Login

russian armor

2 non-doc upgrades for mainlines

18 Sep 2021, 19:52 PM

This is just a suggestion for mainlines, presenting 2 choices for upgrades/sidegrades, that come at a cost, but which could come in handy if the situation demands. And the ''real/good'' mainline upgrades is doctrinal.

UKF.
-5 man bolster
-4 man with snare option

SOV.
-7 man cons
-6 man with 2-3 ppsh's

OST.
- mg42 LMG
- 1-2 G43's (think jaeger package is 3 g43's ?)

OKW.
- 2 STG's
- sprint or smoke package

USF.
- choice of BAR's or zook's
-2 garands with longer, more effective range

18 Sep 2021, 21:21 PM

This is just a suggestion for mainlines, presenting 2 choices for upgrades/sidegrades, that come at a cost, but which could come in handy if the situation demands. And the ''real/good'' mainline upgrades is doctrinal.

UKF.
-5 man bolster
-4 man with snare option

SOV.
-7 man cons
-6 man with 2-3 ppsh's

OST.
- mg42 LMG
- 1-2 G43's (think jaeger package is 3 g43's ?)

OKW.
- 2 STG's
- sprint or smoke package

USF.
- choice of BAR's or zook's
-2 garands with longer, more effective range

Dont mean to be a jerk but the suggestions are bad aside from USF since they are pretty much a downgrade. I really feel garands would help with late game bleed.

I the spirit of your idea I have been thinking that Volks should get a 5 scoped Kar upgrade that would literally keep their weapon profile but increase the base damage by like 4 per gun. That way Volks would scale better into the late game but would have a clearly defined weakness.
18 Sep 2021, 22:36 PM

my idea is that doctrine enchancements to mainline infantry should always be better than these suggestions, but give some versatility not usually found in the faction, but at a heaavy cost.

all the suggestions would be a sidegrade or downgrade in many cases, but you WOULD have the option incase you need it.
19 Sep 2021, 00:02 AM

I really feel garands would help with late game bleed.

USF just needs the third weapon rack (M1919) to be available non doctrinally.
19 Sep 2021, 08:41 AM

USF just needs the third weapon rack (M1919) to be available non doctrinally.

No they just need slightly cheaper Bars and less manpower on the weapon upgrade tech.

Bars are really good but overpriced compared to other upgrades (90 Obers lmg, 90 Brens, 80 G43 Pfs). Going from 120 muni for 2 Bars to 100/90 muni for 2 Bars should make a noticeable difference while still being at a reasonable lvl.

Sidetechs cost too much manpower currently imo. The fuel is there to make the decision between sidetechs and main tech. But idk why it punishes manpower income this much. Reduce it to 100 from 150 atleast.

With these 2 changes USF can make the transition from unupgraded to upgraded inf faster and be more competitive in this regard. Currently its way easier for volks and grens to get their upgrade and gain the advantage.
19 Sep 2021, 08:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2021, 08:41 AMGeblobt

No they just need slightly cheaper Bars and less manpower on the weapon upgrade tech.

Bars are really good but overpriced compared to other upgrades (90 Obers lmg, 90 Brens, 80 G43 Pfs). Going from 120 muni for 2 Bars to 100/90 muni for 2 Bars should make a noticeable difference while still being at a reasonable lvl.

Sidetechs cost too much manpower currently imo. The fuel is there to make the decision between sidetechs and main tech. But idk why it punishes manpower income this much. Reduce it to 100 from 150 atleast.

With these 2 changes USF can make the transition from unupgraded to upgraded inf faster and be more competitive in this regard. Currently its way easier for volks and grens to get their upgrade and gain the advantage.

Making tech cheaper and cheaper does not seems to create new issues as seen by UKF. One should be looking in slowing down tech instead of continuously promoting it.
19 Sep 2021, 08:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2021, 08:44 AMVipper

Making tech cheaper and cheaper does not seems to create new issues as seen by UKF. One should be looking in slowing down tech instead of continuously promoting it.

There is still the fuel cost. And thats mostly what delays tech generally speaking. I rather pay 75/20 than 150/15. And compared to UKF USF needs this to make rifle competitive. LMG Grens shit on unupgraded rifles and even stg volks have an advantage vs them. They get these upgrades at 5 min and bleed you afterwards until you get bars. But now you cant tech this cause your mp gets drained all the time.
19 Sep 2021, 10:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2021, 08:53 AMGeblobt

There is still the fuel cost. And thats mostly what delays tech generally speaking. I rather pay 75/20 than 150/15. And compared to UKF USF needs this to make rifle competitive. LMG Grens shit on unupgraded rifles and even stg volks have an advantage vs them. They get these upgrades at 5 min and bleed you afterwards until you get bars. But now you cant tech this cause your mp gets drained all the time.

My point is that tech is becoming cheaper and cheaper this is simply a trend that should be stopped.

If a faction is behind in tech instead of making cheaper it should simply become more expensive for the other faction.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★