Login

russian armor

Player Communication improvements for COH3

23 Sep 2021, 09:16 AM

The communication system of COH need a huge upgrade upgrade.

The necessary:
A mute button for speech and ping.
I can not stress how much this feature needs to be added.

In addition it would be nice if additional indication could be added to the tactical map like attack here, defend here, reckon here or even if one could draw arrows.

Finally "team speak" feature could be added.
23 Sep 2021, 10:32 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Not sure about the VOIP feature. The amount of idiots that often run around in these type of games that think only their strategy is valid and everyone need to follow their great tactical genius is quite high. I'd rather not have them shout into the game all the time.
If it is added, there should be a "do not accept VOIP" option to just mute everyone as standard. However, this should also be indicated to the team mates that this player does not hear VOIP.

Overall, I think a kind of ping/flag system would be best. Mute functions for text chat and pings should be implemented too. As well as a report button, but that is another topic.
23 Sep 2021, 11:08 AM

If there is system with bulletins and commanders imo commander should be visible to opponents but bulletins not.

Enemies should also not be aware of surrender votes.
23 Sep 2021, 11:27 AM

Not sure about the VOIP feature. The amount of idiots that often run around in these type of games that think only their strategy is valid and everyone need to follow their great tactical genius is quite high. I'd rather not have them shout into the game all the time.
If it is added, there should be a "do not accept VOIP" option to just mute everyone as standard. However, this should also be indicated to the team mates that this player does not hear VOIP.

Overall, I think a kind of ping/flag system would be best. Mute functions for text chat and pings should be implemented too. As well as a report button, but that is another topic.

I completely agree, I'd like for CoH3 to adopt a Men of War style of ping/ chat system where:

1.) VOIP is available for use if wanted (and you can "deafen" yourself like you said)
2.) The ping system is more fleshed out; in Men of War, there is a "ping" button. If you simply press the button a generic ping happens at your cursor. If you hold it, a radial menu opens up with different, more detailed pings.
3.) (This one could be useful for play between users who speak different languages, in addition to the expanded pings menu) Have a feature like Men of War where you can use chat normally, but if you HOLD the chat button it brings up a radial menu of preset phrases like "Thanks!" "Sorry!" "OK!" and these phrases could perhaps actually be localization strings. So if you use the "Yes!" phrase, English speakers see "Yes!", and German players see "Ja!" and so on.
23 Sep 2021, 11:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2021, 11:08 AMVipper
If there is system with bulletins and commanders imo commander should be visible to opponents but bulletins not.

Enemies should also not be aware of surrender votes.

As long as bulletins stay mostly not impactful, as they are now, I'd agree. It's not like early in CoH2's life where you could stack 3 of the same kind of bulletin and that kind of craziness.
23 Sep 2021, 13:06 PM

100% agree about ping-mute, there is no doubt about that (but ofc the ping still needs to show on the map!)

But I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to give the option to disable/mute the speech chat. Because what if I write valuable & important intel stuff in chat that helps to win the game? I don't even know if my teammate can read it.

If anything I would restrict this option to mute the [ALL] enemy chat, but not the team chat
23 Sep 2021, 14:25 PM
Donator 22

mute is super nice - and if that option exists, of course you want to know when you write to a team.
A feedback like [player: xyz is mute] after you send a message
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS