Login

russian armor

Please implement vehicle abandons.

20 Sep 2021, 01:10 AM

Pip
20 Sep 2021, 12:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2021, 01:06 AMmrgame2

i have to disagree, rather those wanting removal are the loud minority.

I'll agree to disagree. I'm hopeful that Relic will listen to reason and not re-implement abandons regardless.

but let just say, abandoned as a mechanic to gain access to enemy vehicle is a great feature and unless relic creates new feature to replace it. removing it is just cutting down the potential of emergent gameplay and layers. most players want to play a mulit faceted games.

Randomly handing vehicles to your opponent doesn't create a multi-faceted gameplay experience. It's a terrible feature that just provides massive swings in momentum for one side or another with absolutely no input. You have no control over whether or not a vehicle gets abandoned, so the only thing it does is discourage aggressive play. Discouraging aggressive play creates an exceedingly boring game.

Losing a vehicle is already punishing enough, I see no reason that you should also have a chance to effectively build your opponent a vehicle on top of losing your own (Completely randomly).

i have to disagree but i am not going to convince you. let just say abandoned have to stay. but we have to study what are the impact that some of you claims dislike.

a simple solution is by adding resources usage to repairing a captured tank. would that work?

it gives players another decision making stop, to see whether salvaging a P4 20 mins in a match a worth or not.

Getting a discounted tank at almost any stage of the game is a no-brainer. There is nothing you could add to the "feature" to make it anywhere near balanced/a decent part of the game other than being able to deterministically cause abandons. Abandons being at all random is a non-starter of an idea.

CoH1's Bergtiger is a better implementation of a similar concept, though it is also not fantastic there either.

in fact, my theory is, those who dislike abandoned, how many games have you lost due to this always cited example of 'it punishes aggressive plays'? is it very common and impactful or just a theory because the dislike of random outcomes?

Plenty of games have been severely negatively impacted/lost because one side or the other got exceedingly lucky/unlucky and their tank received an MGC or was abandoned. They're disabled in any vaguely "competitive" game for precisely that reason.
20 Sep 2021, 13:19 PM

No wonder, because majority of the playerbase are teamgame players. And if you are malding over abandon in 4v4, there is something wrong with you.
But in 1v1, that requires a lot more effort and attention, such things may decide the fate of the match. The match that you put a lot of effort and time, just to get rekt by a horrible RNG mechanic.

There is no place for crits in 1v1.
Pip
20 Sep 2021, 13:25 PM

No wonder, because majority of the playerbase are teamgame players. And if you are malding over abandon in 4v4, there is something wrong with you.
But in 1v1, that requires a lot more effort and attention, such things may decide the fate of the match. The match that you put a lot of effort and time, just to get rekt by a horrible RNG mechanic.

There is no place for crits in 1v1.

If teamgames become more balanced/less retarded in CoH3 (by some miracle) then I'd argue they ought not to be in teamgames either. Currently it isnt hugely meaningful in CoH2, because teamgames are a mess anyway.
20 Sep 2021, 18:34 PM

Everyone's talking on this thread like the mere possibility of vehicle abandons "destroys all aggressive gameplay!!11" and yet there are plenty of aggressive plays and despite teamgames being the most statistically likely place for abandons to happen, there are still aggressive plays that happen despite the less than 5% chance of an abandon happening upon a tank's death.
20 Sep 2021, 18:40 PM

All it sounds like to me is that it punishes dives into enemy territory completely unsupported by any allied forces which is already a gamble in the first place. One smoke drop, one AT shot, one panzershrek or bazooka hit will destroy an abandoned tank. I fail to see how it's that hard to deal with if you're playing combined arms properly.

Anyways I never wanted my argument to be to force crits onto 1v1 gamemodes. I think that if that's what they want then that's what they want. However, I think that it should totally be a thing in teamgames. Or like someone else said there should be a mechanic that replaces it.

There's nothing more satisfying and morale-depleting than owning an enemy with their own tank.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★