofors combines.
Bofors Range is 45.
use ground attack with AT guns at max range and mortar firing.
25 Aug 2022, 08:01 AM

Simple clear.
Clear them before Mortar Pit and Bofors combines.
Bofors Range is 45.
use ground attack with AT guns at max range and mortar firing.

But the thing is the hitbox off the bofors is way to small for attack-ground.
You will probabrly be shooting it the next 5 minutes before you get it down , besides i find it sometimes re-targetting way to fast when the smoke dissappears , it's sometimes ridiculous.

Combine that with the fact you are able to put pressure everywhere else while you put a entire point on a halt , if you don't have firesturm doctrine or flares so you actually hit the damn thing it's a pain in the to deal with especially when the bofors is backed up by other teammates the moment you try to make your move , it can sometimes even keep you from ever taking the point untill late game.

It's not like a simple bunker where your infantry is just pinned and not in danger while keeping a sightline.
25 Aug 2022, 10:09 AM

Very simple: eyy... uhmmm... well...
25 Aug 2022, 13:01 PM

It's crazy that this stupid thread is still going, been rez'd a few times now. No idea why.
26 Aug 2022, 04:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2022, 08:01 AMSolved

But the thing is the hitbox off the bofors is way to small for attack-ground.

idk about hitbox but the bofor have a target size of 40 while the biggest tank of the game have target size of 26.
26 Aug 2022, 08:27 AM

idk about hitbox but the bofor have a target size of 40 while the biggest tank of the game have target size of 26.

that only applies when you can see it and directly hit it.
When you use attack ground the hitbox is narrowed down to literally the bofors so it shrinks to literally the hitbox size off a kubel.
26 Aug 2022, 18:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2022, 08:27 AMSolved

that only applies when you can see it and directly hit it.
When you use attack ground the hitbox is narrowed down to literally the bofors so it shrinks to literally the hitbox size off a kubel.

Hahhaahahaha whatever your on drugs man. If i see any brit build a bofors in 4v4 i know we have already lost the game. Its worthless sames as moter pit and theres is 99 ways to destroy it in about 2 mins after its built and always is. The only time ive built one is in games when its literally down to the wire in vp points where im not expecting it to do anything more than delay them for just enough time to win by vp points last few minutes of the game.
26 Aug 2022, 19:11 PM

Pretty much. Any brit player building a mortar pit or a bofors on any 3v3+ map against any opponent, it's pretty much GG. Justifies the good old formula "Multiply brit rank by 10 to get actual rank"
26 Aug 2022, 19:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2022, 18:27 PMRocket

Hahhaahahaha whatever your on drugs man. If i see any brit build a bofors in 4v4 i know we have already lost the game. Its worthless sames as moter pit and theres is 99 ways to destroy it in about 2 mins after its built and always is. The only time ive built one is in games when its literally down to the wire in vp points where im not expecting it to do anything more than delay them for just enough time to win by vp points last few minutes of the game.

-_-

for mortar pit this does not apply , i just encourage you to try it with the cheat mod for once and see the difference.

If a brit is half competent he will just easily push you back anyway , the whole reason these get build is to easily put pressure somewhere else while wasting someone else he's time to a point he's unable to support a different front , like who would build a AEC when cause off the 4 vs 4 map size a AT gun can cover a entire lane.

And no , there is maybe 99 ways to delete a mortar pit but not a bofors , it's actually fairly limited if you ask me , especially on a 4 vs 4 lane.
27 Aug 2022, 01:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2022, 19:24 PMSolved

-_-

for mortar pit this does not apply , i just encourage you to try it with the cheat mod for once and see the difference.

If a brit is half competent he will just easily push you back anyway , the whole reason these get build is to easily put pressure somewhere else while wasting someone else he's time to a point he's unable to support a different front , like who would build a AEC when cause off the 4 vs 4 map size a AT gun can cover a entire lane.

And no , there is maybe 99 ways to delete a mortar pit but not a bofors , it's actually fairly limited if you ask me , especially on a 4 vs 4 lane.

Let me give you some knowledge, a brit player does not push not until bolster and double brens or they lose as they are terrible without their cover bonus, but strong asf early game with green cover, we use cover and play a delicate game of position. Almost always in a defensive very conservative way the only offense is the UC leading the way for me to hopefully get IS into a favorable position in cover controlling the fuel. How do the brits push you against mg42 ost or overwhelming out numbered infantry numbers thats guaranteed as okw when i just explained to you why you dont push with brits. The brit also could not of rushed bolster, weapon upgrades and is prolly down an IS squad further out numbered if he built a bofors.

Kill a bofors = double raks, double leigs, double ost mortars, paks, smoke bofors with said leigs rush in volks throw lava nades, medium tanks, idiot brit player will try to repair said emplacement that was worthless to build in first place with REs and will probably get wiped as they take extra damage while repairing, and also are not in the battle because they are busy repairing a worthless emplacement, because it did nothing the 2 mins it did exist. Also there is this thing once they take barages called brace it last a long time and it cannot fire only take ones leig to make it do this, then you send in at guns lava nades etc.

All of these counter units are almost always built against brits anyway so its not like your forced to build them to counter it you should of anyway. The real sim city is okw with double lieg abuse but thats always been fine because thats how the community balance team enjoys it rampid in 4v4. God forbid when double pak howies were good and the only counter was a non doct rocket arty piece your gonna make anyway versus a deal with leig spam all game if i dont pick a rocket arty doct.
27 Aug 2022, 07:57 AM

I might be a minority in saying this, i'm not sure. But does anyone else just dislike having emplacements in the game in general? Their not OP obviously, and I get that they are supposed to be the Brits 'thing' but i've always found them annoying, going right back to the first game as well.

Actually that's a biased lie. I loved the flak 88.
29 Aug 2022, 17:26 PM

I might be a minority in saying this, i'm not sure. But does anyone else just dislike having emplacements in the game in general? Their not OP obviously, and I get that they are supposed to be the Brits 'thing' but i've always found them annoying, going right back to the first game as well.

Actually that's a biased lie. I loved the flak 88.

Well, look.

Brits in COH1 used to be not "static" but "mobile" having OKW-style halftracks as command buildings that you could push a button to move and secure point. And if you see you were losing said point, you could remove it again and move it to a better place.

It was a good, if micro intensive style.

Now some genius at lelic took this idea and translated it to plain SimCity 4 experience. After 5 years, we realize its bad.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★