Login

russian armor

What cause infantry missed their shotand lose in battle?

15 Oct 2021, 14:09 PM

Many time my infantry unit losing when fight because It likely intended to miss without any reason except RNG.
example
-IS with 2x bren vs panzer granadier. PZgren just running from logn range untill can get into close range.with no man dropped.
-Penal lose in fight vs grenadier at close range.

In my experienced this mostly happened to infantry section. somematch they dropped enemy like a flies some they didn't even want to kill enemy.
15 Oct 2021, 14:38 PM

RNG yes.
15 Oct 2021, 15:49 PM

RNG yes.

bad RNG in whole match?
I think it was bug like some value stuck and not update.
15 Oct 2021, 16:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2021, 15:49 PMvgfgff

bad RNG in whole match?
I think it was bug like some value stuck and not update.

did they stand in cover? Did they move? Veterency?
Pls add the replay and point out the timestamps.
15 Oct 2021, 16:53 PM

did they stand in cover? Did they move? Veterency?
Pls add the replay and point out the timestamps.

Nope. Open vs open.
next time I met I will record it.
Why this game is not autimatically save a replay?
15 Oct 2021, 17:01 PM

Lot of this can come down to what model your squad is shooting at. Sometimes due to squad spacing they will focus fire on 1 model and can drop it quick and swing the engagement. Likewise in cover battles if one squad is behind small cover and 1 model isn't getting the benefit they can drop quickly if targeted. This often happens at max range when the other models can't be targeted. Otherwise it's probably just RNG.
15 Oct 2021, 20:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2021, 16:53 PMvgfgff

Nope. Open vs open.

It does automatically save it, it's just that it gets saved to a temp file that's overwritten by the next game you play :)
16 Oct 2021, 07:57 AM

Lot of this can come down to what model your squad is shooting at. Sometimes due to squad spacing they will focus fire on 1 model and can drop it quick and swing the engagement. Likewise in cover battles if one squad is behind small cover and 1 model isn't getting the benefit they can drop quickly if targeted. This often happens at max range when the other models can't be targeted. Otherwise it's probably just RNG.

this make sense. I will take a look. Thanks
16 Oct 2021, 09:30 AM

Cover, VETERANCY bonuses, and a slight amount of RNG that that can be mitigated by player skill. So l2p?
16 Oct 2021, 09:32 AM

Cover, VETERANCY bonuses, and a slight amount of RNG that that can be mitigated by player skill. So l2p?

Definitely Not a L2p for sure. You can't use SKILL to make your unit not miss their shot that caused by game algorithm.

I wonder It might have some bug.It not happened every match but if it happened it going to messed up your infantry whole match.

16 Oct 2021, 11:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2021, 09:32 AMvgfgff

Definitely Not a L2p for sure. You can't use SKILL to make your unit not miss their shot that caused by game algorithm.

I wonder It might have some bug.It not happened every match but if it happened it going to messed up your infantry whole match.

Yes, you can.

You can place into cover or manourvre to deny cover. You can know vet bonuses and wait/avoid fights if you really want to maximise shots on target (or recieved). You can minimize RNG by trying to force favorable fights. Either that or you don't really know why COH is known for.

If there is a match that 'messes up your infatry whole match' I think the competitive scene would have found it by now, unless it news and in which case you should provide evidence at the earliest opportunity.
16 Oct 2021, 13:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2021, 16:53 PMvgfgff

Nope. Open vs open.

IS are way worse, if they are not in cover. MIght have been that-
16 Oct 2021, 13:16 PM

Yes, you can.

You can place into cover or manourvre to deny cover. You can know vet bonuses and wait/avoid fights if you really want to maximise shots on target (or recieved). You can minimize RNG by trying to force favorable fights. Either that or you don't really know why COH is known for.

If there is a match that 'messes up your infatry whole match' I think the competitive scene would have found it by now, unless it news and in which case you should provide evidence at the earliest opportunity.

if you pulling player skill it will out of scope when I've talking about game system.
I don't want to know about how to minimize or avoid Bad RNG because It will come with opposite can did this too and finally it will back to my point again. therfore player skill doesn't matter. assuming both player have same skill and one got bad RNG. to be more clear is mortar vs mortar or howitzer counter howitzer.

A point of this topic started with "What cause" that mean I want to know that maybe it have another mechanic or glich that I didn't know before.

THanks

16 Oct 2021, 14:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2021, 14:09 PMvgfgff
Many time my infantry unit losing when fight because It likely intended to miss without any reason except RNG.
example
-IS with 2x bren vs panzer granadier. PZgren just running from logn range untill can get into close range.with no man dropped.
-Penal lose in fight vs grenadier at close range.

In my experienced this mostly happened to infantry section. somematch they dropped enemy like a flies some they didn't even want to kill enemy.

because sometimes without your consent you are in green cover and sometimes you are not

Its L2P issue

or is it a troll?
16 Oct 2021, 18:42 PM

because sometimes without your consent you are in green cover and sometimes you are not

Its L2P issue

or is it a troll?

Which sentence that I said about I've use them without or have an issue with cover?
Maybe you need to re read my post again.

I've met with a lot of BAD RNG scenario like...
-My infantry section sometimes even in green cover they still losing fight vs gren which in green cover too. gren drop 0 men but with 60% HP. My IS dropped 3 and need to retreat.

-IS get charged by cqc unit, from very long to close range, no men drop and yes They're in cover.

And Maybe You didn't know that IS got some buff when fight without cover long time ago.

I've post this because I want to know if there have some kind of mechanic about this that I may never notice.

It difinitely not about player action or skill like you placing 2 mortar control by 2 player then barrage to enemy this scenario known as good vs bad RNG. you can't manully aim a mortar and shoot by yourself.

futuremore if any comment later than this isn't talk or give an idea about a game system.
like this

I will ignore it.
17 Oct 2021, 09:09 AM

Its L2P issue

or is it a troll?

Oh its 100% a troll. I'm just replying to coutner the arguement for others rather than personally to it.

The arguement that 'mortar vs mortar' has no skill and brings us back to your original point, IN FACT, brings us back to my original point:

RNG can be mitigated but will always and should always be an inherent part of the COH franchise. Personally I hope they lesson some of the more common and impactful rng elements while still retaining those 'wtf moments' for COH3.

Notice I didn't reply direct to the troll, I feel it's our duty to make him work too.
17 Oct 2021, 11:16 AM

Oh its 100% a troll. I'm just replying to coutner the arguement for others rather than personally to it.

The arguement that 'mortar vs mortar' has no skill and brings us back to your original point, IN FACT, brings us back to my original point:

RNG can be mitigated but will always and should always be an inherent part of the COH franchise. Personally I hope they lesson some of the more common and impactful rng elements while still retaining those 'wtf moments' for COH3.

Notice I didn't reply direct to the troll, I feel it's our duty to make him work too.

Actually You guys are 100% troll not me.

I talk about system. you going player skill

You starting with
"you can place into cover or manourvre to deny cover."
Did you enemy brian dead when you doing this. They just do the same and it will go back to my original
the argument mortar vs mortar is cleary that was depending on RNG and there have no way mitigated and this is very clear that you can't find any arguement to argue.
What next?
people like you are going to toxic mode by goind rude, didn't respect other and likely to invite other guy.you just try to win.

I already got and answer that because A targetting system and formation
and my next post It will comewith evidence that you need.
(and that time I believe you're going silence)

17 Oct 2021, 14:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2021, 11:16 AMvgfgff

I talk about system. you going player skill

You starting with
"you can place into cover or manourvre to deny cover."
Did you enemy brian dead when you doing this. They just do the same and it will go back to my original
the argument mortar vs mortar is cleary that was depending on RNG and there have no way mitigated and this is very clear that you can't find any arguement to argue.
What next?
people like you are going to toxic mode by goind rude, didn't respect other and likely to invite other guy.you just try to win.

I already got and answer that because A targetting system and formation
and my next post It will comewith evidence that you need.
(and that time I believe you're going silence)

You got that right... whatever is it you're saying.
18 Oct 2021, 20:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2021, 11:16 AMvgfgff

I'd just ignore them. If anything it's just kneejerk reactions to all of the threads on here that are just raging about losses and complaining or blaming balance as opposed to honest questions about game mechanics or strategies. They probably just didn't take the time actually read your post and assumed your thread was on of those... (or they were just trolling for reals)
5 Nov 2021, 05:49 AM

Actually, I had an issue like this and I was searching the internet if there's a hack like that invulnerable units for a period of time.

Literally, two squads full hp rifleman in green cover cannot hit a charging SP (open area). The damage? very little damage.

But there are times when I play OKW, SP drops like a fly with Rifles and IS or even conscript.

Just bad RNG or bug probably.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS