Login

russian armor

Hannibal's personal gameplay design

Pip
23 Dec 2021, 21:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2021, 21:40 PMKasarov

Not possible. Sounds and animations are tied to the model, and you can't swap them.

Very unfortunate. I wish lelic released vaguely powerful modding tools, rather than the half-arsed stuff they actually shipped. Or even just better access to "under the hood".

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2021, 20:55 PMKatukov

the panzer 2 is the german COUNTERPART of the t-70

and the king tiger is the german COUNTERPART of the IS-2

They are the closest EQUIVALENT UNITS between the factions

learn to fucking read

The German counterpart to the IS-2 is the Tiger (Or maybe the Ace?), not the Konigstiger.

This is a really stupid argument you're making, as even if OKW had a T-70 and IS-2 nondoctrinally the surrounding faction would still be completely different.
23 Dec 2021, 21:59 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

learn to fucking read

I'd just like to defuse the situation here by pointing out what I believe to be the context of Vipper's concerns.

In my suggestions, a T-70 upgrades into an SU-76, and a KV-1 upgrades into an IS-2 as they were built on the same chassis. The Soviet player is therefore able to freely invest in these stopgap vehicles without delaying SU-76/IS-2 timings.

Now imagine if a Panzer II could upgrade into a StuG III and a Panzer IV J could upgrade into a Tiger. That's what he's worried about.

To address the concerns, the T-70 is a lot less powerful than vanilla with its limited sight. It also has a much slower RoF; the gunner stands up to look for targets after each shot which limits RoF considerably. The IS-2 is also closer to a Pershing than vanilla IS-2 in that its a Panther that can fight infantry; Panther and IS-2 share the same 'weight class' of ~45 tons, after all.

Anyway this thread is about Hannibal's mod ideas, so lets keep it that way. I only posted my stuff up as possible inspiration/additional ideas he might find interesting.
23 Dec 2021, 22:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2021, 22:03 PMKatukov
horrible ideas

lets not do any of this, except maybe the vehicle vision one

Bother to write any critique or reasoning?
23 Dec 2021, 22:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2021, 09:17 AMKasarov
I agree with the vehicle vision and mobility changes as well as sniper changes; with a few differences I myself have also included something similar in my own personal mod that I've been developing off and on.

Having a lot of experience playing around with the mod tools and redesigning core mechanics, I can offer you some some ideas if you are open to suggestions.

Recently, I have finished my core Soviet faction revamp and currently working on Ostheer. I don't mean to derail the thread, though I think you may find this insightful or at the very least interesting:

I like a lot of the suggestions you made, and they sound both very thematic as well as coherent within the other changes.

I am not a modder though, my experience goes only as far as to changing simple stats. That's what I then stuck to when twiddling around in the modding tools if I had time for it.
I personally like the CoH2 overall gameplay. The balance patches over the last years removed some of the grittyness (such as reducing OHKs), which I personally liked gameplay wise. Also, I wanted to implement some changes where I felt that CoH2 feels wrong (Soviet faction teching and infantry design, snipers etc) and maybe get a slightly more authentic touch on it within an arcade strategy game. But as I said, I am not capable of implementing larger changes, so basically everything I do comes down to changing a couple of values. Which is enough for much of what I want to achieve.
24 Dec 2021, 09:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2021, 21:59 PMKasarov

With those changes it would make more sense.

learn to fucking read

Learn some manners.
24 Dec 2021, 11:57 AM

Me to the balance team after reading these changes

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 6

Ladders Top 10